Evaluation of season 2004/2005 (5 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I think we were a bit lucky cause milan lost concentration in the final stages with cl , and that caused us to take it easily

Jan 7, 2004
Don Bes' evaluation of Juventus Seria A campaign 2004 - 2005

Let me see if i remember everything

Golies (or should i say buffon)

Buffon - 7 - 7.5- Receives the mark only because we know he can do better and this was not his best season. Still solid and very reliable and does very few mistakes but for some reason i can only remember that own goal in the game against atalanta. He surely made use of a solid defence.

Chimenti - no vote - played very little in the seria a. keep praying that nothing happens to buffon

Deffence

Zambrotta - 7.5 - he surely didnt pull forward as much but his is one of the reasons we had such a solid defence, but still i do miss his runs, who got also shortened due to capello's formation of putting nedved on the left. so, unless your name is owen hargreves please think twice before trying to drible this kid.

Pessotto -7 - If this was a relative marking system, pessotto would get a solid 10. He gave all he had even though sometimes he fell a little short. Reliable back up whether you put him on the right or the left or just in the middle of the field. Sadly he is at an age where he has to prove his worth every season, and as much as it hurts i think it is time for him to leave juventus.

Birindeli - 6 - Didnt see much of him, maybe he didnt convince capello or maybe he wasn't needed thanks to the surprise from pessoto but either way he is one of those players who have stayed at juve longer than neccessary .

Zebina - 6.5 - 7 - He started out very good making us dream of having some attacking options on the right but wether it was injuries or mistakes on defence (mainly due to his confussions whether he plays on the right or on the centre) i am looking forward to see what he offers us next season.

Cannavaro - 8.5 - Who would have thought that we would get a world class defender for a back up golie who we knew had no chance of making it big at juventus (considering the team we are dealing with is inter :rolleyes:). Very few mistakes and some crucial goals, some people call him man of the season and he deserves it.

Thuram - 7.5 - 8 - At that age and after that disastrous season last year who would have thought he would have come back to the best. But he did and it sure is sweet. Very few surprises with him and canavaro.

ferrara - no vote - congratulations to him on his records and good luck on his future with juve.

montero - 5.5 - 6 - a shadow of his former self but he did have a mistake free end of the year. good luck to him wherever he goes.

The Midfield.

Camoranessi - 8 - The more i think about it the more i think that that loss to regina was a good thing. After that horrible game from Camoranessi, we have only seen improvements from this guys. He carried our backs offensively. I just wish he was a little faster and a little wiser. expecting great things from him in the future.

Nedved - 6.5 - 7 - Is it age or injuries ? juve seemed to do better without him but some rest can only do him good and he should be back next year at the top of his form. Should go great things at least for another year if he can manage to stay injury free.

Oliviera - 6.5 - Maybe this season will be a lesson to him, and staying under the guidance of a great coach may help him. He is still young and should offer more in the future. Scored some crucial goals.

Kapo - 6.5 - few chances and many injuries. He hasnt showed anything yet.

Emerson - 7.5 - 8 - We knew we needed someone like him and even though he didnt have a season as good as last year he was still crucial. Maybe pairing him with a great midfielder in the centre will help him imporve his game too. One of the best of the season.

Blasi - 6.5 - He reminds me of Gattusso when he first started with milan, maybe he can learn a few tricks on how to play some offensive football. He is young and can still improve.

Appiah - 6.5 - He started out really bad but towards the end of the season he did improve. Could be a great partner for emerson but he has a lot of work to do.

Tacchinardi - 6 - Didnt offer anything this season. Hopefully he will leave. The prospect of blasi getting better is juicier than keeping Tacchinardi.

The Attack Force.

Ibrahimovic - 7- 7.5 - Great first season and he sure did adapt his game to seria a. people seem to forget that not only he scored but also he gave a shit load of assists. Sell him or keep him ? I am gonna trust moggi on this one.

Trezeguet - 7 - When i remember how well he started this season i feel like crying. Is he done with the injuries ? even though i wouldnt like it i think he is out of here. Scored some crucial goals down the stretch.

Del Piero - 6.5 - 7 - He actually had a better season than i honestly epected, but i cannot seem to look past the fact that his name is del piero.

Zalayeta - 7 - I really wanna give him 10 or 9.5 because he was surprise of the season. Great back up and always ready when called upon. juve's secret weapon.

The managment

Capello -7.5 - Controvercial. Is it that he didnt have a good team ? or is it that he seemed to foolishly follow some tactics that seems to screw him. Perfect successor to lippi.

Moggi - 7.5 - 8 - but he gets a 6 for leaving us with no second team. all is forgiven when he seems that he can pull transfers out of his ass.

The future ? Dubious, i feel like the team needs some improvment. 2 years ago the same thing happened. i dont want us to go through that cucle again.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
Don Bes' evaluation of Juventus Seria A campaign 2004 - 2005

Del Piero - 6.5 - 7 - He actually had a better season than i honestly epected, but i cannot seem to look past the fact that his name is del piero.

Finally, Bessy, you throw it out. :yuck:

And this is the main reason why you would need to....SHUT UP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)