[EUROPA League] Ajax 1-2 JUVENTUS (Feb. 18th 2010) (1 Viewer)

Man of the Match - MoM

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Chiellini

• Melo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
seriously are most of you blind, we clearly played 4 at the back and 3 in the middle.

Good game, good result. Zaccheroni was spot on and the formation was good.

Sal sub was perfect, it killed the match.
That was my reaction too. The first 5 minutes I thought we were playing with 3 at the back and Marchisio on the right, but then it looked very much like a 4-3-1-2.

Maybe it was a 3-5-2 with Sissoko on the right, but the practical difference would be minimal.

Bianconero90

No it was 4 in both. I was practically on the pitch :p
Right, it was 4 at the back! That was obvious, because Marchisio played in the left midfield (3-man midfield)! IF Zac wanted to play 3-4-1-2, then Marchi would have been on the right side and surely not Sissoko! And Chiellini would have been much wider out and not so central like he was..;)

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
Right, it was 4 at the back! That was obvious, because Marchisio played in the left midfield (3-man midfield)! IF Zac wanted to play 3-4-1-2, then Marchi would have been on the right side and surely not Sissoko! And Chiellini would have been much wider out and not so central like he was..;)
Bingo, thank you.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Look guys, I'm aware with how the players moved around during the game but our formation at kickoff was 3-4-1-2!

This is from the official website:

http://www.juventus.it/site/eng/NEWS_newschampionsleague_F0733AEDCAD4401E839EE56F03F9DF25.asp

Zaccheroni fielded the usual 3-4-1-2 formation with Zebina, Chiellini and Marchisio in the defensive line and Amauri and captain Del Piero as the attacking duo.
They mean Legrottaglie instead of Marchisio of course, that was a mistake. We are listed 3-4-1-2 in every match report, but I think the confusion here comes after the first Juventus goal.

On the Ajax goal you can clearly see Marchisio trying to chase the attacker on the right side of the pitch (from Juve POV). Then on the first Juve goal De Ceglie is playing virtually left wing for most of that period and provides the cross, then once we score he slots further back the pitch to more of a left back and it becomes more of a back four or transitional 4-3-1-2.

Either way, the fact that we are debating it was shown in our defensive display in that first half, we were all over the place. We played with 3 defenders on every counter attack and were getting hammered. The defenders clearly didn't know what they were supposed to be doing either.

Bianconero90

Look guys, I'm aware with how the players moved around during the game but our formation at kickoff was 3-4-1-2!

This is from the official website:

http://www.juventus.it/site/eng/NEWS_newschampionsleague_F0733AEDCAD4401E839EE56F0 3F9DF25.asp

They mean Legrottaglie instead of Marchisio of course, that was a mistake. We are listed 3-4-1-2 in every match report, but I think the confusion here comes after the first Juventus goal.

On the Ajax goal you can clearly see Marchisio trying to chase the attacker on the right side of the pitch (from Juve POV). Then on the first Juve goal De Ceglie is playing virtually left wing for most of that period and provides the cross, then once we score he slots further back the pitch to more of a left back and it becomes more of a back four or transitional 4-3-1-2.

Either way, the fact that we are debating it was shown in our defensive display in that first half, we were all over the place. We played with 3 defenders on every counter attack and were getting hammered. The defenders clearly didn't know what they were supposed to be doing either.
Did you watch the match?? Marchisio was on the left side... Who brought the ball forward on the LEFT before Amauri scored his second? Marchisio!
Like I said, Sissoko was on the right, but not on the wing!
De Ceglie played as a very offensive left back (as a fullback should do in the 4-3-1-2 formation)!

Juventus.com is wrong an its obvious here:
http://www.juventus.it/site/eng/MATCH_livematch.asp

That would mean, Marchisio played in the right midfield, which is wrong for the thousand time!!

Watch this and tell me where Marchisio is:

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Marceℓℓo;2362755 said:
My first Juve match live at the stadium and we won.Doesn't get any better.On top of that I was singing with the Juve fans in Block K:touched:
Congrats man :)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Did I watch the match? No, I'm just guessing...... I already said Marchisio moved around, you can see him in different positions, but he was generally left. I don't know why we are talking about positions in the game anyway because at times Melo was in defence and Del Piero in midfield. What I'm saying is that the intention was to line up 3-4-1-2, I agree that what happened during the game was different, although at times during Ajax attacks we had a clear back three line backing off the forwards. It made sense for Zac to line up with the same formation as the one that beat Genoa, except this time De Ceglie played further back for most of the game after Juve scored.

1 Buffon Gianluigi
15 Zebina Jonathan
33 Legrottaglie Nicola
3 Chiellini Giorgio
8 Marchisio Claudio
4 Melo Felipe
22 Sissoko Mohamed Lamine
29 De Ceglie Paolo
28 Diego
11 Amauri Carvalho
10 Del Piero Alessandro

That was the official team listing, but what happened was that Marchisio ended up playing more to the left and it left Zebina exposed, as we saw time and again, so Sissoko ended up moving the the right to cover. I totally accept that we played 4-3-1-2 for the majority of this game, but due to circumstances, and not the initial setup.

Yahoo mention:
Marchisio: 6 – Earned himself one of the daftest yellow cards you’re likely to see, but generally looked much better after switching to a natural midfield position in the second half. Wing-back is not his bag.
Mediaset:
http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calcio/articoli/articolo30070.shtml
1' - Si parte. Zaccheroni ha scelto Zebina come terzo centrale difensivo. Nemmeno in panchina Caceres. A centrocampo Marchisio preferito a destra a Salihamidzic. Camoranesi in tribuna
But anyway, it changed during the game. I've had enough of talking tactics for one game :lol:

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
4 at the back, Marchisio on the left.

Attack, Marchisio on the left, DC wide up front in crossing position.

Same here, Marchisio as a normal DM does, covering up the space DC leaves.

Attack without DC who got his brain washed at half time to stay more at his LB spot, Marchisio on the left.

4 at the back, Marchisio on the left.

Same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)