[Europa League] JUVENTUS 1-1 fiorentina (March 13th 2014) (35 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
OMG, relax people. I'm sure we're capable of a scoring draw away to these rats, let's not fear them and give them more importance than they are worth. They ain't Bayern.

We played better than we did on Sunday, but didn't win. That's football.
We might qualify next Thursday, but it's a matter of time when we'll do the same mistake again, and sooner or later we'll be eliminated the way we were in CL by an inferior team. The complains are about our coach and players not learning from their mistakes.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Fiorentina also started without Gomez, Vargas and Cuadrado. Montella actually rested more starters than we did and they have even less to play for in serie A because their place in Europe is secure with the qualification for the Coppa final vs Napoli.

EL is being underestimated again by the Italians. We both played the best in the serie A match (which was fine for us since it was important for the scudetto), but once EL came, both teams start rotating. It will be brutal if the best available play against Genoa on Sunday, just to see some benchers in the return leg.
I agree if we really underestimate the Europa League.But if that is a fact why we simply dont lose to Trabzon and save the team,dedicated fans and public from this embarassment.

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
Tell that to Conte.
Taking off a tired striker and replacing him with a midfielder with 10-15 mins to go is a perfectly valid move. Conte deploys these tactics coz he can. He can ask the team to sit back after taking the lead because he has the luxury to do so. We conceded in the last minute against Verona because of this and we're still 14 points clear.

Next week we do not have this luxury so we'll see him being more aggressive.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Taking off a tired striker and replacing him with a midfielder with 10-15 mins to go is a perfectly valid move. Conte deploys these tactics coz he can. He can ask the team to sit back after taking the lead because he has the luxury to do so. We conceded in the last minute against Verona because of this and we're still 14 points clear.

Next week we do not have this luxury so we'll see him being more aggressive.
Yeah right .Always the next game we will be better ,just little time to pass.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
I turn on Juventus games full of energy and excitement. About 60 minutes in I am usually frustrated, bored and half asleep.

Very good goal from Gomez. Chiellini was in beast mode tonight. Not a lot else to note.

Don't know when they will learn, once you switch off and defend a lead it's almost impossible to move up a few gears if you concede. It was painfully obvious we wouldn't be able to push for a goal after they equalised.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Seating back while leading is not a big problem if you can play counters. But we don't play those at all. We don't have a clue how to play them. That's why Conte is giving the opponents a really nice 50% chance to get something from the match when he tells his players to defend and wait for a counter.
It's laughable really, i have said this before we have went backwards since Conte's first year in charge. The 11/12 season was a disaster in terms of performances and playing style i really thought Conte would revert to the 4-3-3 that made us so good from the beginning. We used to control games and i remember the team used to come out fighting in the 2nd half refreshed and with an all or nothing attitude.

We can play a defensive game but the only way that wins u games is if u have a counter attack to punish the opposition for getting to greedy by playing to many players up the pitch, Fiorentina can attack us all game long and still wont concede a goal from a counter attack.

I wouldn't mind this approach is we were geared towards it

If we had a proper holding midfielder in place of Pirlo, 2 dynamic, energetic Wingers and maybe another CB who was very comfortable on the ball then it could work

Right now we're trying to force our team to do something that they simply can not. And that is bad management.
Pirlo is a huge liability when we go to ultra defensive mode, he does not suit that type of game plan at all. I mean if we had a counter attack it could some what work because he does have eagle vision when it comes to setting up a counter and his pass is always perfect when he delivers it.

So.. to sum up this game:

Lets hope we change our Euromentality and destroy them at the away game.
That gif suits Conte and this match so much lol.

We might qualify next Thursday, but it's a matter of time when we'll do the same mistake again, and sooner or later we'll be eliminated the way we were in CL by an inferior team. The complains are about our coach and players not learning from their mistakes.
Like Copenhagen and Gala, it all went wrong for us. To go out of the CL to a shit team managed by mancini who couldn't even get Man City out of the group stages twice really sums Conte up imo.

Stubborn lack of tactical awareness, only knows one way how to play and fails to react to situations u and i could deal with. He says we have no wingers to play 4-3-3 so why spend 15 million Ogbonna when we have good defenders already? He has 3 right backs in Lich, Caceres and Isla and yet no right winger......

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
If we qualify next Thursday, it's because Fiorentina fucks up. Not because we'd lift a finger to do better than any of our other elimination tournament matches this season.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
I turn on Juventus games full of energy and excitement. About 60 minutes in I am usually frustrated, bored and half asleep.

Very good goal from Gomez. Chiellini was in beast mode tonight. Not a lot else to note.

Don't know when they will learn, once you switch off and defend a lead it's almost impossible to move up a few gears if you concede. It was painfully obvious we wouldn't be able to push for a goal after they equalised.
haha same same same thing with me...all pumped up but later i b like why am i wasting my time...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
OMG, relax people. I'm sure we're capable of a scoring draw away to these rats, let's not fear them and give them more importance than they are worth. They ain't Bayern.

We played better than we did on Sunday, but didn't win. That's football.
That's what everyone said during the group stage. People aren't buying it again.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yep, we've seen the same mentality cost us numerous times already. The whole 'it's a one-off, we'll simply play better next time' standpoint is no longer valid.

We might go through, but we certainly won't if we score first and sit back again. I swear the better we start, the worse we finish

1-0 in seconds against Inter, lose 3-1

2-2 against Verona, smashed them. 2-2

2-0 against Fiorentina. 4-2

1-0 against Fiorentina, get pegged back for 65 minutes.

Simply put, we consistently try to settle for 1 and 2 goal leads, and it shoots us in the foot almost every single time.

It used to be a rare thing, now every 2 or 3 games the same BS is happening.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Our backups are simply not good enough, and every time OgbonNO has the ball at his feet I have a fvcking heart attack....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)