[Europa League] Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 JUVENTUS (April 3rd 2014) (6 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Ogbonna

• Isla

• Marchisio

• Pogba

• Pirlo

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Osvaldo

• Mirko

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Regardless if we win the tie, and eventually go on to win the competition, in terms of Europe, this bunch of players has reached the glass ceiling.

It was another listless Juve European performance, we are so pedestrian and slow it's heartbreaking to watch, that was essentially Lyon's B side and although Garde tactically set them up very well, we made them look like a very good side.

This group of players will not achieve anything in the CL next season, we can stroll to a 4th Scudetto no problem, but we don't face any challenges in the league, just stream roll over teams ala Capello era.

How are we supposed to attract fans in the long term with a playing style like that? I know I'd shut the TV off if I was a neutral.

When Giovinco is probably your best player on the pitch, you know you got problems.

Isla and Asa were very good too in fairness.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Regardless if we win the tie, and eventually go on to win the competition, in terms of Europe, this bunch of players has reached the glass ceiling.

It was another listless Juve European performance, we are so pedestrian and slow it's heartbreaking to watch, that was essentially Lyon's B side and although Garde tactically set them up very well, we made them look like a very good side.

This group of players will not achieve anything in the CL next season, we can stroll to a 4th Scudetto no problem, but we don't face any challenges in the league, just stream roll over teams ala Capello era.

How are we supposed to attract fans in the long term with a playing style like that? I know I'd shut the TV off if I was a neutral.

When Giovinco is probably your best player on the pitch, you know you got problems.

Isla and Asa were very good too in fairness.
For too long we've been playing like stoke. I'm fkn delighted we won but yet again we're griiiiiinding out results against teams we should be overpowering
Agree.

Great important win,
but common we looked bad,and weak there.
against this Lyon we should score at least 3 ffs.

at least we won,Gio MOM.

Forza Juve!!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Fantastic tactics by Conte, forcing Lyon to mark Pirlo but employing Bonucci as a playmaker/false 9. Lulled them into a false sense of security and then Bonucci struck like a cobra
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Really glad we won. Bitches who thought we would nail them 3-0 got good sense of humor. I think those people would also expect 3-0 if we played United. And we ain't no Bayern... We're lacking that experience in Europe and it is clearly visible. This EL campaign could really benefit us a lot. Same as it did in 1995. Also wanna see some more of Gio and Mirko.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I just cant understand Conte what the fuck he put Osvaldo instead of Vucinic.I just cant understand????????So fucking stubborn.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
We were a different team in the 2nd half especially after Vucinic and Gio came on. Both were mobile forwards and this really changed things in terms of our offensive play. When I see Giovinco play like that, I always wonder if he is being played out of position or what kind of a player he could be with more consistency.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
This is the kind of games you have to put Giovinco in
I failed to understand why Conte didnt put him on the field earlier but I was happy to see that he got the sense to do it later on...
These kind of games show what we really need! that fast dangerous players that create trouble for the opposition

The best signings we could make are players like Cuadrado Di Maria Aguero
Players with great technique and dribbling skills who know how cut into the area but also could move out wide (Aguero might be a more central one but I dont see any reason why he couldnt do so if needed)
Players with those qualities would take us to the next level

As for today all of our players played a crappy game including Bonucci who scored
The only one who played well was Giovinco

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Bonucci is the man. His long balls were nothing short of terrible, but that goal was just so crucial.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Very poor game. It's getting worse and worse. That's why I laughed when people claimed we have a better team than Atletico.

Osvaldo is so useless and Isla too. Playing with Bonucci and 3 man defense is like playing with 10 man overall. I hope after the season there's some good mercato to shake things up in the starting 11 and possible switching to back 4. It's so hard to watch this team we were lucky to win this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)