Euro u21 (5 Viewers)

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Nice game from the boys. After first 30 minutes I was afraid they gonna get demolished but they managed to turn it around. Starting from our boy Kean I think he was the best before subbed off (which surprised me). Looked like a constant threat and caused lots of problems to the Spaniards individually before the rest of the team woke up. Mandragora was rather quiet, got more involved later on but I think Barella and Pellegrini were better than him. Zaniolo was in Marchisio mode. From the defence I did not like Bonifazi who lost too many balls at the back. Full backs were ok with Demarco stepping up in the second half.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Nice game from the boys. After first 30 minutes I was afraid they gonna get demolished but they managed to turn it around. Starting from our boy Kean I think he was the best before subbed off (which surprised me). Looked like a constant threat and caused lots of problems to the Spaniards individually before the rest of the team woke up. Mandragora was rather quiet, got more involved later on but I think Barella and Pellegrini were better than him. Zaniolo was in Marchisio mode. From the defence I did not like Bonifazi who lost too many balls at the back. Full backs were ok with Demarco stepping up in the second half.
Mandrake was great. Controlled the midfield smoothly.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Mandrake was great. Controlled the midfield smoothly.
also, he got rid of fabian ruiz during the first half. it was a borderline yellow foul, he luckily got away with it, but after that, ruiz was very silent and had to be replaced before the 2nd half started.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
On current TMW Spain look to have the richest squad, which is hardly a surprise as they have a lot of 22, 23 year old experienced players in the attacking positions.

It's a strong generation for Italy though.

On Barella, only thing I'd say about him is that sometimes he has a little sulk when things don't go his way, but there is personality in the squad, and that's important. You start from the keeper, through Mancini and Bonifazi, then most of the midfield and attack all have a bit of swagger and aggression about them.

Are Poland any good? @piotrr I see they beat the Belgians, so must be handy.
When is the last time that Italy looked so superior athletically?

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
On current TMW Spain look to have the richest squad, which is hardly a surprise as they have a lot of 22, 23 year old experienced players in the attacking positions.

It's a strong generation for Italy though.

On Barella, only thing I'd say about him is that sometimes he has a little sulk when things don't go his way, but there is personality in the squad, and that's important. You start from the keeper, through Mancini and Bonifazi, then most of the midfield and attack all have a bit of swagger and aggression about them.

What does TMW mean?

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
When is the last time that Italy looked so superior athletically?
Euro 16 with Conte. Physically dominated Spain.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we still have a buyback for him
We do, stated by the club. 26m option for him at the end of the upcoming season.

Roma was trying to get him now, but our deal "forbids" it. We get 50% of the profit (sale - 20m) if Udinese sells him elsewhere this summer. So Roma would need to pay 32m to equal the Udinese profit that we would give them next summer, and they lose the player right away instead of keeping him for a season.

Last edited:
OP
piotrr

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #71
    We have some decent players i would say but most of the team are no-names when you look they are 22-23 yo.
    Liverpool's GK Grabara, Arsenal's Bielik, Fiorentina's Żurkowski that Paratici wanted and Sampdoria's Kownacki are the biggest names in the team.

Funny thing is that the coach of our u21 is actually more experienced than our NT coach so he probably deserves the credit that this team clicks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)