Euro2004 Stars: FLASH or TRASH ?? (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Flash :

1-Del piero
2-Henry
3-Buffon
4-Davids
5-Kluivert
6-Larsson
7-Beckham
8-Totti
9-Cannavaro
10-Zambrotta
11-Puyol
12-Gerrard

Trash
1-Raul
2-Cassano
3-Zlatan
4-Zidane
5-khan
6-Rooney

dpforever: C.Ronaldo wont be playing with portugal in euro 2004 , the coach didn't chose him !! i read it like 3days ago !

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Where's delpiero Fahad?
    Well, I reckon Alex is going to have a good tournament in Portugal even though he is playing (slightly) out of position. He isn't a pure No10 attacker nor a pure winger, somewhere in between. And with all the tactical duties, I find it difficult for him to 'shine'. Stripping him off the taking free-kicks (thanks to Totti) isn't going to help either.

However, Totti has the perfect scene to star. Playing behind Vieri, he can dictate the game with passes to whomever is available left (DP), right (Camo), or ahead (Vieri). He has less tactical duties and can roam the field.

Anyway, I wish both of them a good tournament, leading Italy to glory.

++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
    dpforever: C.Ronaldo wont be playing with portugal in euro 2004 , the coach didn't chose him !! i read it like 3days ago !
    Are you sure? Coz I'm pretty much sure I saw a Cristiano Ronaldo train with the Portugues senior team under Felipe Scolari !!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Great Thread...

FLASH

1. Michael Ballack (Germany)

2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)

3. Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Holland)

4. Marat Izmailov (Russia)

5. Gianluca Zambrotta (Italy)

6. Fransesco Totti (Italy)

7. Jon Dahl Tomasson (Denmark)

TRASH

1, 2, 3... Fabien Barthez (France) - he will kill France

4. David Beckham (England)

5. Alessandro Del Piero (Italy)

6. David Trezeguet (France)

7. Marcel Desailly (France)

8. Patrick Kluivert (Holland)

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    1. Thierry Henry (France) Flash

2. Fransesco Totti (Italy) Flash

3. David Beckham (England) Trash

4. Jon Dahl Tomasson (Denmark) Flash

5. Gianluca Zambrotta (Italy) Flash

6. Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Holland) Flash

7. Michael Ballack (Germany) Flash

8. Fernando Morientes (Spain) Trash

9. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) Trash

10. Dado Prso (Croatia) Trash

11. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden) Flash

1. Wayne Rooney (England) Trash

2. Marcel Desailly (France) Trash

3. David Trezeguet (France) Trash

4. Raul Gonzalez (Spain) Trash

5. David James (England) Trash

6. Patrick Kluivert (Holland) Trash

7. Germany's Strikers !! Flash

8. Jesper Gronkjaer (Denmark) Trash

9. Manuel Rui Costa (Portugal) Flash

10. Henrik Larsson (Sweden) Trash

11. Fabien Barthez (France) Trash

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    FLASH: Patrick Kluivert

He's Holland's all-time topscorer with 40 goals (in 78 matches). In comparison, Bergkamp is second with 37 in 79 and he's older already quit.

Kluivert has a goalscoring ratio of 0.51 whereas Marco van Basten (24 in 58) had a ratio of 0.41

The man has the statistics in his favour and I thoroughly believe he will beat the crap out of precious Thierry Henry if he finds his form on time. I realise that's an unstable 'if' right there but I believe and hope he can do it.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I actually think Canizarez will start this time round. He's had a good season and I don't think he'll drop a bottle of aftershave on this occasion ;)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

I don't think Jesper was Chelsea's best player, that would be Frank Lampard by far.
    Over the whole season Lampard was definetly the best but in the last three or four games Grönkjaer has been the best.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Are you sure? Coz I'm pretty much sure I saw a Cristiano Ronaldo train with the Portugues senior team under Felipe Scolari !!
    Yep he announced 3 or 4 days ago the 23 players for portugal and he gave the reasons why he left C.Ronaldo out...
    mmm he said like he is still young , and he got in his team more players are ready to give more the C.Ronaldo... and becuz he is still young !

Sep 28, 2002
    buffon will be trash. also latvian nt. easy prediction here.

i believe trez will shine, i mean, playing his regular, doing nothing just grabbing goals. french defence may go down heavy as well.

i predict italy going out early as well, along with france. so it's quite difficult to say.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    It's hard for me to compare the two, and I like them both, but Casillas has been making hell of the saves this year.

His stereotype is negative because Real's defense has been really crappy, while Valencia's has been superb (27 goals conceeded by Valencia against 54 by RM in La Liga).

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    FLASH: Patrick Kluivert

He's Holland's all-time topscorer with 40 goals (in 78 matches). In comparison, Bergkamp is second with 37 in 79 and he's older already quit.

Kluivert has a goalscoring ratio of 0.51 whereas Marco van Basten (24 in 58) had a ratio of 0.41

The man has the statistics in his favour and I thoroughly believe he will beat the crap out of precious Thierry Henry if he finds his form on time. I realise that's an unstable 'if' right there but I believe and hope he can do it.
    oh thank heavens for that. Someone out there actually rates kluivert other than me.

Fahad, you've made just about every excuse on the planet there for why dp might fail at euro 2004. I for one think he'll flop but i hope otherwise. Freekicks; well when was the last time you saw dp score a non-deflected freekick? We're talking years I reckon!

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #40
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Fahad, you've made just about every excuse on the planet there for why dp might fail at euro 2004. I for one think he'll flop but i hope otherwise. Freekicks; well when was the last time you saw dp score a non-deflected freekick? We're talking years I reckon!
    I never said he would 'fail' at Euro2004. :D

It's just that in his role he has a less chance to shine, as in MVP. But I'm sure he will contribute to the team and hopefully score some goals too. I remember Alex refusing to play in this position before because he prefered to play upfront to be more involved, but now he is desperate for action and wouldn't mind playing in any position.

There are too many doubters already waiting for Alex to flop, I wouldn't be one of them. His goal against Mexico in the WC2002 was my best moment during that tournament and Im waiting for more from him in Euro2004. :angel:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)