[Europa League] Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 JUVENTUS (April 3rd 2014) (7 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Ogbonna

• Isla

• Marchisio

• Pogba

• Pirlo

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Osvaldo

• Mirko

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
another clean sheet by buffon.... his 21st of this season.... god damnit why is this guy getting older :touched: 21 clean sheets.... let's take a look at other goal keepers

Lopez: 13 clean sheets
Reina: 13 clean sheets
Cech: 19 clean sheets
Hart: 12 clean sheets
Valdes: 19 clean sheets
Szczesny: 20 clean sheets
Lloris: 20 clean sheets
de Gea: 19 clean sheets
Mignolet: 10 clean sheets

He is still up there with the best goalkeepers in the world...fuck the haters
These stats doesn't make sense since some of those keepers don't even play in CL.

So how many clean sheets Neuer has so far and Courtois?
If we counted only CL and league games, Courtois has 18 clean sheets and Neuer has 17 clean sheets.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Jesus christ i just made a list out of some good goalkeepers.. who gives a shit? Fact is that our defence and keeper are very good and have a lot of clean sheets... and we should be proud of that

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Jesus christ i just made a list out of some good goalkeepers.. who gives a shit? Fact is that our defence and keeper are very good and have a lot of clean sheets... and we should be proud of that
No no no, it is okay dude! We just want San GIGI to be first! and seems he is. ;)

Kudos for the stats.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
While there was clearly an awful lot wrong with that Juve performance, it was a good exercise for them in terms of gaining experience in two-legged knock-out football. Very awkward to get the balance right as an away team when you are playing a decent side who are determined to play as negatively as Lyon did.

I thought Juve got their approach about right. 0-0 wouldn't have been a bad result, so there was no reason to go committing too many men high up the pitch and risk getting caught on the break. That was particularly true in the first half when there really was no space and so Juve were't likely to gain from taking risks. In the second half the game opened up a little around the time Vucinic came on and Juve did pretty well in exploiting the spaces that appeared and really should have scrored before they did.

That said, if you go into the details of the Juve performance, it was very poor - particularly in the first half.

The movement from the midfield five and the front two was virtually non-existent. If you are being man-marked, you need to try and rotate the positions of players to ask questions of the markers to see if they are prepared to leave their zone to keep marking and to see if players switching positions can create some confusion. Even if markers couldn't be lost, you should be able to manipulate the opposition to enable you to create a one-on-one situation somewhere in a bit of space. That should have been easy to do wide (though Juve's wingbacks aren't terribly likely to beat a man one-on-one) and should have been possible to create in a more central area with Pogba or Tevez if Juve had shown a little more guile.

However, you could argue that the movement required to open things up would have left Juve more exposed and that may not have been a risk they were willing to take in the circumstances and I wouldn't particularly criticise them for that, though I would still suggest they could have done a lot more without risking much.

Felt sorry for Bonucci in the first half. He ended up looking bad with how few of his passes were coming off, but the players in front of him were moving so poorly that he barely had a target to hit.

Anyway, it's a good result for Juve and should be enough to see them through.

On a side note, (almost) regardless of allegiance, I do love to see a team who have played an incredibly negative game lose to a late goal.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Haha Red, you caught me sharing a shitty statistic, those stats sites are so unreliable.

But it was and an OFFSIDE anyways!!! :lol:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
another clean sheet by buffon.... his 21st of this season.... god damnit why is this guy getting older :touched: 21 clean sheets.... let's take a look at other goal keepers

Up there? He is the best goalkeeper in the world. I'd love to see most of these keepers when they're Gigi's age now. This guy is a treasure for all football fans. One of the best ever in his position.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

:shifty: :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)