Euro2004 Stars: FLASH or TRASH ?? (3 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Hey I'm not wanting or waiting on him to fail, I hope to god he does well I really do, its just he hasn't really done anything brilliant for ages now and i'm struggling to see where he'll get it from.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
IIRC his last direct freekick that went in was aginst Depor like 3 years ago :undecide:
Yeah thats the timescale i was thinking of. Besides jus look at his body language, you can tell he ain't gonna thwack it in like he used to, he's lost half his power and curling ability with the dead ball

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #50
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Hey I'm not wanting or waiting on him to fail, I hope to god he does well I really do, its just he hasn't really done anything brilliant for ages now and i'm struggling to see where he'll get it from.

Well, along with Pippo I think Alex was one of the best players in the Azzurri qualification campaign. He also did well (when given the chance) against Mexico in the WC2002. Alex also did extremely well at the start of the season with Juve. I don't think he has 'lost' it, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    Great Thread...

FLASH

1. Michael Ballack (Germany)

2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)

3. Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Holland)

4. Marat Izmailov (Russia)

5. Gianluca Zambrotta (Italy)

6. Fransesco Totti (Italy)

7. Jon Dahl Tomasson (Denmark)

TRASH

1, 2, 3... Fabien Barthez (France) - he will kill France

4. David Beckham (England)

5. Alessandro Del Piero (Italy)

6. David Trezeguet (France)

7. Marcel Desailly (France)

8. Patrick Kluivert (Holland)
    how can you consider Beckham trash,when we're talking about NT level,he's the one that always leads England to glory.i agree that Beckham is trash at club level(with Real).but IMO he's the best there is in England when it comes to NT level.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Playing against Partick Thistle and Kilmarnock is one thing and making it in the big stage is another thing. In fact, I was very eager to see Larsson ply his trade outside of the SPL, to test his abilities further. He played well in the International scene in the WC94, 02 granted, but I have a feeling the 32 year old's International comeback won't be that good due to a long season with Celtic (injuries) as well as added pressure of coming out of retirement to help the team. I might be wrong ofcourse :)
    Larsson has proved over and over again that he is a worldclass player. Like you said he was great in SouthCorea and in USA. He was injured in EURO 2000 but when he got the chance against Italy he did really well although he was suffering from his injury. DUring these tournaments he has played great against the best teams in the world, Argentina, Italy, England etc. Just these matches would be evidence enough, but let's not forget his goals against Porto and the other big teams in the UEFA cup.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

Larsson has proved over and over again that he is a worldclass player. Like you said he was great in SouthCorea and in USA. He was injured in EURO 2000 but when he got the chance against Italy he did really well although he was suffering from his injury. DUring these tournaments he has played great against the best teams in the world, Argentina, Italy, England etc. Just these matches would be evidence enough, but let's not forget his goals against Porto and the other big teams in the UEFA cup.
    We're on the same wavelength Zambrotta:thumb:

And I'm completely neutral on the subject of Larsson of course:rolleyes:

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #55
    I agree that Larsson is a great player, but I just can't see him as a world class star. I would love to see him in a big team like Man Utd or Barcelona but even that doesn't look likely as Larsson may join mid-table Liga team. He didn't take the International stage by storm too. But that's just my opinion, Zambrotta. One thing is for sure though, I really respect him. :angel:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    I agree that Larsson is a great player, but I just can't see him as a world class star. I would love to see him in a big team like Man Utd or Barcelona but even that doesn't look likely as Larsson may join mid-table Liga team. He didn't take the International stage by storm too. But that's just my opinion, Zambrotta. One thing is for sure though, I really respect him. :angel:
    Fair enough.

In three weeks we will see who's right. :)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    Can find fault in what you say!
    Some times his first touch is poor, sometimes his dribbling sucks...but he just seems to score goals from absolutely nothing...and his work rate and positioning are first class

Still...he's not the player he was when he played for Celtic:dontcare:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    IIRC his last direct freekick that went in was aginst Depor like 3 years ago :undecide:
    Actually he scored a free kick against Empoli this season, and an excellent one for Italy in the qualifiers, so leave him alone! :p :D

Forza Del Piero per sempre!!!! :strong:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)