Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (6 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Going full retard again. :rofl:

Go back to cheering for your entirely irrelevant Milan.

Again. Sanches and Nani. :rofl:
OK, sweety, let me explain as I am sure you won't get there on your own :p

Nani was the driving force for a team whose first instinct on the field has been defensive solidity. CR7 waited on Nani to create and orchestrate things in attack and CR7 had Nani to thank for most if not all of his highlight moments in this Euro. E.g. vs Hungary, Croatia and Wales.

Before Renato Sanches took over for Moutinho as starter in midfield, Portugal looked sure to crash out of the groups. With RS in there, they found their balance in midfield, which was to key for their eventually winning the title.

That is, Nani and R. Sanches are unsung heros for Portugal even if their contribution is easy to overlook when just staring at the stats.

I'd like to believe no explanation is needed for Rui Patricio but if I happen to be wrong, give us a holler :D

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
But they were unbeatable even against France on their own turf. If all the talent and tactics in the world cannot beat such an inferior team, maybe our premise is wrong.
How? They wouldn't even have made it out of the groupstages if the format wasn't retarded. And even after that, they got really lucky with the teams they faced. It was coincidence on coincidence and we could very have been discussing, how awful their team is.

ZZidane

Jul 9, 2014
I decided to bet on Iceland to win EURO 2028. It seems every 12 years an underdog(such as Denmark, Greece) is winning it with a combination of some awful football and extreme luck.

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
Someone had to win this thing by default.No impressive team in this tournament.Almost everyone played not to lose,not to win.France played so negative and conservative tonight,what was the freakin plan,going to penalties?
On another note it's sickening how messi the midget and Ronaldo have turned football into sth like an indivifual sport.I'm sick of hearing and watching every fvckin second of Ronaldo on the bench on a game where he wasnt a factor at all.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
:agree: but they're not going to admit this. Instead they say that the Euros are more technical and faster which couldn't be further away from the truth
Coppa has just been won back to back by chile man. Brazil no longer exists. Uruguay has become shit. Only Argentina is the other good team and they might disintegrate after messi and co retired.

Italy, Germany, Spain, France, Croatia, Portugal Vs. Chile, Argentina and maybe Columbia?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Pogba was outstanding against Bayern, even in the periodos of the tie in which we were clearly superior to Juve. IMO, he's a beast. Inflated pricetag? Of course! But that doesn't mean he's not a top player and a difference maker.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Pogba scored a goal (thanks to a defensive mishap) vs a disorganized, off-balance Bayern team, who looked like they weren't prepared for that game mentally as they thought they had already done their job in Turin and Juve was done with. That Bayern side gave the most chaotic, clueless performance I had seen from them in a long, long time. Going down 0-1 very early in the game, and eventually 0-2 down, made the task of them finding their feet in the game, that much more diffecult and they looked shocked for most of the game (till roughly the 70th min when Pep finally made some changes).

That is, that was a game in which Juve, as a team, were vastly superior mentally and organizationally to an atypically poor Bayern team. That is, Pogba was again a difference-accentuator, not a difference-maker.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
Always about catenaccio? This just shows people have no idea what catenaccio is. They just buy the media bs.
What is your definition of catenaccio?

I don't mean to say that Italy plays badly but they play unattractive football that most people doesn't like.
Just like Portugal this euro. They were shit during the group stage and until the final. Santos got his tactics right, neutralized France and won the match with only 2 shots on target.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The thing Payet is most of all, is disgustingly overrated cause of those goals.

Hence, deschamps benched pogba at some point. he made choises, and they were wrong.
:tup:

i dont know if he was afraid of the press or is simply not that familiar with these players (maybe he never even watches them play), but he made some pretty stupid decisions from the start. screwed up with his players selections before the Euro, OK, if im a France fan i can live with that, if he can make the team perform (like Conte did). he screwed up with the starting XI, went for "play all the good players i have, not care if it doesent work" instead of "create a team around my best 2 players, even if it means benching a few good ones for some not so good ones" and screwed up again. thats OK too, if im a France fan, as long as he wins the whole thing. but he didnt. all his choices, from selecting the 23 players, making the starting XI and choosing the formation, to his tactical decisions were bad, and even though they had a piss poor run to the final (apart from a weakened Germany, and even here they had much luck), and faced a team they are better than, and should win against normally with these players (they even got Ronaldo out, i mean how lucky can one get?) they failed. its Deschamps fault, i expected more of this team and he just couldnt make it work

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
How? They wouldn't even have made it out of the groupstages if the format wasn't retarded. And even after that, they got really lucky with the teams they faced. It was coincidence on coincidence and we could very have been discussing, how awful their team is.
I disagree with the first part, only because they ended up third doesn't mean they would have ended up third if the format had allowed for two teams to qualify. Also, only because they were lucky with the teams they faced doesn't mean they wouldn't have been able to beat better teams, they beat France after all, without Ronaldo. I agree they were lucky with the set up but it doesn't make them any less deserved imo. Winning any title at this level requires lots of determination and concentration, this was the case even with Greece so credit where it is due.

gg89

Dec 15, 2015
Pogba scored a goal (thanks to a defensive mishap) vs a disorganized, off-balance Bayern team, who looked like they weren't prepared for that game mentally as they thought they had already done their job in Turin and Juve was done with. That Bayern side gave the most chaotic, clueless performance I had seen from them in a long, long time. Going down 0-1 very early in the game, and eventually 0-2 down, made the task of them finding their feet in the game, that much more diffecult and they looked shocked for most of the game (till roughly the 70th min when Pep finally made some changes).

That is, that was a game in which Juve, as a team, were vastly superior mentally and organizationally to an atypically poor Bayern team. That is, Pogba was again a difference-accentuator, not a difference-maker.
We weren't at our best, but a strong Juve midfield had a lot to do with that. Pogba was brilliant when he had the ball, always creating danger, and he was an absolute nuissanse when they didn't have it. As a Bayern fan, I can tell you we rarely saw a team that actually managed not to be dominated in midfield by us in the Pep era, Pogba was probably the main reason why we couldn't find our usual rhythm. His pressing was exhausting for our players. Lahm had a particularly hard time in dealing with him. That was a fantastic showing in my view.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)