Experiences that changed your life. (2 Viewers)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
I cant remember what I have learned from good and bad things... I guess I have lerned something, but subconsiously. Plus, I dont need to make a misstake to learn from it ;)
haha, i do
and lots of times

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
fab care to tell us more? about the experience
sure

well as some of you might know venezuela isnt going through happy times and every weekend there are at least 20 people killed here in the capital, and the insecurity is pretty high.
thank God i havent gotten robbed like pretty bad, like my dad he was once kidnapped.

anyways, the first time i got robbed was in the shakira concert. the concert took place in a not-so-good place of the city and lots of ugly (ugly as in thieves you know people that look like them) were there. i had this technomarine watch for whoever has heard about them that i really liked, the watch itself was like $250 and it had like a $90 leather strap, not to brag about the price but to tell exactly what i had. so i was in the concert with two friends, my mom and the girl that works in my house and i saw some ugly men behind us, i even told my friends to stay close to me because i thought they could like grab my butt or whatever but never steal my watch because im a very distracted person plus im used to seeing that watch everyday to different people so it never crossed my mind to take it off. plus it had the leather strap that made it look like any other watch, because what makes technomarine recognizable is their plastic strap. well it was almost the end of the concert and i was tripping and dancing and i always had my hands like close to my stomach but i touched my hair with my left hand and when i did that one of those men pulled my watch and stole it. thank God it wasnt anything like with a knife/gun but i was pretty angry. later i found out they had all set up and were whispering and stuff.

then i was watchless so i had to use this watch i had gotten for my birthday in fifth grade. i was really in love with that watch. it was a tag heuer F1 special edition and i really liked it. i didnt like wearing it though because this is a very insecure place and that watch is discontinued so in like ten years itll be worth a lot. i told my parents several times that i wanted a new cheap watch so i wouldnt have to use that one but they didnt seem to care.

so yesterday i was on the subway stairs with the girl that works here and a man came up to me and he was like give me your watch. i saw he didnt have a gun/knife/anything so i kept walking. he said give me your what or the guy behind you will shoot/kill you. i dont remember his exact words. so i thought hell what if he has a gun i dont want to be killed, so i put my wrist and the guy took my watch. then he saw i was holding my cellphone so he was like give me your cellphone too so i gave it to him. then i saw the two guys going up the stairs and i was gonna follow them but i what if they had a gun, theyd have shot me. anything in venezuela can happen

so now im watchless and i hope ive learned my lesson, i rather have a thief taking material stuff that put some resistence and get killed or shot

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
That shit happens here all the time too, especially with taking cell phones and shit.

I myself am pretty careful when out, I always llok around, hear every suspicious noise, look behind me every now and then. I read this article about how much people are aware and careful of things and people around them, and it had 4 levels. I'm on the 3rd with the 4th already being borderline paranoid.

I'm one of those people that always sees the worst case scenario in everything.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Im pretty paranoid when im in a car like i always think there is someone following us and stuff. but in those two cases to be honest i didnt think my watch could have been stolen because i was pretty distracted. it really sucks to always be like afraid of stuff and not wearing that kind of stuff because you could get killed

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I wouldnt call it beng afraid, rather being aware. Anyways, I'm not afraid of someone taking my stuff, I always have my cell, my watch with me, always a fair amount of money in my wallet. I wouldnt give anyone anything unless they are a realistic threat for my well being, but in that case I always try to spot danger ahead, and walk around it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That shit happens here all the time too, especially with taking cell phones and shit.

I myself am pretty careful when out, I always llok around, hear every suspicious noise, look behind me every now and then. I read this article about how much people are aware and careful of things and people around them, and it had 4 levels. I'm on the 3rd with the 4th already being borderline paranoid.

I'm one of those people that always sees the worst case scenario in everything.
When im alone walking im very cautious

Yeap... im not paranoid..but im aways preceeding what could happen. A car, someone just passing by, people hanging out in the streets.everyhing,, i check everyhting. If someone is followin me just by coincidence,,, im always thinking the way of how to counterattack if he/she tries something xtrange :)

If im alone in a dark path...im alway ready if someone comes from the front, just waiting a signal to defend myself in the moment,,,and run.

I must be in that way because my nehihborhoot is not the best of all you know. IM not scared in the street,,, but being over confident could be fatal.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
well the problem is that im aware when im alone and the situations described above but both things happened in cases id never think about, one in a concert and the other one at 12 15 pm in a stair full of people, so after that happened i thought that i was so dumb how could have he shot me in front of all the people? but hey i live in venezuela and anything can happen

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
And the same way I am too :)
I'm very careful, and as you said Hydde: preceded, no matter where I am: street, home, shop, everywhere.

We have so many people, who want to steal you sth: cell phones, watches, wallets, bank cards, IDs etc.

fabi: many of such things happen in places, where are people, and noone react, cause such attackers are very agressive, there is no big deal for them to beat, kick you in front of other people.

And I also have always my stuff with me. I'm not so paranoid, to keep everything at home.
I'm not sure, what would I do, if someone stand in front of me and wanted my stuff. I always say, that better to lost my wallet, than my life :undecide:

The best way is to avoid phycisal contact like fight with assailant, cause you never know, how strong he is.
And for sure, when you're such small woman as I am: and if you have to, never face to face, but in some sneaky way.

Can you imagine, that we had lessons on my study about: how to not become a victim of a crime?

I've learned many things there, psychological aspects of crimes, but I've learned other cooler things :cheesy: from my younger brother.
In the beginning, I had huge psychological barrier in myself to hit someone, even if someone attacked me.
He helped me to realise, that I have to be able to hit someone, when it's needed, cause that can safe me and my life.
So I know I wont hesitate, when someone will be real threat for me.

btw: I came to think about that in this way, after some experience, when we were attacked by some bastard.

€lke

Dec 22, 2002
an experience that changed my life......

MY BOYFRIEND OF COURSE!!!! He's so sweet, I hope I won't leave him and he won't leave me....I love him so much :D :heart:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002

I read this article about how much people are aware and careful of things and people around them, and it had 4 levels. I'm on the 3rd with the 4th already being borderline paranoid.
i'm on the 4th level.

oh but you already knew that didn't you?;)

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
I discovered these boards and I'm telling the truth when telling that they changed my life in better indeed, even if I oculd not explain properly this fact, I just know it :) Thank you all.

And for the worse part ... my parents' divorce ...

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
I saw this cow once, and I thought... "Man! That's a nice cow!"
Ever since that day I get really happy whenever I see or eat a cow. Amazing stuff. Cows are quite funny creatures, they do absolutely nothing but stand around and eat, and take a dump every now and then... yes, those cows are great.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
I saw this cow once, and I thought... "Man! That's a nice cow!"
Ever since that day I get really happy whenever I see or eat a cow. Amazing stuff. Cows are quite funny creatures, they do absolutely nothing but stand around and eat, and take a dump every now and then... yes, those cows are great.
Nah :lazy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)