[Europa League] Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 JUVENTUS (April 3rd 2014) (5 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Ogbonna

• Isla

• Marchisio

• Pogba

• Pirlo

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Osvaldo

• Mirko

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Very poor game. It's getting worse and worse. That's why I laughed when people claimed we have a better team than Atletico.

Osvaldo is so useless and Isla too. Playing with Bonucci and 3 man defense is like playing with 10 man overall. I hope after the season there's some good mercato to shake things up in the starting 11 and possible switching to back 4. It's so hard to watch this team we were lucky to win this one.
I actually enjoyed the game after Giovinco and Vuci were on the pitch.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I can't remember how many times we have said, terrible performance with a great result. We all saw how in the weekend with that same performance how we got ourselves handled by Napoli. This is exactly why many people still think that the race for the league title is still on. When luck does not go your way the result will not come with such a pathetic performance. The subs gave us a slight advantage, upped the game for something like 5 to 10 minutes but it was not enough, it only took a clumsy moment from the Lyon defenders that we took this great advantage, it was not due to the energy that the subs have added to the game. To be honest, I don't think anything will change, after every match I hope and wish we would approach games in a different fashion, like we did during Conte's first season and then I get disappointed again.

Buffon 7

Caceres 6.5
Bonucci 6.5
Chiellini 6.5

Isla 5.5
Pogba 6
Pirlo 6
Marchisio 5
Asamoah 5.5

Tevez 6
Osvaldo 4

Giovinco 6.5
Vucinic 6.5
Lichtsteiner N.R

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Bonucci is the man. His long balls were nothing short of terrible, but that goal was just so crucial.
Dont know about it
I expect us to demolish Lyon at home.. so we would go through regardless

BTW my country`s commentators know nothing about football!
They talked about our lead being 14 and now 8 while the truth is Roma always had one game in hand so the 14 wasnt really a 14 it was more like 11
It is just normal that another top italian team get more points than us in 1 week out of 38... after all we cant win all 38 games...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
A predictably terrible performance but fantastic result.

But I can't see us making the final of this competition if we play like this against teams like Benfica or Porto. We will get found out. Too slow, predictable and sterile.

The one positive that came out of this game is the performances of Giovinco and Vucinic. They looked lively and at least tried to make things happen.

Hopefully we finish the job next in Turin and see a much improved performance.

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Though it doesn't justify his terrible performances, atleast an excuse can be made for Osvaldo saying he hasn't been in the team that long and hasn't had time to adapt. But Isla?? No excuse at this point. Has had a good 60 minutes (if that) in the past year and a half at Juve.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Just caught the second half but from what I could tell, vucinic and especially gio are players we need to make more of use of when closing this season. Both very hungry and both can give the team that attacking spark we've been missing recently.

As for grinding out results. I think people should remember the days when just winning seemed like the hardest thing in the world. That was almost 3 years ago. Yes, we have room for improvement but I'm very proud of this team for consistently grinding out crucial results.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Regardless if we win the tie, and eventually go on to win the competition, in terms of Europe, this bunch of players has reached the glass ceiling.

It was another listless Juve European performance, we are so pedestrian and slow it's heartbreaking to watch, that was essentially Lyon's B side and although Garde tactically set them up very well, we made them look like a very good side.

This group of players will not achieve anything in the CL next season, we can stroll to a 4th Scudetto no problem, but we don't face any challenges in the league, just stream roll over teams ala Capello era.

How are we supposed to attract fans in the long term with a playing style like that? I know I'd shut the TV off if I was a neutral.

When Giovinco is probably your best player on the pitch, you know you got problems.

Isla and Asa were very good too in fairness.
TBF if we win the EL on penalties after a stale 0-0 draw with zero shots on goal, I'd still be absolutely loving it.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I can't remember how many times we have said, terrible performance with a great result. We all saw how in the weekend with that same performance how we got ourselves handled by Napoli. This is exactly why many people still think that the race for the league title is still on. When luck does not go your way the result will not come with such a pathetic performance. The subs gave us a slight advantage, upped the game for something like 5 to 10 minutes but it was not enough, it only took a clumsy moment from the Lyon defenders that we took this great advantage, it was not due to the energy that the subs have added to the game. To be honest, I don't think anything will change, after every match I hope and wish we would approach games in a different fashion, like we did during Conte's first season and then I get disappointed again.

Buffon 7

Caceres 6.5
Bonucci 6.5
Chiellini 6.5

Isla 5.5
Pogba 6
Pirlo 6
Marchisio 5
Asamoah 5.5

Tevez 6
Osvaldo 4

Giovinco 6.5
Vucinic 6.5
Lichtsteiner N.R
I agree in total.Thats why I think that we dont win the tittle yet whoewer whatever think,I dont care.We are awfull.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Just caught the second half but from what I could tell, vucinic and especially gio are players we need to make more of use of when closing this season. Both very hungry and both can give the team that attacking spark we've been missing recently.

As for grinding out results. I think people should remember the days when just winning seemed like the hardest thing in the world. That was almost 3 years ago. Yes, we have room for improvement but I'm very proud of this team for consistently grinding out crucial results.
:agree:

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Though it doesn't justify his terrible performances, atleast an excuse can be made for Osvaldo saying he hasn't been in the team that long and hasn't had time to adapt. But Isla?? No excuse at this point. Has had a good 60 minutes (if that) in the past year and a half at Juve.
stop defending Osvaldo

praise giovinco

isla needs to fuck off along side this 352

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)