[Europa League] Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 JUVENTUS (April 3rd 2014) (4 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Ogbonna

• Isla

• Marchisio

• Pogba

• Pirlo

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Osvaldo

• Mirko

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Not in Contes 352. Mainly because of Pirlo.

Imagine an Ozil or Mate in our set up. We would be physically pounded.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine an Ozil or Mata in our set up next to Pirlo. We would be physically pounded.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
True, but the reason it worked is not because it's a "better" formation. It was effective because it was a surprise, and it was a good counter to how Madrid plays. In other words, it was the right formation for that match.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Imagine an Ozil or Mate in our set up. We would be physically pounded.
Nah bro. To play a CAM you simply remove Pirlo from the equation. Play Vidal or Pogba as anchor and the other as the box to box and play the CAM further ahead. Basically, you're pushing the creative engine of the team further up the pitch.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
In the future if teams open up for Bonucci and put their attention on Pirlo we should just sub a CB for an attacker to nullify their gameplan instead of trying to force it
Gio is definitely not MoM in my opinion. He barely had time to get really involved. His speed and agility at the time he was subbed in definitely made stand out compared to anyone else.

Bonucci was very fortunate to be at the right place at the time when he scored that goal. Considering he had more time on the ball than pirlo, i just feel he could have done a much better job.
Bonucci was terrible and it wasn't just his long balls.

At one point he fell over trying to dribble the ball just outside the box, and Pirlo of all people saved the day.
:agree: Bonucci was horrible. Had a few unbiased mates texting me saying how bad he was.

KingGale

Il Barone
Dec 24, 2012
Lol at all the whinning. Did u guys expect us to win 4-0 or 5-0 at Lyon's home?

We dominated the second half and created 3-4 chances and we scored 1, thats a decent to good performance to me. If u want to watch a team thrash opponent 3-0, 4-0, i suggest u guys support Real, Barca Bayer instead.

Giovinco did very well in this match yet Ponucci deserved Motm due to his goal. And did Marchisio play? He was on the starting 11 yet i couldn't see him anywhere.

With such quotes in your avatar and signature do you expect anyone to take anything you say seriously, about Marchisio or otherwise

Jan 5, 2011
With such quotes in your avatar and signature do you expect anyone to take anything you say seriously, about Marchisio or otherwise
My signature contains the truth, I bet more than 50% Tuz members agree with that. So maybe you don't take my posts seriously but there are others do.

Ps: Did you see Marchisio often in this match?

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
My views are strengthened when i realise they differ from the rest of you plebs.
That's fine, but he was no where near MOM. He was hardly in the match. Everyone has their favourites.

He had the lowest passing percentage of the non-forwards and was content in fouling every time he was beaten/out-muscled, giving away four fouls. He attempted a single long ball which failed, so even though he was only trying short passes, he failed to find his team-mate the most often, bar the forwards who are in the most difficult area of the pitch. He made zero attempts on goal. He did make four tackles, the second best after Asamoah, and zero intercepts, even Pirlo made 4. The only other players not to make intercepts were Buffon and Osvaldo. I struggle to see anything in there, and having watched the game, as to what made him anywhere remotely near MOM.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
That's fine, but he was no where near MOM. He was hardly in the match. Everyone has their favourites.

He had the lowest passing percentage of the non-forwards and was content in fouling every time he was beaten/out-muscled, giving away four fouls. He attempted a single long ball which failed, so even though he was only trying short passes, he failed to find his team-mate the most often, bar the forwards who are in the most difficult area of the pitch. He made zero attempts on goal. He did make four tackles, the second best after Asamoah, and zero intercepts, even Pirlo made 4. The only other players not to make intercepts were Buffon and Osvaldo. I struggle to see anything in there, and having watched the game, as to what made him anywhere remotely near MOM.
Read Linebreak's tactical breakdown? Not even once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)