Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (14 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I am the only one who seems nothing in Parolo, he just seems so mediocre. He made one good tackle but I really fail to see what he adds. I would much rather have Florenzi.

:agree:
dude the midfield are all pretty much mediocre on paper, de bruyne alone is worth more than the entire Italian midfield at the Euros, I thought parolo had a very industrious game offered good protection to the defence, did basically what the belgian midfield failed to do with their defence. With a midfield consisting of witsel, nainggolan and fellaini not one of them offered any screen to their defence. such an overrated side how the fuck they are ranked 2nd in the world is beyond me

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
we better fucking keep Morata, i seriously fear we'll end up replacing him with that lump of shite
We are not that stupid. Everton got him for 35m, so obviously they'll not sell for less than 40/50 like you said. We'll only spend that kind of money for players who'll give us guarantees. Beppe knows best.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
icemaη;5282795 said:
We are not that stupid. Everton got him for 35m, so obviously they'll not sell for less than 40/50 like you said. We'll only spend that kind of money for players who'll give us guarantees. Beppe knows best.
if lukaku has another shit international tournament like the last one, no big club will spend more than 50 mill, at least not a foreign club

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
dude the midfield are all pretty much mediocre on paper, de bruyne alone is worth more than the entire Italian midfield at the Euros, I thought parolo had a very industrious game offered good protection to the defence, did basically what the belgian midfield failed to do with their defence. With a midfield consisting of witsel, nainggolan and fellaini not one of them offered any screen to their defence. such an overrated side how the $#@! they are ranked 2nd in the world is beyond me
fifa rankings might as well be who they wish was good rankings

Boksic

May 11, 2005
dude the midfield are all pretty much mediocre on paper, de bruyne alone is worth more than the entire Italian midfield at the Euros, I thought parolo had a very industrious game offered good protection to the defence, did basically what the belgian midfield failed to do with their defence. With a midfield consisting of witsel, nainggolan and fellaini not one of them offered any screen to their defence. such an overrated side how the $#@! they are ranked 2nd in the world is beyond me
I don't think the midfield is as mediocre as is made out. De Rossi, Florenzi, Motta, Giaccherini have some above average qualities. Even Sturaro is excellent defensively, albeit not as good with the ball. I would agree that it certainly isn't great though. Maybe Conte likes that he is average i.e. not bad in any one area.

it's just every match I have ever seen Parolo he has been very average, I will admit that I haven't seen him other than vs Juve or Italy games but I don't understand why he is so highly rated. But maybe I just haven't watched him enough or that people like that he is an all rounder.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Conte was well prepared for Belgium. Great homework on shutting their wingers and nice transformation from defense to attack. Perfectly executed plan. Sweden and Ireland will require different approach, but no way Italy won't make it out of this group now. Most probably 1 draw will be enough for the knockouts and Italy will get it, at the very least.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I have to say, Conte has impressed me with how he has adapted this team. Not a single match winner on the team, just a hero defense, but the movement and interplay on every section of the pitch, made me feel like Italy had Hazard and the likes in their ranks. Absolutely amazing. There could not have been a better or more suited coach for such a under powered side in terms of pure skill. And he's got some tactical plans going too, bravo.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I don't think the midfield is as mediocre as is made out. De Rossi, Florenzi, Motta, Giaccherini have some above average qualities. Even Sturaro is excellent defensively, albeit not as good with the ball. I would agree that it certainly isn't great though. Maybe Conte likes that he is average i.e. not bad in any one area.

it's just every match I have ever seen Parolo he has been very average, I will admit that I haven't seen him other than vs Juve or Italy games but I don't understand why he is so highly rated. But maybe I just haven't watched him enough or that people like that he is an all rounder.
well it is rather like giaccherini, at club level (accept for Juve) he has been meh, for Italy he looks like Pele. In comparison to the other heavy weight sides Italy's midfield is very mediocre. De Rossi was basically playing the Pirlo role whilst parolo did more of the destructive and hunting down job, he has quite a decent engine and a work horse.

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
Conte was well prepared for Belgium. Great homework on shutting their wingers and nice transformation from defense to attack. Perfectly executed plan. Sweden and Ireland will require different approach, but no way Italy won't make it out of this group now. Most probably 1 draw will be enough for the knockouts and Italy will get it, at the very least.
Sweden was horrible today. The worst team I have seen on this tournament, with a lot unknown and unprepared players for championships of this range.

I dont see Conte dropping 3 points against Sweden.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)