Euro2004 - qualifier RETURNS (1 Viewer)

tomijanac

Nov 3, 2003
Croatia is heading for Portugal(u 21 also)...

The best moment for me was when Tudor almost teared apart one slovenian player(with his eyes :) ),it was ....ah...the guy is great..I'm sorry that i don't have any pictures to show from that moment :(
Thx to Juve he is now a superb player...:)

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
here are my thoughts :

-slovenia 0-1 croatia : :thumb: i've always wanted croatia in the tournament.

-wales 0-1 russia : :down: although im not exactly a fan of wales, i had expected them to go through. im disappointed.

-norway 0-3 spain : ;) just what i expected.

-turkey 2-2- latvia : :sob: i am VERY sad with this result. no offence to latvia who did a great job, but really, turkey how could you..

-netherlands 6-0 scotland : :eek: and the dutch are back! ;)

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #64
    ****ING HELL! YES!!!!!!!! Dammit I haven't seen a performance of my country's team like this season Euro freaking 2000!!!! :extatic:

I have to tell you that the display against the Scots on Saturday drove me to near despair and then our boys turn on the heat and passion and prove they can still do it! Bless you Advocaat for introducing some youngsters!

Kalle - thanks for the congrats!

Suzanne - Not only Amsterdam was buzzing this night. The entire freaking country was on a high!

Best part of the evening was when the Dutch fans (with a 3-0 scoreline) started singing "Schade Bertie, alles ist vorbei" which is German for "Such a shame Bertie, it's all over!"

Time to get back in it. :devil::strong:

Oh, and Gino - no need to practice on penalty kicks. This time if we meet Italy, you won't be so damn lucky again ;)

rae

Il Conservatore
    Nov 12, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    here are my thoughts :

-slovenia 0-1 croatia : :thumb: i've always wanted croatia in the tournament.

-wales 0-1 russia : :down: although im not exactly a fan of wales, i had expected them to go through. im disappointed.

-turkey 2-2- latvia : :sob: i am VERY sad with this result. no offence to latvia who did a great job, but really, turkey how could you..

-netherlands 6-0 scotland : :eek: and the dutch are back! ;)
    I'm totaly against you

-slovenia 0-1 croatia : well croatia is a bigger and stronger country so they deserved the victory
    croatians showed **** to NATO who ignores them :p

-wales 0-1 russia : ****in result . I hate russians very very much.:yuck:
    Cheeky occupants:fero:
    Giggsy won't have his chance to paricipate in Euro Champ:(

-turkey 2-2- latvia : YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    IT IS THE MOST REFRESHING RESULT
    OUR NEIGHBOURS ARE IN EURO2004
    WOWOWOWOWOW
    THERE MUST BE A HOT NIGHT IN RIGA
    GOOD LUCK LATVIA:extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic:

-netherlands 6-0 scotland : that was a correrct end for scots nothing very unexpected

rae

Il Conservatore
    Nov 12, 2003
    Turkey Latvia
    2 - 2
    (Aggregate: 2 - 3)

20'Ilhan Mansiz
    64'Hakan Sükür
    66'Laizans
    78'Verpakovskis

Playoff for Final Tournament - 19 November 2003 20:30 (Local Time)
    Inönü - Istanbul

Joyful Latvia make history
    Wednesday, 19 November 2003 Print
    Send

Latvia qualified for a major international football tournament for the first time as goals from Jurijs Laizans and Maris Verpakovskis enabled the visitors to come from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Turkey in Istanbul, progressing to the finals of UEFA EURO 2004™ 3-2 on aggregate.

Latvia players and their coach Aleksandrs Starkovs celebrate their historic victory

Disciplined and determined
    Strikes from Ilhan Mansiz and Hakan Sükür had seemed to put Senol Günes's side on their way to Portugal, but the home team rarely looked comfortable against determined and disciplined opponents, and never came close to scoring the two goals they needed in the closing stages.

