Euro2004 Stars: FLASH or TRASH ?? (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Based on recent friendlies and your instinct, which players do you think are going to shine in Euro2004 and which players you feel will flop terribly after so much promise and media attention?

Here is my list of 11 players:

FLASH :thumb:

1. Thierry Henry (France)

2. Fransesco Totti (Italy)

3. David Beckham (England)

4. Jon Dahl Tomasson (Denmark)

5. Gianluca Zambrotta (Italy)

6. Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Holland)

7. Michael Ballack (Germany)

8. Fernando Morientes (Spain)

9. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)

10. Dado Prso (Croatia)

11. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden)

TRASH :wallbang:

1. Wayne Rooney (England)

2. Marcel Desailly (France)

3. David Trezeguet (France)

4. Raul Gonzalez (Spain)

5. David James (England)

6. Patrick Kluivert (Holland)

7. Germany's Strikers !!

8. Jesper Gronkjaer (Denmark)

9. Manuel Rui Costa (Portugal)

10. Henrik Larsson (Sweden)

11. Fabien Barthez (France)

------

A look back to this thread once the tournament ends would certainly be fun :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
It ain't a long list but here is what I think:

TRASH
Raul
Beckham
Zidane
Ljungberg

FLASH
Zambrotta
Morientes

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Based on recent friendlies and your instinct, which players do you think are going to shine in Euro2004 and which players you feel will flop terribly after so much promise and media attention?

Here is my list of 11 players:

FLASH :thumb:

1. Thierry Henry (France)

2. Francesco Totti (Italy)

3. David Beckham (England)

4. Jon Dahl Tomasson (Denmark)

5. Gianluca Zambrotta (Italy)

6. Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Holland)

7. Michael Ballack (Germany)

8. Fernando Morientes (Spain)

9. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)

10. Dado Prso (Croatia)

11. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden)

TRASH :wallbang:

1. Wayne Rooney (England)

2. Marcel Desailly (France)

3. David Trezeguet (France)

4. Raul Gonzalez (Spain)

5. David James (England)

6. Patrick Kluivert (Holland)

7. Germany's Strikers !!

8. Jesper Gronkjaer (Denmark)

9. Manuel Rui Costa (Portugal)

10. Henrik Larsson (Sweden)

11. Fabien Barthez (France)

------

A look back to this thread once the tournament ends would certainly be fun :D
Zlatan seems to be in great form, he can really get his breakthrough during this tournament. I believe Larsson will be great this year too, he has had a great finish with Celtic and he is still in perfect condition. If you ask me he is at his top right now, I can't see how you can see him fail unless it is because of the pressure?

Grönkjaer has been CHelseas best player in the last games and I'm very curious about why he would fail.

The others are good choices.

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    I believe Larsson will be great this year too, he has had a great finish with Celtic and he is still in perfect condition. If you ask me he is at his top right now, I can't see how you can see him fail unless it is because of the pressure?
    Playing against Partick Thistle and Kilmarnock is one thing and making it in the big stage is another thing. In fact, I was very eager to see Larsson ply his trade outside of the SPL, to test his abilities further. He played well in the International scene in the WC94, 02 granted, but I have a feeling the 32 year old's International comeback won't be that good due to a long season with Celtic (injuries) as well as added pressure of coming out of retirement to help the team. I might be wrong ofcourse :)

++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    Grönkjaer has been CHelseas best player in the last games and I'm very curious about why he would fail.
    I don't think Jesper was Chelsea's best player, that would be Frank Lampard by far. Gronkjaer was often substituted by 'Tinkerman' Ranieri in nearly every match he started. True he scored a goal in the 2-2 semifinal draw against Monaco, but also he didn't have a perfect night as most of his crosses were awful and passes misplaced. I also won't forget the badly timed back-pass that allowed Inzaghi to score after only 30 seconds in the qualifying match for Euro2000.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Playing against Partick Thistle and Kilmarnock is one thing and making it in the big stage is another thing.
    A little selective in your choice of opponents for Larsson are we not dp:dontcare:...give him a little credit for his record in Europe too please mate:cool:

After all he did manage two goals against Porto, and in a euro final too...something a host of top notch strikers playing for teams in uber-leagues have failed to do

He also holds the record for most goals in Europe for a player with a British team.

Not bad for £650,000

In fact, I was very eager to see Larsson ply his trade outside of the SPL, to test his abilities further. He played well in the International scene in the WC94, 02 granted, but I have a feeling the 32 year old's International comeback won't be that good due to a long season with Celtic (injuries) as well as added pressure of coming out of retirement to help the team. I might be wrong ofcourse :)

Could be right here, but maybe the sabatical has prolonged his international career...I have him down for three goals:D...but I would say that wouldn't I:dontcare:

And he is injury free...unless he pulls a muscle moving house:eek:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Flash:

Totti

Cassano

Deco

Zlatan

Jankulovski

Henry

Saha

Lampard

Pires

Trash

Del Piero

Vieri

van der Vaart

Barthez

Figo

Rui Costa

van Nistelrooy

Nedved

entire German squad

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    FLASH
    Deco
    Cassano
    Henry
    Totti
    Zambrotta
    Van Nistelrooy
    Ronaldo
    Sneijder
    Zlatan

TRASH
    Del Piero
    Buffon
    Desailly
    Larsson
    Barthez
    Figo
    Rui Costa

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

Correct! :)

My favourite writer.

COOL

I can only think of three of his books I'm familiar with...The Old Man and The Sea...For Whom The Bell Tolls,...and Fairwell to Arms.

Can't think of any others I've read, but what I have read I enjoyed

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
    COOL

I can only think of three of his books I'm familiar with...The Old Man and The Sea...For Whom The Bell Tolls,...and Fairwell to Arms.

Can't think of any others I've read, but what I have read I enjoyed
    I've read For Whom The Bell Tolls, A Farewell to Arms and a lot of his short-stories, I just love them. For Whom The Bell Tolls is one of favourite books, perhaps my very favourite.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

I've read For Whom The Bell Tolls, A Farewell to Arms and a lot of his short-stories, I just love them. For Whom The Bell Tolls is one of favourite books, perhaps my very favourite.
    You have good taste...I seem to remember something about Kilimanjaro...but I think I did that a school... and that was a lifetime ago:D

Keep reading Torkel...see ya:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)