[Europa League] JUVENTUS 1-1 fiorentina (March 13th 2014) (42 Viewers)

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I knew this thread will be gold when I wake up :lol:

Once You say that we have great depth, that Caceres will replace Barzagli soon and Ogbonna is better than Bonucci. Everybody hails Pirlo and after a bad game his useless.

In fact, bad performances have to happen sometimes. I can't wait till the second leg, which I hope we'll win, and to see you all change your attitude.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
The sooner you realize the difference between OPTING to play like the way we did in the second half and knowing only to play the way we did the better. It is not some fundamental flaw with the team or manager. The only time this has cost us this season was today and Verona. Its hard to play like the way we did during the first half while playing a match every 3 days. The Fiorentina scenario can be replayed another 100 times and they won't be able to score 4 and you can't blame strategy for the result on that pitch in Istanbul.

Stop being ungrateful little glory hunter and appreciate what this team and conte have done as we are having the best domestic season in our history and might still win the EL.
The thing is why the hell according to you we OPT to play like shit like we played against Fiorentina last night.Other big teams dont have matches every 3 days,eh?And we would not get the Europa League this year even we pass the rats (which is very doubtful).

- - - Updated - - -

Conte just doesn't care for anything other than Serie A. His team selections, tactics and instructions to his players are pretty damning.
I am thinkking the same .This is exactly the reason.He wants to make a record in Serie A and thats it.After that he will sell himself .

- - - Updated - - -

I knew this thread will be gold when I wake up :lol:

Once You say that we have great depth, that Caceres will replace Barzagli soon and Ogbonna is better than Bonucci. Everybody hails Pirlo and after a bad game his useless.

In fact, bad performances have to happen sometimes. I can't wait till the second leg, which I hope we'll win, and to see you all change your attitude.
Yes bad perfomances could happen.The thing is that we have an aproach(bad one) which leads to that perfomances.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Ah the usual knee jerk reaction following b a (perceived) bad result....God I missed this place.

Conte would not in a million years have asked the players to sit back and invite Fiorentina pressure,its simply a combination of fatigue,a highly motivated opponent and squad players who are not up to the task of keeping the required intensity for 90 minutes (hence them being squad players and not first team regulars)

We have enough of a cushion in the league that I expect Cobte to rest one or two in preperation for the return leg and then hit them hard next week

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
So.. after a night of sleep (a bit).. here is my view on the match:

A lot of people saw what was going on.. Fiorentina had grinta and played like monsters against us, where we thought about how we were going to celebrate the 1-0 win...

Our team obviously has a tactic that is a bit like being lazy... If we would play 8 matches vs Fiorentina.. we would play badly the first 7 and try to go all out in the 8th match... we are the procrastinators of Europe... Just compare us to real madrid and you know what i mean... They went all out against Schalke... AWAY!!! And look what happened... with a fucking amazing first XI they won 1-6... we would go for the draw so we could win it in the second match at home... but guess what... we play at home in the first match and still try to win it at the last minutes... just like we did against gala in the CL

Conte should revert his tactics... Go all out in the first match of the two.. that way, when you win 4-0 or something like that.. you can rest one or two players in the second match... players should EARN their rest because they are clearly being lazy

One guy on this forum said something spot on... Pirlo isn't capable of playing in this type of match... so we were playing with 10 men...
Pirlo was fucking briliant in his first season with us... and that was, exactly like someone said, because we outclassed our opponents with a 70% possession... tonight we had 40%!!!! ON OUR OWN FUCKING PITCH!!! and to make things worse..... fiorentina weren't playing their best XI... something every single one of us thought they would do... if they did, we would have lost...

Another interesting fact: when we aren't playing for possession.. we aren't capable of getting the ball to our strikers...
Osvaldo was on for 75 minutes... he touched the ball a staggering 16 times.. So minus Osvaldo and minus Pirlo.. we were playing with 9 men.. just fucking great against Fiorentina.. at home..

If Fiorentina kick us out of the EL, we'll never hear the end of it.... get our shit together Conte... At home they WILL play with their best XI..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I really find it sad that people give an excuse to that abysmal result by saying that Fiorentina were hungrier and had more will to win. They had a much inferior squad and they looked hungrier and with a more will to win only because we invited them to do so by sitting back and becoming more and more comfortable by the minute.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
And that is exactly why i call us the procrastinators of europe... if we wouldn't lay back and attack the shit out of that inferior team we would've won 3-0 at least (look at the first 20 minutes... if that lasted for 80 we surely would score another goal or two... )

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Put simply our game needs pressing from the front for the high tempo game to work, Giovinco and Osvaldo are not good enough

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Put simply our game needs pressing from the front for the high tempo game to work, Giovinco and Osvaldo are not good enough
They don't have to do the pressing if the mids do the work. When Marchisio stops playing from minute 15 and Pirlo doesn't give a rat's ass about the game, it is that much Vidal and Asamoah can do.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
They don't have to do the pressing if the mids do the work. When Marchisio stops playing from minute 15 and Pirlo doesn't give a rat's ass about the game, it is that much Vidal and Asamoah can do.
Tevez works hard and never gives the opponents a moment's rest, I would even prefer Vucinic up front in that game with his movement and ability to hold the ball up allowing the midfield runners to go beyond... I have seen nothing really from Osvaldo so far to suggest he should be kept

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Tevez works hard and never gives the opponents a moment's rest, I would even prefer Vucinic up front in that game with his movement and ability to hold the ball up allowing the midfield runners to go beyond... I have seen nothing really from Osvaldo so far to suggest he should be kept
I was never with getting Osvaldo at all to begin with and I think my opinion on Giovinco is well known but to blame the forwards for what happened last night is just a tiny part of the entire reason.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I was never with getting Osvaldo at all to begin with and I think my opinion on Giovinco is well known but to blame the forwards for what happened last night is just a tiny part of the entire reason.
It's not just the forwards but the midfield will not have the confidence to push forward if the forwards aren't good enough to link the play or turn the opposition defence.

Also think the back three looked lob sided with three lefties in there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)