[Europa League] Fulham 4-1 JUVENTUS (March 18th 2010) (4 Viewers)

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
Blah... anyone think this game is not gonna affect the Genoa game?

I think we should give Camo a half and play Marchisio, Diego and Candreva a minimum...

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I am not sure about how we should play...
We're so fucked up in serie A, and we must win the next two matches against Samp and Napoli if we wanna keep our CL hopes alive...
But then who can we rest in Fulham??? :shifty:

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
I am not sure about how we should play...
We're so fucked up in serie A, and we must win the next two matches against Samp and Napoli if we wanna keep our CL hopes alive...
But then who can we rest in Fulham??? :shifty:
I know... But I think we have to secure this with muscle, so that we have our key players against Genoa.

I'd like to see this against Genoa

Zebina - Chiellini - Leggro - Grosso/DC

Camo - Marchisio - Sissoko

Diego

DP - Treze/Iaq

Or

Sissoko - Camo - Marchisip

Diego - Candreva

Iaq/Treze

I wont event mention a 4-2-3-1 cuz it is ot going to happen.

So we could play

Zebina - Chiellini - Leggro - Grosso/DC

Camo-Poulsen - Melo - Sali

Iaq - DP

Sub Camo early. Of course he'll probably play Diego, so he should play him instead of Sali and still sub him early.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Juve squad thin for Fulham
Monday 15 March, 2010
Juventus face the prospect of travelling to Fulham on Thursday without their two best goalkeepers. Injuries have also claimed much of the defence.

Gigi Buffon and Alex Manninger are both out with thigh problems, which forced Alberto Zaccheroni to hand a rare start to Antonio Chimenti on Sunday.

It didn't go well, as Juventus threw away a three-goal lead at home to Siena and were eventually held to a disappointing 3-3 draw.

Tuttosport understands Zaccheroni is unsure whether to persist with Chimenti and may try 19-year-old Carlo Pinsoglio instead.

As for the defence, Nicola Legrottaglie is suspended and has a thigh problem anyway.

Giorgio Chiellini is also unlikely to make it back in time despite a scan ruling out a muscle tear.

Zaccheroni is likely to move Jonathan Zebina into central defence alongside Fabio Cannavaro and put Zdenek Grygera at right-back.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
FUCK...I did not realize that Manninger was properly dead for this game. That makes things very different indeed. Especially with Chiellini definitely OUT????And Legro injured and suspended. If only we had Ariuado eh?

Zebina can do OK in the middle, but he is hardly match sharp. Grygera, I hope, WILL NOT do us the dishonour of two shocking games in a row.

Our defensive line is looking worse than I have ever seen it before.

CHimenti
Grygera Zebina Cannavaro Grosso/De Ceglie

Our of the two, Grosso is definitely more reliable defensively. Which isn't saying he is a great left back, or even a competent left back, just better than de ceglie...whose only advantage is pace and determination. a HUGE amount of responsiblity rests on Cannavaro's shoulders, and also the midfield, to keep possession. And to do something with possession. Because with such a flimsy defence, we cannot afford, at any cost, to sit back and try to defend our lead, because by halftime we will be 4 down, not just 2.

I will be praying that we get an away goal. As this is looking increasingly like another defeat. It will be the first true test of how well Zach has managed to revitalize the spirit in the team as a whole...Because more than ever before in his short tenure, SPirit and Discipline are needed more than anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)