Euro 2012 LIVE (39 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
it was too many factors that just werent in italys favour. the most important beeing how tired italy was from the start. Spain had an extra day of rest and also easier matches. I hate the tika-taka football, and find it booring as hell. i understand how it is effective especially in a tournament like euro. Imo it should simply not be allowed to pass the ball back as often as spain and barca do. in other sports like handball its a rule that prevents passive play, as it ruins the sport. If all teams started playing like barca/spain, football would suck so much. Just fuck spain!!
That's not it.

You are absolutely correct that Spain's fitness level was superior to Italy's, but it has nothing to do with the extra day rest and an easier schedule (they had France and extra-time vs Portugal). The Italians were exhausted. They just gave their all physically and mentally to reach the finals. They had to compensate the lack of quality with much more running.

This gets me back to Osman's post from some pages back. Barca are indeed superior to Juve, but tonight's match won't be repeated if Barca plays Juve. Juve will definitely have much better fitness than Italy tonight and we almost surely won't have nerve wrecking knock out matches less than a week before the match vs Barca. We will lose most probably, but a Barca-Juve will be more like Spain-Italy in the groups than Spain-Italy in the final.

Buy on AliExpress.com

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
oh, so now you guys are including the Milan players on the team ;)

I am not trolling, just trying to cheer myself up as I actually wanted Italy to win

---------- Post added 01.07.2012 at 15:41 ----------

:tup:
Fvck milan and it's players!
without juve this team wouldn't have made it to the finals.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
it was too many factors that just werent in italys favour. the most important beeing how tired italy was from the start. Spain had an extra day of rest and also easier matches. I hate the tika-taka football, and find it booring as hell. i understand how it is effective especially in a tournament like euro. Imo it should simply not be allowed to pass the ball back as often as spain and barca do. in other sports like handball its a rule that prevents passive play, as it ruins the sport. If all teams started playing like barca/spain, football would suck so much. Just fuck spain!!

i don't agree with this , if we go by this reasoning every monotone and repetitive style of play should not be allowed .

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
That's not it.

You are absolutely correct that Spain's fitness level was superior to Italy's, but it has nothing to do with the extra day rest and an easier schedule (they had France and extra-time vs Portugal). The Italians were exhausted. They just gave their all physically and mentally to reach the finals. They had to compensate the lack of quality with much more running.

This gets me back to Osman's post from some pages back. Barca are indeed superior to Juve, but tonight's match won't be repeated if Barca plays Juve. Juve will definitely have much better fitness than Italy tonight and we almost surely won't have nerve wrecking knock out matches less than a week before the match vs Barca. We will lose most probably, but a Barca-Juve will be more like Spain-Italy in the groups than Spain-Italy in the final.
i agree about the day, it not so important. But spains style of play, is very relaxing and they use much less energy than other teams. Its boring and if nothing is done about it, all teams will go down this road, even more so seeing how spain dominates with this style. Its is easy finding players that can make 2-3 or 10 meter passes, back and forth and back and forth.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
i don't agree with this , if we go by this reasoning every monotone and repetitive style of play should not be allowed .
hehe i know ppl dont agree with it, but i just hate their style so much. But my point was not against monotone or repetitive style, but against the unwillingness to try to score. they try but never take any risks and can pass the ball for minutes just back and sideways to the goalkeeper. its a very passive form of play. Like i said in handball it is not allowed to just pass the ball around for a long time, not going for goal. in football it is infact easy just passing the ball around the team, its just not "normal" not going for the goal, as other teams does. Spain was boring the whole tournament, and was kinda lucky against italy. scoring on their first chances, and even italy played with 10 men for 30 min.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Barca-Juve most definitely won't be like this game, with a much higher level of physical fitness and pressing all over the pitch, they won't be able to dominate smooth fluent possession, go into panic mode and then we'll hit em hard where it hurts. but we must acquire that lethal front line first.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
i agree about the day, it not so important. But spains style of play, is very relaxing and they use much less energy than other teams. Its boring and if nothing is done about it, all teams will go down this road, even more so seeing how spain dominates with this style. Its is easy finding players that can make 2-3 or 10 meter passes, back and forth and back and forth.
In fact it is so easy that they are there is only one team in the world that does that , i don't get the reasoning here , fuck if it is so easy and so efficent why don't other teams use that already ?

The answer is because without xavi iniesta and fabregas it it is not possible , without players that are infused with this mentality since young it is not possible .
You say it like everyone is motherfucking iniesta

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
In fact it is so easy that they are there is only one team in the world that does that , i don't get the reasoning here , $#@! if it is so easy and so efficent why don't other teams use that already ?

