[Europa League] JUVENTUS 3-1 Fulham (Mar. 11th 2010) (7 Viewers)

2010-03-11 Juve-Fulham Man of the Match

• Manninger

• Zebina

• Legrottaglie

• Cannavaro

• Grosso

• Salihamidzic

• Poulsen

• Marchisio

• Candreva

• Diego

• Trezeguet

• Camoranesi

• Iaquinta

• Sissoko

• Zaccheroni

Results are only viewable after voting.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
poulsens strength is one touch passes and saying this is "mediocre" or not good, does really undervalue that .... if any player could play that decent one-touch passes the other team would have hardly a chance to ever see the ball, because it is rotated so fast ... but this skill can only be used when the others actually run and thats whats happening here ...

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Calm passer, to put it better. We did need calmness in midfield after what Melo and Sissoko have been doing to us this season :)

Btw, isn't it sad to see how little this team needed to have a completely different season? When someone who's widely considered an average coach could make this team play football and organize it so well, one can only wonder where would have we been this year if those idiots in the board splashed money on a top coach.
i donno man, it ain't only ciro's fault...our weakness is still the defence, even if zebina scored...just pronouncing his name after all these years makes me wonder how on earth Juventus didn't found a guy to replace him (the same thought comes when i see grygera too) ..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Do you guys feel safe when Marchisio has the ball? I always feel nervous when Sissoko has the ball, I have the same nervousness when Melo and Camo have the ball because you can never know what will those two try. But when Marchisio has the ball it feels so safe.
I know what you mean. Less so for Camo, both he and Melo can pass perfectly when they keep it simple but try difficult moves, Momo is just terrible at times.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
The discussion wasn't about anybody else besides Poulsen. And he's not a very good passer.

But he still deserves praise today for putting in defensive work and keeping it simple. And calm, as Alen said.
Fair enough, but I'm guessing when Alen named him as a good passer he had our other midfielders in mind to compare with, and not the likes of say.. Xavi.

Anyway, we understand eachother it seems.

May 4, 2004
Poulsen was one of the best!. Made one bad pas after 2 min, and from that on, he was spot on all game! Canna, Diego, Candreva, Marchisio, Zebina also very good game! Well the team played as a TEAM!.. The first half was superb.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Anyone who thinks it's going to be this easy next week is mistaken. Fulham are dangerous at home and they were missing one of their most influential players tonight. With Chiellini and Legro absent we're going to have our work cut out for us.
Why is Chiellini missing next week? And I totally agree, the encounter is very far from being decided.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just because he doesn't play brilliant thru balls and cross field passes doesn't mean he is a bad passer. The short passing game is very important for a DM even if it is just to maintain possession instead of building an attack.
But connecting on simple passes doesn't make him a great passer. Earlier in the season he was trying more difficult balls and he couldn't pull them off... because he isn't a quality passer.

Keeping it simple makes him a smart DM doing his job.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Great win, that away goal was nulified with our third.
Meh.

If we were to concede an early goal there, I expect a real shakey performance and wouldn't be surprised to see us choke. It's still a bit difference from 2-0 imo.

Anyway, that's just hypothetically spoken, I don't expect us to give this away to a side like Fulham.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
For people saying that Poulsen is not a good passer, by keeping it simple doesn't mean it's bad. In fact, our midfield today was more organized and comfortable with him.

On the game, it was nice to see us scoring 3 goals in 1 match. It has been a long time. Though I believe we'll see a different Fulham at Craven Cottage.

MOM Cannavaro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)