Eurovision Song Contest (11 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
true but then again didn't they all, it was clearly down to the war, even lorraine kelly was booed when she tried to give out the uk results. Pathetic
Yes, very pathetic, but isn't the whole thing exactly that?

Anyway - as for the songs. They indeed all sucked and were very similar. At the summary (you know, when they show short clips of all the songs with the phone numbers) my dad actually thought it was one and the same song :D

snoop, Italy are never in this contest because they have more sense than other nations.

btw did you see the french? everyone else announces the results in english but OH NO we have to be our usual arrogant selves and announce in french :fero::D
Hey, I think EVERYONE should announce it in their native language. Who made English king of the hill?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
At least we managed to avoid that this time.

We always participated one year, completely blew it, were out one year, came back the next year, completely blew it again, etc. etc. :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
it will take at least 5 years for the rest of europe not to hate us, god help us if we start another war :scared:

we should make it a 'world' competition it would be more fun, and the UK would be guaranteed 12 points ;)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
No thank you - I can just see the French sending their troops to every former colony of theirs to force them to give the frog entry 12 points :scared:

From a Dutch point of view - I say let's do it :strong:

Not EVERY European nation hates you btw ;)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
lets just ban the french and germans from entering..I've had enough of them :D:stuckup:;)
Good plan!

The Dutch commentator made a great remark yesterday btw - the Germans didn't give us any points and he said something like "Great. First they invade you and then they don't even TRY to make up for it." :howler: :D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
It may surprise you: but out there, there's a tolerant nation, very pro-anglican with English as a second language and Brit comedy shows as the core of television :dazed: ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)