[Europa League] Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 JUVENTUS (April 3rd 2014) (2 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Ogbonna

• Isla

• Marchisio

• Pogba

• Pirlo

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Osvaldo

• Mirko

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Its obvious now that the 3-5-2 just doesn't work in Europe. It may work in Italy where there's more defending and more like a chess match, but in CL/EL theres just too much going on for us to be using such a defensive formation.

When we were in the CL, arguably, our best performances were against Real Madrid when we were using a 4-3-3.

Against Galatasaray and Copehagen we used the 3-5-2 and we sucked so bad.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Buffon 7 Although he saved the shots that were going our anyway

Caceres 6
Bonucci 5.5 didnt need to be brilliant in order to block Lyon but he wasted many balls in the 1st half
Chiellini 6

Isla 5 Did nothing
Pogba 5.5 his 1st half want good but made 2 great passes in the 2nd half
Pirlo 5.5 not exactly to be blamed as we know that Pirlo is silent when being man marked
Marchisio 5 Was he on the field
Asamoah 5 I expected a lot more from him but to be honest I dont think we are using his best attributes on the left
Tevez 5 wasnt his best performance. looked tired
Osvaldo 4 The only reason he is playing is to save cash by not buying a forward

Giovinco 7.5 I expected him to change the game but he still did it better than I expected
Vucinic 6.5 was ok, was mobile even if he missed a chance he should have buried
Lichtsteiner 6 Didnt notice him I guess that a 6 is fair..

- - - Updated - - -

Its obvious now that the 3-5-2 just doesn't work in Europe. It may work in Italy where there's more defending and more like a chess match, but in CL/EL theres just too much going on for us to be using such a defensive formation.

When we were in the CL, arguably, our best performances were against Real Madrid when we were using a 4-3-3.

I think the approach and the right players for a formation make the difference
We could see a team use 4-4-2 4-3-3 3-5-2 4-5-1 and all the formations could win a team the league/CL.. the thing is which players they have in their disposal and use their characteristics in the right way.
a 3-5-2 currently suits us
4-3-3 could also suit us but We better buy some natural wingers for this formation..
We could also play 4-4-2 but it would be stupid as we dont have a proper RM and LM while our center mid is strong so it would be wasted with just 2 in the middle..

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
in terms of Europe, this bunch of players has reached the glass ceiling.

How are we supposed to attract fans in the long term with a playing style like that? I know I'd shut the TV off if I was a neutral.
I agree with most the points you made.
There's no doubt we are not going to be attracting fans from around Europe any time soon.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Commentators literally piss themselves laughing at us. Making jokes and everything. There's boring football... Then there's us

The spine of our team is world class. You would never guess that following us outside of Italy

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
352 works against any team that doesnt have wingers that run 0-100 meters under 11 seconds.
Galasataray and Copenhagen were games when we got many chances and scored few, llorente wasent there yet, and individual blunders from the defence cost us points. thats now like half a year ago
Against real madrid, we simply harcountered their buildup. It was offcourse not a 433, but a 4321 with tevez and marchisio going wider to block the fullback or the holding midfielders depending on the situation, in possession it became a 4312.
its hilarious to claim a formation doesnt work, when a tired team that hasent properly rested for months due to injuries, plays every 3 days (or less), missing its best and most energetic midfielder and by far best defender, in an away game we in the end won and never looked like conceding wich is what italian teams aim to do in the first place.

But hey, it has to be the 352. Fucking formation. Fucking trophee's and records its breaking. I hate success !

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Dont know about it
I expect us to demolish Lyon at home.. so we would go through regardless

BTW my country`s commentators know nothing about football!
They talked about our lead being 14 and now 8 while the truth is Roma always had one game in hand so the 14 wasnt really a 14 it was more like 11
It is just normal that another top italian team get more points than us in 1 week out of 38... after all we cant win all 38 games...
:lol: look at this guy.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
352 works against any team that doesnt have wingers that run 0-100 meters under 11 seconds.
Galasataray and Copenhagen were games when we got many chances and scored few, llorente wasent there yet, and individual blunders from the defence cost us points. thats now like half a year ago
Against real madrid, we simply harcountered their buildup. It was offcourse not a 433, but a 4321 with tevez and marchisio going wider to block the fullback or the holding midfielders depending on the situation, in possession it became a 4312.
its hilarious to claim a formation doesnt work, when a tired team that hasent properly rested for months due to injuries, plays every 3 days (or less), missing its best and most energetic midfielder and by far best defender, in an away game we in the end won and never looked like conceding wich is what italian teams aim to do in the first place.

But hey, it has to be the 352. $#@!ing formation. $#@!ing trophee's and records its breaking. I hate success !
Just shut up bro, shut the hell up.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013

But hey, it has to be the 352. $#@!ing formation. $#@!ing trophee's and records its breaking. I hate success !
can't believe you still are defending the 352. we could have won the serie a easily with a 611 to be honest. you have to realise that Europe is not as slow paces as serie a and teams in Europe won't allow that. today we came against a team full of a mixture of padoins peluso and some 19-20 year old kids and we did not manage to dominate them. this is juventus not inter.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Just shut up bro, shut the hell up.
I will not shut up.

And now that we won against Lyon, i expect us to counter them again at home, without taking any offensive risk. We are 0-1 up.

- - - Updated - - -

can't believe you still are defending the 352. we could have won the serie a easily with a 611 to be honest. you have to realise that Europe is not as slow paces as serie a and teams in Europe won't allow that. today we came against a team full of a mixture of padoins peluso and some 19-20 year old kids and we did not manage to dominate them. this is juventus not inter.
Juventus has never gone out to domminate teams in away games. If you were born before lippi was our coach, you would remember.

Juventus has a few things holding it back at the moment. Quite a few. But you simply blame everything on the formation. How narrow minded is that

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
We had a very good crowd tonight. Actually Torino is only 233 kilometers away from Lyon. Good matchup for our ultras geographically.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Lyon are not a good side... Why cant we win 2-0 3-0 against them at home?! I see no reason why we cant do it
I actually quite surprised we didnt play better and didnt create more tonight as we are definitely capable and even expected to do much more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)