Euro2004™ The teams (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

not any more.he's gone for therapy and recovered.

don't know why he ain't in the squad,he's brilliant.
Probably because he played one Bundesliga game or so. And even then, it's a GERMAN talent, need we say more. Ok, people did say he was going to be the best european football player, but I guess his being German got the better of him.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
I heard Advocaat prefers Van Nistelrooy ahead of Kluivert, as he supposedly said he wanted to chose a main striker in his team, and that striker would be Ruud. I don't know if that is true or if that would mean Kluivert wouldn't play, but I would prefer Kluivert being the main striker. I don't care if he's bad at Barcelona, he's always been my favorite and has never let his country down. Ruud, on the other hand, missed both Euro 00 and WC 02. Besides, he was pretty disappointing for Man U at the end of the season.

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #151
    Its true - Van Nistelrooy will start in the traditional 4-3-3 formation against the Germans. A formation that only holds place for one striker.

Personally, I would prefer Kluivert. In a 4-3-3 you need a forward up front, not so much a striker. And Kluivert has more than proven he can play in such a formation - Ruud never has.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    this is funny. Makaay has proven he can play alone (at depor). how come he's not even in contention when he's on the best form compared to the other two

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Its true - Van Nistelrooy will start in the traditional 4-3-3 formation against the Germans. A formation that only holds place for one striker.

Personally, I would prefer Kluivert. In a 4-3-3 you need a forward up front, not so much a striker. And Kluivert has more than proven he can play in such a formation - Ruud never has.
    Will Van der Vaart start in the 4-3-3? I was thinking VDM-Ruud-VDV upfront but I dunno what Advocaat has on his mind.

And btw, what do you think the back four will be?

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #156
    Check the Germany-Holland thread. I posted a report there on the line-up, based on Dutch media (who, for once, actually agreed :eek: )

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)