Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
best euros imo, not best tournament I've seen
Euro 2000 was great. Best euro tournament I ever watched.

It was mine too and it showed Diego at his best, but no way did it have the talent of 1994, baggio romario hagi stoichkov just to name a few, and that Nigeria team. 1994 was imo the best, i really liked forward to watching all the games.
Platini, Zico, Laudrup, Socrates, Hugo Sanchez?

Obviously I didn't watch it live, neither did I watch 94, so what do I know? :D But from highlights and what some old timers say, 1986 was pretty awesome.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Payet deserves to be there but Bale doesent? Payet was invisible in 3 out of 4 knock out games. Nani was also better than him

Patricio
Pepe Bonucci Chiellini
Sanches Kroos Pogba Nani
Griezmann Ronaldo Bale

They only took the 4 semifinalists and make a crap selection out of them

- - - Updated - - -

And lol, there is no Martial in the team of the tournament
you want pogba in there but not payet?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
One of us I know is in Lisbon right now... who was that
It was me and it was incredible and weird at the same time. On Friday and Saturday one wouldn't even know that Portugal will play the final. Nothing in the streets suggested that. Even on match day, on Sunday, it wasn't what I expected. Yeah, Portuguesse flags on every window, but nothing on people's faces. But during the match it felt like I was in another place all of a sudden. I watched it on the main square (the wind in Lisbon is unreal) and never in my life have I experienced and felt so many emotions per square meter. People were crying just like that, in minute 35 or 75. After the final whistle we hugged with like 100 people on the way to the hotel. I left in the morning for Malaga, but yesterday I heard that they are still celebrating like mad in Portugal. The Spaniards here are saying that winning in France, against France is apparently much much bigger deal for Portugal than winning per se.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It was me and it was incredible and weird at the same time. On Friday and Saturday one wouldn't even know that Portugal will play the final. Nothing in the streets suggested that. Even on match day, on Sunday, it wasn't what I expected. Yeah, Portuguesse flags on every window, but nothing on people's faces. But during the match it felt like I was in another place all of a sudden. I watched it on the main square (the wind in Lisbon is unreal) and never in my life have I experienced and felt so many emotions per square meter. People were crying just like that, in minute 35 or 75. After the final whistle we hugged with like 100 people on the way to the hotel. I left in the morning for Malaga, but yesterday I heard that they are still celebrating like mad in Portugal. The Spaniards here are saying that winning in France, against France is apparently much much bigger deal for Portugal than winning per se.
I was in Italy in 2006 and watched the game on a big screen in Firenze. The odd thing was that the day of the game you saw Italian flags everywhere, so you knew people were thinking about it. The atmosphere during was unreal. Mostly I remember the boos from when they showed Zidane's headbutt and the sheer anxiety of the crowd when Del Piero walked up to take his penalty (because let's face it, if anyone was going to miss for Italy, it would be him).

But what was very weird was that there were no weeklong celebrations. In fact there were hardly celebrations at all. It didn't mean they weren't proud though. You could see they were extremely happy and every single Italian we met was extremely friendly and cheerful that week. But still, life went on. If the same were to happen in Belgium, and it will in 2018, public life would just stop. People would be drunk for weeks on end. None of that in Italy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)