Félix Correia (1 Viewer)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The fact is that Parma have a better player than him in his main position - Dennis Man. So he's often played on the right, but to me he is better cutting inside from the left as he's not a classic winger. Parma also moved to a back three later in the season which limits his roles, in their 4-2-3-1 he would find more space.

You can't force clubs to play your players, you can only loan them under the pretence that they will play regularly. If the club or player were bothered they could have called him back in January. Some loans are successful, some aren't, it'll always be that way as there are so many different factors to them. Soon we won't have to worry so much about it as we won't be able to loan so many out.

Or it could just be that he isn't really that good. Serie C is one thing in a team with a high technical level. I went onto a Parma forum to see what they have been saying and they basically just take the piss out of how bad his crossing is. They've essentially got Man and then a bunch of erratic wingers to choose from, and they don't know who is worse. TBH he gave this impression to me - his dribbling skill is very high and he occasionally does something brilliant but the rest of his game was erratic and uncontrolled, like he wasn't always sure what he would do next, and the higher you go in the football ladder the more you get found out - you have less time on the ball and less chances to make your mark. It's hard being on loan with a new coach and system, but you have to impress when you get chances. Parma have taken to using him as an impact sub, and he is having very little.

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
We can’t get our own club to play youngsters. How hypocritical to insert contractual obligations for loan clubs to do something we aren’t willing to do ourselves.

Mar 9, 2006
completely unrealistic to put something like this in a contract. there might be clauses stating that if the player doesn't play enough then the loan can be terminated earlier, but you can't force any club or coach to play your player.
You can negotiate absolutely any terms of loan deal, even the termination of the deal if player doesn't play a lot

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You can negotiate absolutely any terms of loan deal, even the termination of the deal if player doesn't play a lot
that's what i suggested. you wrote something different. you suggested that the loaner club must be obliged to play a player, which is nonsense. nuances in contracts make a lot of difference.

again, you don't read or understand your own posts, as it was proven many times.

Mar 9, 2006
that's what i suggested. you wrote something different. you suggested that the loaner club must be obliged to play a player, which is nonsense. nuances in contracts make a lot of difference.

again, you don't read or understand your own posts, as it was proven many times.
No, you've said it's unrealistic to write in the contract that club will have to play a loaned player in X matches and im saying that its absolutely realistic and happens all the time

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Look at the Gallagher's and Gilmour's deals - Crystal Palace and Norwich had to play them for X amount of matches otherwise they both would have been recalled back to Chelsea in January
I think those figures are surprisingly low, lower than the average fan would like to accept. Gallagher's for example was supposed to be "play in 50% of games in the first half of the season". That could presumably be any minutes in those games. Turns out he's a very good player who deserves to play a lot, but rather than numbers the parent club wants to see progress and growth from the player, and that comes with opportunities.

It's a nice idea to think for example that we could ask all clubs to play our players in 75% of games but if a coach doesn't like them or they don't play well they won't play much, they'll shrug their shoulders and they can get another loanee in. We might send them out again for the second half of the season and the same thing happens, there is no way of forcing a club to play them. Co-ownerships sometimes worked better because there was added value for the playing club.

Mar 9, 2006
so you don't understand the word "obliged", that's fine.
It's you who don't understand this word - Crystal Palace and Norwich were OBLIGATE by signed contracts to play Gallagher and Gilmour for X amount of matches because otherwise both players would have been recalled back to Chelsea in January. Juventus could have done the same with the most talented youngsters.

- - - Updated - - -

I think those figures are surprisingly low, lower than the average fan would like to accept. Gallagher's for example was supposed to be "play in 50% of games in the first half of the season". That could presumably be any minutes in those games. Turns out he's a very good player who deserves to play a lot, but rather than numbers the parent club wants to see progress and growth from the player, and that comes with opportunities.

It's a nice idea to think for example that we could ask all clubs to play our players in 75% of games but if a coach doesn't like them or they don't play well they won't play much, they'll shrug their shoulders and they can get another loanee in. We might send them out again for the second half of the season and the same thing happens, there is no way of forcing a club to play them. Co-ownerships sometimes worked better because there was added value for the playing club.
Sure it's better to recall a loaned player back in January and try to find him another club than to waste the whole season for him?

rainhard

May 5, 2004

We can do that for money as a loan fee at least. We give them discount loan fee for playing him more. But they always can choose not to playing him ended up pay the maximal fee

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

Jun 16, 2020
The fact is that Parma have a better player than him in his main position - Dennis Man. So he's often played on the right, but to me he is better cutting inside from the left as he's not a classic winger. Parma also moved to a back three later in the season which limits his roles, in their 4-2-3-1 he would find more space.

You can't force clubs to play your players, you can only loan them under the pretence that they will play regularly. If the club or player were bothered they could have called him back in January. Some loans are successful, some aren't, it'll always be that way as there are so many different factors to them. Soon we won't have to worry so much about it as we won't be able to loan so many out.

Or it could just be that he isn't really that good. Serie C is one thing in a team with a high technical level. I went onto a Parma forum to see what they have been saying and they basically just take the piss out of how bad his crossing is. They've essentially got Man and then a bunch of erratic wingers to choose from, and they don't know who is worse. TBH he gave this impression to me - his dribbling skill is very high and he occasionally does something brilliant but the rest of his game was erratic and uncontrolled, like he wasn't always sure what he would do next, and the higher you go in the football ladder the more you get found out - you have less time on the ball and less chances to make your mark. It's hard being on loan with a new coach and system, but you have to impress when you get chances. Parma have taken to using him as an impact sub, and he is having very little.
He had a great run as LWB with us last year, I haven’t been following him at Parma.

You could easily see last year that indeed he had great dribbles but was very sluggish with the ball at times.

I don’t necessarily think that he hit a ceiling or something. This kid is 21 y/o and has been changing clubs for the 3th time in a row. I understand that from the clubs perspective it’s very difficult to manage all the in- and outgoing players for the youth teams and finding a good place for them, but I don’t think that’s in Correia’s interests to change surroundings every year, although it’s inevitable that he’ll be out on loan next year aswel.

For the higher profile players that we have (I count Ranocchia in there aswel, plus Soule and Miretti) we should definitely aim for clubs who play for the top 8. In Serie A it’s perhaps more difficult but it would be great if we could give Dragusin some Conference League or EL experience for example.

Its not only the right surroundings but also creating a name for ourself as a club that has some top tier talents, as for now we don’t have that name. Anyway it’s a ongoing project and it’s not about Correia alone, the first generation of U23’s was to much lose sand, the teams of last year and this year are brining more exiting players.

Tomorrow the semis of the YL btw at 14:00

Last edited:

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Wanted to look into what he's been up to this year and it appears he hasn't played at all for Next Gen in Serie C.

Where is he playing? Or is he not? Transfermarkt says he's with Next Gen but he apparently has no appearances and no stats for 22/23 season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Wanted to look into what he's been up to this year and it appears he hasn't played at all for Next Gen in Serie C.

Where is he playing? Or is he not? Transfermarkt says he's with Next Gen but he apparently has no appearances and no stats for 22/23 season.
He's been out 6 months after serious shoulder surgery. Trained with the NG in November but I get the impression he is being prepped for a loan to get fitness back up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)