[EUROPA League] Ajax 1-2 JUVENTUS (Feb. 18th 2010) (2 Viewers)

Man of the Match - MoM

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Chiellini

• Melo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
That's why I said to Sab that on paper it's a 4 men defense but the way De Ceglie played it was a 3 men defense.
He was told to play at the back, but he was rarely there and we had a 3 men defense during every single counter. That three men defense was stretched so it allowed so much space for Ajax, especially on the right where Legro had to cover the center while Giorgio covered for DC and Zebina was all alone.

It's not the same as it is when Caceres goes forward, because Caceres has good stamina and goes back on time (although he knows to make a silly mistake there and make himself useless in defense).

Even if it should have been a 4-3-1-2 it was never a 4-3-1-2, it was a 3-4-1-2 with Sissoko on the right, Melo alone in the center and both Marchisio and PDC on the left.

Andorra85

Jul 11, 2009
If I have to choose someone to play the right wing and it is between Momo and Marchisio. I choose Marchisio. Momo's ball recovery abilities will be played down if he has to run from the wing to the center instead of the opposite.
Besides Marchisio can cross, with both legs, and Momo can't.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I'll revise what I said, Marchisio played across the midfield, he wasn't strictly on the right first half. Looking at the highlights again he was both right and left, more left. Either way it was a three man defence.
Who would play as a right wingback then ? And if zebina was our wingback who was our 3rd CB ?!

Mate its clear that we played with 3 cm/dm's in the team, both zebina and de ceglie as our fullbacks and chiellini + legro as our CB's.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I'm pretty sure Marchisio was on the right for the first bit of the game, before he started drifting. That's what JCK has been saying in the match commentary aswell, but since everybody is moaning so much about that, I'm having some doubts.

And yes SAB, I watched the game. I still don't see how it was a 4 man defense at the start though. Everything pointed towards a 3 man defense. If you field a LB as 'winger' on the left, he's obviously going to fall back quite a bit. I'm sure you've been able to make screenshots of 4 players in a line, but when Ajax were in possession I'm sure you can make alot of screenshots of Diego in between our other midfielders. Would that make it a 4-4-2 all of a sudden?

Let's say it was somewhere in between, because we'll really not go anywhere with this discussion.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Del Piero and Amauri had an incredible game. Thank you Amauri for giving us those two very important goals!

Forza Juve!

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
That's why I said to Sab that on paper it's a 4 men defense but the way De Ceglie played it was a 3 men defense.
He was told to play at the back, but he was rarely there and we had a 3 men defense during every single counter. That three men defense was stretched so it allowed so much space for Ajax, especially on the right where Legro had to cover the center while Giorgio covered for DC and Zebina was all alone.

It's not the same as it is when Caceres goes forward, because Caceres has good stamina and goes back on time (although he knows to make a silly mistake there and make himself useless in defense).

Even if it should have been a 4-3-1-2 it was never a 4-3-1-2, it was a 3-4-1-2 with Sissoko on the right, Melo alone in the center and both Marchisio and PDC on the left.
:tup:

Though if you say on paper it's a 4 man defense, what we've been playing with in previous games was a 5 man defense on paper then.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
What does it matter if we played with 3 or 4 men defense?

We were really lucky to win this game, but I take it at this point. Kudos to Amauri and Del Piero.

The way we defend counter attacks need to be changed sooner rather than later.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Who would play as a right wingback then ? And if zebina was our wingback who was our 3rd CB ?!

Mate its clear that we played with 3 cm/dm's in the team, both zebina and de ceglie as our fullbacks and chiellini + legro as our CB's.
Zebina was RCB, Sissoko or Marchisio covered him in the first half. If you watch how differently Grygera played to Zebina, and how De Ceglie played in comparison to his first half you can see a clear tactical switch to a back four, even the commentators on ESPN were saying how bad the back three was first half and how much better we looked with a back four.. Zebina was definitely not a fullback at any time! The guy barely even made it past the 18 yard box, and that was not from choice.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm pretty sure Marchisio was on the right for the first bit of the game, before he started drifting. That's what JCK has been saying in the match commentary aswell, but since everybody is moaning so much about that, I'm having some doubts.

And yes SAB, I watched the game. I still don't see how it was a 4 man defense at the start though. Everything pointed towards a 3 man defense. If you field a LB as 'winger' on the left, he's obviously going to fall back quite a bit. I'm sure you've been able to make screenshots of 4 players in a line, but when Ajax were in possession I'm sure you can make alot of screenshots of Diego in between our other midfielders. Would that make it a 4-4-2 all of a sudden?

Let's say it was somewhere in between, because we'll really not go anywhere with this discussion.
He was, look at the Ajax goal again. Agreed.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Quite frankly I don't think I've ever seen so many different views on how we played, and it's quite funny I have to say. :lol:

Let's just leave it at that. We got a really lucky win here, good result.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
What does it matter if we played with 3 or 4 men defense?

We were really lucky to win this game, but I take it at this point. Kudos to Amauri and Del Piero.

The way we defend counter attacks need to be changed sooner rather than later.
That's one of the reasons we need 4 men at the back rather than this stupid 3, Our 1st goal was bcuz that old camel zebina couldn't cover all those spaces all by himself, same goes for legrotalie and later (although partially) grygera.
Or if playing 3D is a must for Zac he should always start with caceres as his supposedly Right Winger

By the way Sissoko was pure shit tonight, totally sloppy and stupid.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Zebina was RCB, Sissoko or Marchisio covered him in the first half. If you watch how differently Grygera played to Zebina, and how De Ceglie played in comparison to his first half you can see a clear tactical switch to a back four, even the commentators on ESPN were saying how bad the back three was first half and how much better we looked with a back four.. Zebina was definitely not a fullback at any time! The guy barely even made it past the 18 yard box, and that was not from choice.
i normally would not say this about zebina, but once in his life he acted sensible ... while i can NOT understand why legro and chiellini ... the only real defenders we got go gung-ho on our own freekick, if we all know that ajax has fucking speedy players and they will never get back in time... on the counter when the ball was on the halfway line zebina was the one and only defender while with later the headless chicken running back too but doing absolutely nothing of notice ... and i don't need to repeat that a world class keeper HAS to get a ball that is shot low straight at the keeper.

this only happens, when the keeper moves out of his goal which he MUST NOT do, when there is already a defender playing against the opponent who got the ball ... it is exactly what happens... the player shoots and the goalkeeper gets caught off guard, because he was busy making steps out of the goal, instead of easily gathering the ball which is shot out of a difficult angle (out of the sight of the forward)...

That's one of the reasons we need 4 men at the back rather than this stupid 3, Our 1st goal was bcuz that old camel zebina couldn't cover all those spaces all by himself, same goes for legrotalie and later (although partially) grygera.
Or if playing 3D is a must for Zac he should always start with caceres.
do you understand football .... i am asking a sincere question here. do you understand football ? do you know the difference between a centre back and a full back ?

so how can a back for with two full backs (who are by definition allowed to roam forward when we attack) better defend against counter attacks, than a back three (all centre backs) where NOBODY is allowed to roam forward ?

there are no two ways about it. it was a tactical mistakes by the players and i largely blame chiellini and legro for that. zebina was wise enough to stay back, but if both chiellini and legro go forward for a freekick, they HAVE TO assign team mates (mostly smaller ones) that take their place in the defense... but they obviously did not assign anyone and let zebina alone without telling a teammate to replace them while the freekick is executed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)