[Europa League] JUVENTUS 1-1 fiorentina (March 13th 2014) (31 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Defending a 1-0 lead at home to an injury crippled team 4 places below us in the league :lol:

This mentality is a cancer.
I remember that Juve used to do this a lot even in the great seasons in Europe. But Lippi back then had terrific defenders and players like Zidane (great passers) or players who could play a deadly counter. Conte was obviously learning from Lippi, but the man must understand that some of those things can not be implemented by this Juve he's coaching. Our defenders are error prone. With the exception of Vidal we don't have many ball winners and we surely don't have players who can play a fast counter. Yes, we're good, but not for this kind of tactics.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Can someone explain me why Conte did not field our best 11?I am stupid and can not understand.But some real explanation please..

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I would understand if we were the weaker side who's afraid by the opponent but we are much better than rats and we give them possession even at 1-1.

Imagine if we meet Barca, the possesion would be 90-10.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I wouldn't mind this approach is we were geared towards it

If we had a proper holding midfielder in place of Pirlo, 2 dynamic, energetic Wingers and maybe another CB who was very comfortable on the ball then it could work

Right now we're trying to force our team to do something that they simply can not. And that is bad management.

Paul Poker

Apr 7, 2013
So Conte doesn't see any necessity to change our approach when in the lead, even though it's clearly_not_working. Maybe new players will trigger a change, but who knows.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I would understand if we were the weaker side who's afraid by the opponent but we are much better than rats and we give them possession even at 1-1.

Imagine if we meet Barca, the possesion would be 90-10.
That posession rate will be with almost any good team in Europe,

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I remember that Juve used to do this a lot even in the great seasons in Europe. But Lippi back then had terrific defenders and players like Zidane (great passers) or players who could play a deadly counter. Conte was obviously learning from Lippi, but the man must understand that some of those things can not be implemented by this Juve he's coaching. Our defenders are error prone. With the exception of Vidal we don't have many ball winners and we surely don't have players who can play a fast counter. Yes, we're good, but not for this kind of tactics.
Yup, he really is trying to model this Juve under Lippi's one, kind of logical since he's probably his coaching idol. I've noticed this for a while, but as you've said we lack suitable players for that to work.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Because we can trash them without the best eleven, first half showed that clearly and then Conte $#@!ed up.
Trash them like in this game when we were two thirds of the game defending.And no,we werent trashing them in the first half.We trash them only in first 20 minutes.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
“It was a great game and a fine advert for Italian football in Europe. I imagine those watching enjoyed the spectacle.”

I really don't see why Conte would say something like this. No one cares about whether it was a great game or a fine advert (which it really wasn't). And none of your own side's fans enjoyed the spectacle. We sat back and ceded the vast majority of possession and territory for the last 75 minutes of the match. We played a style we have no idea how to play and don't have the pace to play, and we just didn't really seem to care as we constantly gave the ball away with poor passing and effortless runs. How does Fiorentina dominating possession for 75 minutes with a mostly toothless and poor attack equal an enjoyable spectacle?

Conte should be riled up and angry about his own poor tactics. I want to hear from him what we heard from Vidal:

“I am very bitter, as it was a bad performance.”

Instead, Conte says he preferred this to our performance on Sunday. Another terrible performance for the latter stages of the match.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Can someone explain me why Conte did not field our best 11?I am stupid and can not understand.But some real explanation please..
I liked the line-up.

Lets face it if we approached the game with the correct attitude the team should have been more than strong enough to win today.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Fiorentina also started without Gomez, Vargas and Cuadrado. Montella actually rested more starters than we did and they have even less to play for in serie A because their place in Europe is secure with the qualification for the Coppa final vs Napoli.

EL is being underestimated again by the Italians. We both played the best in the serie A match (which was fine for us since it was important for the scudetto), but once EL came, both teams start rotating. It will be brutal if the best available play against Genoa on Sunday, just to see some benchers in the return leg.

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
OMG, relax people. I'm sure we're capable of a scoring draw away to these rats, let's not fear them and give them more importance than they are worth. They ain't Bayern.

We played better than we did on Sunday, but didn't win. That's football.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I liked the line-up.

Lets face it if we approached the game with the correct attitude the team should have been more than strong enough to win today.
I dont agree,when there is no single good reason for not fielding the best 11.This game obviously showed that this 11 arent good enough to beat Fiorentina,that rats ,my most hated team.And that Ogbonna is the biggest flop .Matri almost scored when he was one on one with him and second time with with Gomez the error leads to a goal.What a player.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Fiorentina had no pace in the lineup and we were terrified of counters.

You can judge our coach's gameplan by our corner kicks. Whenever we fear counters we take short corners. It is a 100% correlation to our tactic.

Ilicic skinned Isla once and was actually the closest player on the pitch to Buffon and our whole backline caught him in a second. We know Matri is not fast either. Instead we sat back and let Valero and Pizarro dictate the game. FFS, they go to bed dreaming the other team will gift them possession.

And again, the 3-5-2 has no ability to counter. When you sit deep, it's a 5-3-2 and you have 3 CBs marking 1 striker. You're at a numerical disadvantage in midfield. Valero and Pizzaro were having a kick about. You can't win balls in dangerous areas, you can only win them in your own third. The only time we can start dangerous counters is when Vidal decides to do the work of 2 or 3 players and just runs around all over the field.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
OMG, relax people. I'm sure we're capable of a scoring draw away to these rats, let's not fear them and give them more importance than they are worth. They ain't Bayern.

We played better than we did on Sunday, but didn't win. That's football.
Tell that to Conte.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)