Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (9 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
At this stage you'll have to look at performance. Germany, Italy and Belgium are the best teams so far. France have been underwhelming, but they're at least playing at home turf.
Your trolling is even easier to identify.

The alternatives are poor. We are unlucky, because Kompany, Lombaerts and Vertonghen are all world class but out injured. Still, I'd say we are clear favourites. We have an one fire Hazard, De Bruyne, Nainggolan, Carrasco, Mertens, Lukaku, Batshuyai,.. Wales don't have half the quality we do.
Lombaerts wouldn't even start for Birkirkara FC.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Unless they meet Germany in the final, I can actually see the Portuguese win this EURO.

As unimpressive as they look, they proved to be able to adapt to an opponent. The group stage matches were a nice preparation. They started as strong favorites, but they saw that they are not good enough to play their game and win matches. That's why they changed for 180% in the 1/8 finals and it paid off. The European Brazilians actually played an ultra defensive game. They put their pride behind because they realized that Croatia will beat them in a more open and attacking game. Surprisingly, a team that is traditionally about passing and attacking, did very well in an ultra defensive formation. They found the right balance against Poland, too. Not as defensive as against Croatia, nor as attacking and vulnerable at the back as in the group stages. It's the attack that failed against Poland, because tactically the Portuguese were spot on.
The Italians are masters of adapting, so I don't find it surprising that they're making it far with an unimpressive team. But I never expected the same from Portugal. That's why I can see them adapt to Belgium too, and eliminate them eventually. The Germans will be super strong for Portugal. But if the Italians or the French succeed against Germany, don't be surprised if an unexpectedly tactically and mentally strong Portugal pulls it off against all odds.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
@Alen :tup:

As i said they are like Italy 2.0 in the knockouts. Their defensive organization is very good. They have been Germany's bitch for a while but if Italy or France can eliminate Germany for them, i really wouldn't be surprised to see them win the trophy at all. Its two games in a row now that they've won in extra time with one via PK's. Seems they have the luck charm this year.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Considering how much EPL support there is for the welsh and belgiums, I know who i want to go through to the final. Yes this awful team called portugal but then for portugal to lose the final. Now ive found my rooting path I can go and dress up my voodoo doll.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Considering how much EPL support there is for the welsh and belgiums, I know who i want to go through to the final. Yes this awful team called portugal but then for portugal to lose the final. Now ive found my rooting path I can go and dress up my voodoo doll.
as i said, Belgium = EPL's darling team

Just need to see Witsel and Nainggolan to make the move to PL and you'll get an all EPL eleven.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope Wales makes it. Can't stand the Belgium hype.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)