Miccoli-Pazzini-Bojinov

---------Nakata
---Obodo---maresca

Chiellini-????-????-????

---------??????

thats one heck of a lineup...

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
Anelka tied up a seven million pound ($13.17 million) switch from Manchester City to Turkey's Fenerbahce and Fiorentina bought Bulgarian striker Bojinov from Lecce for a fee reported by the Italian media to be 13 million euros ($16.95 million).

If confirmed the deal for 18-year-old Bojinov would be the biggest of a relatively quiet January transfer window.

In other moves on Monday, English club Tottenham Hotspur spent eight million pounds on second division Nottingham Forest pair Andy Reid and Michael Dawson.

Ireland midfielder Reid and central defender Dawson were expected to pass medicals and agree personal terms before Monday's midnight CET transfer deadline.

Argentina defender Fabricio Coloccini went from AC Milan to Deportivo Coruna in Spain for an undisclosed sum, while Cameroon midfielder Eric Djemba-Djemba left Manchester United for Aston Villa after 18 months at Old Trafford.

Villa have agreed an initial payment of 1.35 million pounds for the player, and might have to pay an additional 500,000 pounds depending on appearances.

NEW DESTINATIONS

French side Olympique Marseille signed Japan midfielder Koji Nakata from Kashima Antlers on an 18-month contract for an undisclosed fee.

Although a number of other deals were still being discussed -- including a possible move to Celtic for Newcastle United forward Craig Bellamy -- the modestly priced deals that were going ahead underlined the depression in the transfer market from the high of a few years ago.

Among those definitely heading for new destinations were former French midfielder Christian Karembeu, Spanish midfielder Mikel Arteta and Slovenian striker Aleksandar Rodic.

Karembeu, part of France's 1998 World Cup-winning squad, left debt-ridden Servette on loan to Bastia in France until the end of the season while Spanish midfielder Arteta joined English club Everton on loan, also until May, from Real Sociedad.

Rodic, who completed a memorable day by being called up to Slovenia's senior squad for the first time, joined English south-coast club Portsmouth from Nova Gorica.

Other deals involved former France defender Vincent Candela joining Bolton Wanderers from AS Roma until the end of the season, Dutch keeper Ronald Waterreus moving from Manchester City to Rangers on a one-year deal and Hanover 96 signing former Atletico Madrid striker Veljko Paunovic subject to a medical.

Eurosport - 31/01/2005

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Newcastle striker Craig Bellamy has joined Scottish giants Celtic on loan until the end of the season.

The Welshman rejected a proposed move to Birmingham after falling out with Magpies manager Graeme Souness over his exclusion for a game against Arsenal.

And although Celtic could not match Birmingham's £6m offer for the player, Newcastle agreed to a loan deal.

Bellamy, 25, will now link up with Wales international team-mate John Hartson in a revamped Celtic attack.

The striker was quick to praise new manager Martin O'Neill after moving to the Scottish Premier League leaders.

"When a club like Celtic are interested in you, you take notice," he said.

"Traditionally, this club is magnificent and so is the manager. I'm looking forward to working alongside O'Neill and (assistant coach) Steve Walford, who I know well."

O'Neill added: "I'm absolutely ecstatic to have signed Craig. We do have an option to sign him on a more permanent basis at the end of the season."

"He has that reputation, no doubt about it, but we'll have to take that on, but I'm sure if he scores a few goals nobody will talk about that.

"There are one or two big players here - and I don't mean bigger than Craig physically because most people are - but lads who can give it out as well.

"So he won't have it all his own in the dressing room."

Bellamy was fined two weeks' wages by Newcastle after a live TV interview in which he accused Souness of lying, following a public dispute about what position he should play in the side.

Souness said: "He can't play for me ever again. He has been a disruptive influence from the minute I walked into this club.

"He can't go on television and accuse me of telling lies."

Chairman Freddy Shepherd described Bellamy's behaviour as "totally unacceptable and totally unprofessional".

My first reaction to Bellamy's move was one of relief. We've put up with his disruptive influence long enough -------Newcastle fan

IMHO, Bellamy's an idiot.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
Anelka --> Fenerbahce

Fenerbahce is getting stronger day by day.they will be dangerous next season
The Incredible Sulk continues his quest for World Peace! He is trying to get the whole world to hate him, and not everyone else!

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

The Incredible Sulk continues his quest for World Peace! He is trying to get the whole world to hate him, and not everyone else!
I don't know why everybody hates him.is it because he changed his religion? cuz i heard the fans of fenerbahce on tv protecting him, and saying all the hate towards him is because he is a muslim.
I didn't know that he was a muslim.did you know that his name is Bilal?:shocked:

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
I'll give you a clue 'The Incredible Sulk' tag goes along way to explain why he is hated!
Why you beefing the young man Nicole? Cassano sulks more IMO.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
WHAT! Have you never heard of Anelka? This is the man who demanded to leave Arsenal, despite the fact they MADE him into the player he was, he sulked at Real so they got rid of him, PSG hated him and loaded him to Liverpool, even Houiller didnt want him, and he drove Keegan and Man City fans mad, by on a daily basic claiming he was ready for a 'big club' to mine and every other Man Utd fans delight, he is fantasticly talented, but his attitude is worst then Cassano, and Mido's and anyone else in the world (Laurent Robert) put together!

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
WHAT! Have you never heard of Anelka? This is the man who demanded to leave Arsenal, despite the fact they MADE him into the player he was, he sulked at Real so they got rid of him, PSG hated him and loaded him to Liverpool, even Houiller didnt want him, and he drove Keegan and Man City fans mad, by on a daily basic claiming he was ready for a 'big club' to mine and every other Man Utd fans delight, he is fantasticly talented, but his attitude is worst then Cassano, and Mido's and anyone else in the world (Laurent Robert) put together!
:rofl:

Forgot Craig 'the d**k head' Bellamy?

Anelka will cool down in Turkey, lest someone drive a knife into him. :thumb:

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
I like Craig Bellamy, he was too good for Newcaslte!
:confused: IMO he is another overrated boy. Yes the skills are there all right, but he isn't the complete player because he lacks the right attitude.
He was there 2nd best player behind Jemaine Jenas!
Shearer. Kieron Dyer (though he isn't living up to his potential yet, Laurent Robert. Do I name more?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)