Narrow lead
    The visitors came to defend a 1-0 lead from the first leg in Riga, given to them by Verpakovskis's 29th-minute goal, and welcomed back key defenders Dzintars Zirnis and Mihails Zemlinskis after suspension, although Olegs Blagonadezdins and Valentins Lobanovs were missing through injury and suspension respectively. They were further boosted by the inclusion of Marians Pahars, a year after his last competitive match, on the substitute's bench.

Key suspensions
    In contrast, the home side were depleted by suspensions, with first-choice goalkeeper Rüstü Reçber and defenders Fatih Akyel and Emre Asik all sidelined. Ömer Çatkiç deputised for Rüstü, with Ümit Davala and Deniz Barisalso coming into the back-line, while Hakan Sükür was recalled up front.

Volleyed opener
    The home side began the game in positive fashion, pressing the visitors back as they sought an early goal. Tümer Metin twice had low shots easily saved by goalkeeper Aleksandrs Kolinko, but either side of his efforts, the home side took the lead in the 20th minute. Nihat Kahveci regained possession on the left of the Latvian penalty area before turning and hitting a cross towards Ilhan, whose unstoppable left-foot volley from the edge of the area gave Kolinko no chance.

Latvia bounce back
    Buoyed by the goal, the home side pressed forward, but it was Latvia who looked the more likely scorers in the remainder of the second half. Four minutes after Ilhan's strike, Laizans linked well with Verpakovskis and his prodded effort from the edge of the area forced a sprawling Omer to turn the ball behind. Andrejs Rubins also came close, running from inside his own half before seeing his shot deflected behind.

Defensive solidity
    The second half started in similar fashion to the first, with Turkey seeing more of the ball but struggling to break down a stubborn and well-organised Latvian defence, although Nihat sliced a shot high over the crossbar from 25 metres.

Well-worked goal
    As in the first half, Latvia weathered the early storm and gradually came more into the match, as first Laizans then Rubins both shot wide. Just as it seemed the visitors were beginning to threaten, however, Turkey made it 2-0. A fine crossfield pass found Gökdeniz Karadeniz and the substitute broke down the right before crossing low for Hakan Sükür to turn into the net.

Bizarre strike
    The Turkish celebrations had not died down when Latvia drew level on aggregate but, crucially, ahead on away goals. The visitors won a free-kick down the left and Laizans swung the ball in low. A succession of attackers missed the ball and, unsighted, Omer was unable to prevent it from nestling in the corner of the net.

Decisive second
    The home side nearly responded immediately, as Hakan Sükür's thumping shot hit the crossbar, but 12 minutes from time their hopes suffered what proved to be a critical blow. A long ball over the top of the defence set Verpakovskis clear, and the striker held off Bülent to lift the ball over Omer and cap an extraordinary night for the away side.

©uefa.com 1998-2003. All rights reserved.

tomijanac

Nov 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by rae ACM ] ++

I'm totaly against you

-slovenia 0-1 croatia : well croatia is a bigger and stronger country so they deserved the victory
    croatians showed **** to NATO who ignores them :p

?? NATO...expl...:confused:

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
    Oh god, my body is here but my head and everything else are somewhere in holland...how I got back is a blur, I'm nursing the worst hangover in history....I am not a good traveller at all, but it one heck of a night...and how I feel now is worth it!

Erik, I was laughing so much, some nice Dutch guy told me what they were all singing!!!!...and at the end I got kissed by so many people!!!!!...yahoooo..

So glad Dicky used his brain and brought in those youngsters....

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #71
    ++ [ originally posted by Bongiovi ] ++
    Oh god, my body is here but my head and everything else are somewhere in holland...how I got back is a blur, I'm nursing the worst hangover in history....I am not a good traveller at all, but it one heck of a night...and how I feel now is worth it!

Erik, I was laughing so much, some nice Dutch guy told me what they were all singing!!!!...and at the end I got kissed by so many people!!!!!...yahoooo..
    Oh yes, the kiss thing. I always love that part :D Glad to hear you had a great time but then again, how could you not have right?!

