[Europa League] JUVENTUS 3-1 Fulham (Mar. 11th 2010) (8 Viewers)

2010-03-11 Juve-Fulham Man of the Match

• Manninger

• Zebina

• Legrottaglie

• Cannavaro

• Grosso

• Salihamidzic

• Poulsen

• Marchisio

• Candreva

• Diego

• Trezeguet

• Camoranesi

• Iaquinta

• Sissoko

• Zaccheroni

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Impressive performance. People who say Fulham were poor are correct, but then have a look at our closing down all game and you will see why. That is what you need to win matches, effort. The quality takes care of itself after that.

I thought Cannavaro and Marchisio were the two best players, but there were several good performances. I think we can score at Craven Cottage, at least from a set piece. Shame about the flukey away goal, but it that was their best chance we did something right.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
icεmαή;2386562 said:
He is better than Sissoko. He does suck when he tries to put in long passes along the ground (or through the air for that matter). What he did today was to collect the ball and pass it along to Candreva or Diego. He did it very well to be honest and was one of the reasons our midfield looked very composed in the first half. He didn't try fancy dribbles or the long ball bullshit. Sissoko came on and immediately lost the ball trying to dribble past opponents in our own half when he had a free player 5 yards away.
And that's what Poulsen is very good at, getting the ball and making simple passes to more talented players. Sissoko is a poor passer of the ball.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Poulsen a good passer? :howler:

His passes can't be any more simple and he's no way good about it.
You do realise who the other midfielders we have are, right?

Atleast Poulsen does his job and keeps it simple, but he does that well, that's all he has to do. I don't see what's wrong with that.

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #309
    Do you guys feel safe when Marchisio has the ball? I always feel nervous when Sissoko has the ball, I have the same nervousness when Melo and Camo have the ball because you can never know what will those two try. But when Marchisio has the ball it feels so safe.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    You do realise who the other midfielders we have are, right?

Atleast Poulsen does his job and keeps it simple, but he does that well, that's all he has to do. I don't see what's wrong with that.
    The discussion wasn't about anybody else besides Poulsen. And he's not a very good passer.

But he still deserves praise today for putting in defensive work and keeping it simple. And calm, as Alen said.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
    Nov 25, 2006
    what the hell will be our CB pairing next game? cuz giorgio won't be back.

i imagine that means either grygera or zebina next to canna at CB next week :scared:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
    I only managed to watch the first half, and we looked, at times, amazingly improved in terms of ball possession and offensive thrust. Indeed Fulham were playing counter attack, so we expected to see a lot of the ball, but we look lively, much livelier in fact than I have seen us for a long time...Good result.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    Do you guys feel safe when Marchisio has the ball? I always feel nervous when Sissoko has the ball, I have the same nervousness when Melo and Camo have the ball because you can never know what will those two try. But when Marchisio has the ball it feels so safe.
    It's like when you look in his eyes and you know everything'll be ok :agree:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Anyone who thinks it's going to be this easy next week is mistaken. Fulham are dangerous at home and they were missing one of their most influential players tonight. With Chiellini and Legro absent we're going to have our work cut out for us.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    If Poulsen is a "very good" passer of the ball in world football today, then I am Gaetano Scirea.

A "very good" passer in midfield would be the likes of Xabi, D'Agostino, et cetera. Poulsen makes good passes here and there but it's nothing special.
    Just because he doesn't play brilliant thru balls and cross field passes doesn't mean he is a bad passer. The short passing game is very important for a DM even if it is just to maintain possession instead of building an attack.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    If Poulsen is a "very good" passer of the ball in world football today, then I am Gaetano Scirea.

A "very good" passer in midfield would be the likes of Xabi, D'Agostino, et cetera. Poulsen makes good passes here and there but it's nothing special.
    Maybe not a skilled passer but at least he keeps his passes simple and as much as possible error free.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    He's a neat player. Doesn't try anything he knows he can't pull off. I liked how he hooked up with Diego a few times during the match, including that last Diego shot where Marchisio put in a nice through ball.

An efficient player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)