Ever Banega (2 Viewers)

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I think if he does come its a sign we are building for a team for the future,with him if he is as good as ppl say he is and Marchisio plus the rumours surrounding Cigarini, well thats a healthy CM position covered for years to come.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He's still at Barcelona but they let cesc go, remember? Fabregas is a supreme talent but iniesta can do it all, in different positions too. Would love him at juve but Barca would never let him go.
No actually we nicked him from Barca...Barcelona didnt let him go.

murzik

Jul 10, 2007
Valencia agree £12M Banega fee with Boca Juniors
tribalfooball.com - December 29, 2007

Valencia have an agreement in-place for Boca Juniors star Ever Banega.
AS says the two clubs have settled on a £12 million fee for the youngster, with contracts to be signed next week.

Banega, who doesn't hold an European passport, will sign a five-year deal with Los Che and is expected in Spain on January 3.

Jul 5, 2005
I don't trust tribalfooball.com but if Valencia offers more wages from Juve then Boca may conclude Banega's bid to Valencia. It's a shame because Banega was very close to us.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Yeah, I'm a bit sceptical as its from TribalFootball, but then again I would hate if we came this close to signing a player and not getting them again.
here it is from Goal.com

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=530145

Valencia Agree Verbal Deal For Boca's Banega

Valencia have reached a verbal agreement with Boca Juniors to sign Éver Banega for around €18m and will off-load Manuel Fernandes to fund the deal, according to a report in Spain.

zoom - galleria Los Ché are determined to begin to rebuild their squad and the confidence of their supporters after a dreadful run of results and see the 19-year-old midfielder as crucial to that plan.

Benega is a rising star in Argentina and has been targetted by the Spanish club's sporting director, Miguel Ángel Ruiz, to slot in the team's midfield, according to AS.

The player's agent has also confirmed that negotiations have now reached a criticial stage and that a written agreement is now being mapped out.

Ángel Ruiz, along with the finance director, Miguel Gonzálvez, are working on a deal that will see Banega, who does not hold a European passport, put pen-to-paper on a five-year deal.

Koeman has given the green light to the operation and is expected to show the Argentina Under-20 starlet around the club when he arrives in Spain on January 3.

Banega was one of the stars of the Argentinian side that won the FIFA under-20 World Cup in Canada and was also part of the Boca Juniors set-up that lifted the Copa Libertadores.

As well as looking to off-load Santiago Cañizares, David Albelda and Miguel Ángel Angulo, Valencia will also hope to find a quick exit for Manuel Fernandes.

The Portuguese midfielder moved to Mestalla in the summer from Benfica after spending last season on loan in England with Portsmouth and Everton.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Koeman Tells Trio To Leave And Looks For New Faces

Ronald Koeman has stated that he wants Santiago Cañizares, David Albelda and Miguel Ángel Angulo to look for a transfer and said that he will bring in replacements.

The Dutch boss spoke about the current saga at Valencia on Dutch television and reiterated that the trio are no longer part of his plans at Mestalla.

While club president Juan Soler said that the players would not be outcast, Koeman has different ideas and was clearly beginning to tire of the issue.

"They are not going to return because it is my decision not to call upon them. I am honourable in the sense that if I say it then there is no other way," he explained.

"Everyone is free to say what they think, but the decision has been taken and I have the backing of the sporting director and the president.

"They can continue training because that is their right according to their contracts, but the best thing for the club and, above all, for them would be for them to seek an exit.

"I do not want to say anything more about this because we have been talking about the same thing for two weeks and I think we should discuss other things.

"From now on I am going to say no more about this."

One player that will not be leaving is Nikola Zigic who has proved to Koeman that he could be a valuable asset with three goals in the last two games before Christmas.

"He has proved to be very useful with his goals that he scored recently and we need him," the coach continued.

With a deal set to be finalised for Boca Juniors starlet Éver Banega, Koeman explained that there could be more than one new arrival at the club in January.

"It is possible that we will bring in more than one player, depending on the possibilities because now is not a great time make signings, but we are trying," he stated.

"It is now right to talk about positions, but the team does need strengthening."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

oh well

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I think we can only look to sign players within the league..elsewhere we will be used as a steping stone for the selling club to get a better price for that particular player.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Banega snubs Juve switch
Sunday 30 December, 2007

Juventus look set to miss out on Ever Banega as the highly-rated Boca Juniors ace is on the verge of joining Valencia.

According to Spanish newspaper AS, the Argentine midfielder has caught the eye of Valencia boss Ronald Koeman.

Los Che have offered £12m for the player and Boca are ready to accept, according to the player’s agent.

However, it remains to be seen if he will arrive in January to give the La Liga outfit a much-needed boost after the winter break.

Previously, a source close to the Argentine giants told Tuttosport that Juve were after the player.

After the disappointing start to the season from summer arrivals Tiago Mendes [pictured] and Sergio Almiron, Bianconeri boss Claudio Ranieri believes they need to bring in a new midfielder.

The Old Lady could ask Valencia for their former captain David Albelda, who has worked with Ranieri before and is available on a free transfer after being frozen out by Koeman.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
i knew these news would come up. Whats annoying, is that its valencia, a club who are not gona play no more european football this season, and a club who seemed to be in a big mess some weeks ago, looks like they are going to keep their key players after all? if we cant compete with them in market, then we are bound to stick with rejects like albelda.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
I am starting to think our board is generating all these transfer rumours to keep us fans interested, but in reality we not gonna sign anyone. Because we are going to be sold by Fiat next summer, and its better for them to spend less time and money on transfers to improve the squad. I mean not even Mellberg bosman deal was confirmed, and now Ever Banega...and VDV in the near future. It all smells of something fishy....

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
If Moggi was still in charge I would say he faked the interest in Banega because he knew Valencia wanted both Banega and vdV so he'd come up with something like "we'll let you have Banega and you forget about VdV"...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
AS is the newspaper that "sold" Kaka to Real at least 10 times during the summer and they "sold" Dinho to Milan at least 20 times in last year.
They even photoshoped a picture of Kaka holding the newspaper in his hands and they've put this pic on the front page of the paper.

AS are the spanish version of Tuttosport, they are 100% pro-Real and anti-The rest of Spain.

The only problem is that this isn't a rumour about Banega going to Real but it's a rumour about a player joining Valencia.
It's like Tuttosport writing about some player who's about to sign with Roma :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)