Ditto!

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Bongiovi ] ++

You went to Holland to see the match?? Wow, Lucky you! :extatic:

Gino

The Funky Homosapien
    Jun 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
    ****ING HELL! YES!!!!!!!! Dammit I haven't seen a performance of my country's team like this season Euro freaking 2000!!!! :extatic:

I have to tell you that the display against the Scots on Saturday drove me to near despair and then our boys turn on the heat and passion and prove they can still do it! Bless you Advocaat for introducing some youngsters!

Kalle - thanks for the congrats!

Suzanne - Not only Amsterdam was buzzing this night. The entire freaking country was on a high!

Best part of the evening was when the Dutch fans (with a 3-0 scoreline) started singing "Schade Bertie, alles ist vorbei" which is German for "Such a shame Bertie, it's all over!"

Time to get back in it. :devil::strong:

Oh, and Gino - no need to practice on penalty kicks. This time if we meet Italy, you won't be so damn lucky again ;)
    lucky??? :confused: you got 2penalty's for free we got a red card and you played at home and you still cant whin from italy so wath lucky???

en ja volgende keer zal er geen penalty's geworden in ons duel ALS we tegen elkaar uitkomen nee dan wordt de wedstrijd gewoon beslist op goalen waar italia er meer maakt dan holland (wens ik weet ik nie)
    maar jullie hollanders zijn altijd zeker van succes gisteren keek ik op tv en zag ik weer van die arrogante mannen die zijden wie gaat ons kloppen??? letland???? ha komaan joch we worden zeker met de vingers in de neus europees kampioen,
    begrijp me nie verkeert ik gunde orangje heel veel TOT de dag toen italie holland uitschakelde (zelfs voor de wedstrijd al) waarom omdat jullie ons gewoon belachelijk hebben gemaakt om met ons te spotten italie ging eraan als een amatuur ploegske en het zijn janetten met hun haarbandjes sinds dien had ik geen respect meer voor orangje want zij hebben geen respect voor de andere ploegen en HUN BETERE

ik wens je veel succes maar ik wens de italiaanse selectie nog veel meer succes!!!

ciao

Forza Italia!
    en lijkt dit nou op een bende janetten??? nee ze zijn gewoon keiharde stijle mannen die voor ons gaan strijden om de europeese kroon

FORZA AZZURRI!!!!

Gino

The Funky Homosapien
    Jun 6, 2003
    and this picture i really love :touched:

after 2min ore so every one runs to toldo :touched:

at school they make all fun of me and my italian friends .
    they all say that italia would lose 5-0
    but then :touched: the game with 10men after just 25min and holland got 2penalty's for nothing and we won the game :touched:

and the day after HAH :p it was my and mine italian friend's time it was a wonderfull day :touched:

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by rae ACM ] ++

-turkey 2-2- latvia : YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    IT IS THE MOST REFRESHING RESULT
    OUR NEIGHBOURS ARE IN EURO2004
    WOWOWOWOWOW
    THERE MUST BE A HOT NIGHT IN RIGA
    GOOD LUCK LATVIA:extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic::extatic:

-netherlands 6-0 scotland : that was a correrct end for scots nothing very unexpected

bullshit. scotland should've won. sad night for me and them

and latvia. ****en disgrace to football. sad night for me only
    nu ble cia tai pasakei, man tai geda buvo, bybiu nieko as nenoriu akd jiem sektusi, dabar gaus visas rugtynes portugalijoj ir eis svildami peskom namo bo autikui babkiu netures. bibiai zirgagalvos

Sep 28, 2002
    but there was one good thing about that match day. turkish goalkeeper. the funniest guy i've ever seen. short, bald and trying to look cool and serious. i couldn't stop laughing. second goal can be blamed on his height 1,75m (that's about 5'7" serge). entertainer of the year :star:

Ömer Çatkiç

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)