[Europa League] JUVENTUS 3-1 Fulham (Mar. 11th 2010) (5 Viewers)

2010-03-11 Juve-Fulham Man of the Match

• Manninger

• Zebina

• Legrottaglie

• Cannavaro

• Grosso

• Salihamidzic

• Poulsen

• Marchisio

• Candreva

• Diego

• Trezeguet

• Camoranesi

• Iaquinta

• Sissoko

• Zaccheroni

Results are only viewable after voting.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
It seems that this formation is working well for us, though Fulham was also poor today. I especially like having all 3 of Camo,Diego and Candreva playing at the same time even if it isn't 4-2-3-1. Hopefully we'll keep on playing like this, even if it means keeping DP on the bench.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
Man of the match poll with Manninger, Zebina, Legrottaglie, Cannavaro, Poulsen, Marchisio, Candreva and Trezeguet. Or just everyone, whatever. I'd like to give my vote to Candreva.

Quite weird that Diego was quiet tonight.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
GREAT WIN!!

Not the best 2nd half,but got the job done,and finally we put some results together!

Forza Juve!!!!!

Boksic

May 11, 2005
It seems that this formation is working well for us, though Fulham was also poor today. I especially like having all 3 of Camo,Diego and Candreva playing at the same time even if it isn't 4-2-3-1. Hopefully we'll keep on playing like this, even if it means keeping DP on the bench.
We made Fulham poor.

Cannavaro and Legro were outstanding at frustrating Zamora and cutting out everything that cam in the box. Plus our work off the ball was superb, brilliant closing down and pressurising them.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That is debatable, he was at Sevilla and with the NT but his Juve form has never shown it.
If Poulsen is a "very good" passer of the ball in world football today, then I am Gaetano Scirea.

A "very good" passer in midfield would be the likes of Xabi, D'Agostino, et cetera. Poulsen makes good passes here and there but it's nothing special.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Poulsen isn't a good passer of the ball. But he did what he needed to do today.
He is better than Sissoko. He does suck when he tries to put in long passes along the ground (or through the air for that matter). What he did today was to collect the ball and pass it along to Candreva or Diego. He did it very well to be honest and was one of the reasons our midfield looked very composed in the first half. He didn't try fancy dribbles or the long ball bullshit. Sissoko came on and immediately lost the ball trying to dribble past opponents in our own half when he had a free player 5 yards away.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm satisfied with that. Thought we played really well in the first half hour. Fulham got a stroke of luck and it looked it might deflate us but we showed good resolve to get the next goal. I fully expect people to bitch about the amount of possession we allowed them in the second half and I can understand why but we stood firm. Pretty much all of our players gave a decent account of themselves. I'm liking the balance of the team with Diego, Candreva and Marchisio playing at the same time and we're only going to get better when Camoranesi and Iaquinta are fully fit. Tough choice for man of the match between Trezeguet, Legrottaglie and Zebina. Manninger deserves a mention too.

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #298
    Poulsen isn't a good passer of the ball. But he did what he needed to do today.
    Calm passer, to put it better. We did need calmness in midfield after what Melo and Sissoko have been doing to us this season :)

Btw, isn't it sad to see how little this team needed to have a completely different season? When someone who's widely considered an average coach could make this team play football and organize it so well, one can only wonder where would have we been this year if those idiots in the board splashed money on a top coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)