Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (68 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
All those horrible teams progressing from the groups are making the championship alot less exciting. The knockout stage should be only the very best and maybe one or two suprise teams. The pitches and the draw for this cup is $#@!ed! Cant wait for wales france in the final
:agree:

i think the expanded tournament has been a mistake.

Ridiculous that half the teams coming 2nd bottom in their group get through to the knockout. If you come 3rd in an easy group, one which you still weren't good enough to come in the top half you can still get through.

Jun 6, 2015
Croatia will send them home.
Hope they do, wouldn't mind them winning the whole thing but we all know that you can't win a big tournament with a traditional striker.

- - - Updated - - -

this best 3rd team qualifies is utter bullshit, especially when Italy top their group yet get such a ridiculously hard run to the finals whilst the under achieving sides get an easier run. hope they fucking scrap it and just go back to the normal top 2 qualifies and be done with it.
They need to. Knockout stage table looks ridiculous at the moment.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Italian route to final:
Spain, Germany, France

Belgian route to final
Hungary, Wales, Croatia

Italy finished first, Belgium finished second

That's all I want to say about this cancer of a tournament

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Italian route to final:
Spain, Germany, France

Belgian route to final
Hungary, Wales, Croatia

Italy finished first, Belgium finished second

That's all I want to say about this cancer of a tournament
I wouldn't blame the format when three strong group favorites (or 4 if we include Belgium) failed to win their group. If they did, then Belgium's route to the final would have been Portugal, England, Spain.

Simply, Belgium were extremely lucky that neither of those three, as well as themselves, failed to win their group. Basically, in every format you'd get these matches if more than half of the favorites fail to win their group.
Only Germany (but only on goal difference) and France won their groups from the pre-tournament favorites. 4 failed. Of course we'd get what we got.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I wouldn't blame the format when three strong group favorites (or 4 if we include Belgium) failed to win their group. If they did, then Belgium's route to the final would have been Portugal, England, Spain.

Simply, Belgium were extremely lucky that neither of those three, as well as themselves, failed to win their group. Basically, in every format you'd get these matches if more than half of the favorites fail to win their group.
Only Germany (but only on goal difference) and France won their groups from the pre-tournament favorites. 4 failed. Of course we'd get what we got.
Of course you should. The poor quality is not only down to more poor teams. Almost every team played like it's pre-season games.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Here, if the favorites won their groups instead of finishing 2nd or 3rd:

1. Poland-Switzerland
2. Spain - Iceland

3. England-Northern Ireland
4. Portugal-Italy

5. Germany-Slovakia
6. Belgium-Croatia

7. France-Republic of Ireland
8. Wales-Hungary

It would have been muuuuch more balanced

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

:tup:

format still sucks though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)