The answer is because without xavi iniesta and fabregas it it is not possible , without players that are infused with this mentality since young it is not possible .
You say it like everyone is mother$#@! iniesta
Hear hear. The fact is that 4-6-0 doesn't work at all unless the midfield is pretty much without flaws - both in terms of quality and cohesion. Any lapses will produce less than stellar, if not disastrous, results. But if the gears are running, as they were today, it is unstoppable. It is pretty much a tactical privilege only Spain can exploit.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
hehe i know ppl dont agree with it, but i just hate their style so much. But my point was not against monotone or repetitive style, but against the unwillingness to try to score. they try but never take any risks and can pass the ball for minutes just back and sideways to the goalkeeper. its a very passive form of play. Like i said in handball it is not allowed to just pass the ball around for a long time, not going for goal. in football it is infact easy just passing the ball around the team, its just not "normal" not going for the goal, as other teams does. Spain was boring the whole tournament, and was kinda lucky against italy. scoring on their first chances, and even italy played with 10 men for 30 min.
1 If they banned everything that i don't like i would probably be the best in every sport i participate , king of the world , most richest man in earth and a lot of other things
2 True , in basketball also after 24 sec the ball goes to the opposition , but there is a crucial difference the first two are sports played by hand and if they actually wanted to they could keep the ball for 10 hours and the opposing team still wouldn't get the ball even if their opposition is much more talented than them , it is easier getting the ball from the legs rather than the hands and in football it needs a lot of talent to be able to keep the ball like they do . And even if it actually get's applied the time would still be very big considering that the field is much bigger so spain would keep the ball for let's say 4 min than the opposing team keeps it for 1-2 min than spain again for 4min which wold still result in the same possesion
3 No

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Man, I'm sooo disappointed, that I can't even put it into words! If Italy would've lost it wouldn't have been that bad...but they got destroyed, and the way players played..my God! At times I thought they weren't even trying bar Buffon\Pirlo, everyone was shit! Pure shit! I couldn't watch it pass the 75th minute. I left my friend's house, couple minutes later I get my phone flooded with text telling me it's 4-0 final score :sergio:

Man if I knew shit would've been like that I would've rather lost to the Germans. 4-0 in a final is the ultimate humiliation. Doesn't even matter, you don't even need to look at the game, the score itself will speak for itself for DECADES! 4-0...goddamn!

---------- Post added 01.07.2012 at 16:48 ----------

Fuck and I don't even want to look at my FB account...shiiit.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Hear hear. The fact is that 4-6-0 doesn't work at all unless the midfield is pretty much without flaws - both in terms of quality and cohesion. Any lapses will produce less than stellar, if not disastrous, results. But if the gears are running, as they were today, it is unstoppable. It is pretty much a tactical privilege only Spain can exploit.
personally i don't like the 460 i thought spain would have lost with that formation and was of the idea of playing with a proper striker , but still you can not ban the gameplay of another squad just because they beat you

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
personally i don't like the 460 i thought spain would have lost with that formation and was of the idea of playing with a proper stroler , but still you can not ban the gameplay of another squad just because they beat you
Well don't be fooled that 4-6-0 doesn't employ strikers. In essence it is a 4-6-6. The midfielders when needed become the strikers. But the demand on the midfield would then become obvious, hence why teams other than Spain can't replicate it without success.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
In fact it is so easy that they are there is only one team in the world that does that , i don't get the reasoning here , fuck if it is so easy and so efficent why don't other teams use that already ?

You say it like everyone is motherfucking iniesta
hehehe no ofcourse they are not all iniesta. Without him spain would have struggled even more, course xavi was only good in the final. like all tactics players would have to train for that specific tactic, but its not like other couldnt do it, even without iniesta. but imo spain clearly was missing messi, as he creates and scores everything for barca. barca without messi is not very scary going forward. imo the tactic is boring as spain have proved through most of the tournament. They tactic as more about frustating and tirering the opponent and than go forward. It has an mental effect on the other team also when not in possesion for so much of a game. Again there are other sporst that dont allow passive play to go on for long periodes of time as it destroys the sport.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
1 If they banned everything that i don't like i would probably be the best in every sport i participate , king of the world , most richest man in earth and a lot of other things
2 True , in basketball also after 24 sec the ball goes to the opposition , but there is a crucial difference the first two are sports played by hand and if they actually wanted to they could keep the ball for 10 hours and the opposing team still wouldn't get the ball even if their opposition is much more talented than them , it is easier getting the ball from the legs rather than the hands and in football it needs a lot of talent to be able to keep the ball like they do . And even if it actually get's applied the time would still be very big considering that the field is much bigger so spain would keep the ball for let's say 4 min than the opposing team keeps it for 1-2 min than spain again for 4min which wold still result in the same possesion
3 No
its the same for football. Good teams could just pass the ball around for very long periods of time, not just spain or barca. If that was the goal and tactics of any team, they would become very good at that, even without the best players in the world.

---------- Post added 02.07.2012 at 01:06 ----------

Well don't be fooled that 4-6-0 doesn't employ strikers. In essence it is a 4-6-6. The midfielders when needed become the strikers. But the demand on the midfield would then become obvious, hence why teams other than Spain can't replicate it without success.
hehe 4-6-6? spain clearly struggled in matches to create good chances. Its another story if they get the first goal, as the other team than is starved for the ball, moves forward or become recless and exposed in defence. its a passive and ugly tactics, and makes football more boring. You see that when the scores is 0-0.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Prandelli went a little psycho with three subs at halftime. That was outright reckless, IMO.
:agree:

hehehe no ofcourse they are not all iniesta. Without him spain would have struggled even more, course xavi was only good in the final. like all tactics players would have to train for that specific tactic, but its not like other couldnt do it, even without iniesta. but imo spain clearly was missing messi, as he creates and scores everything for barca. barca without messi is not very scary going forward. imo the tactic is boring as spain have proved through most of the tournament. They tactic as more about frustating and tirering the opponent and than go forward. It has an mental effect on the other team also when not in possesion for so much of a game. Again there are other sporst that dont allow passive play to go on for long periodes of time as it destroys the sport.
have you seen iniesta play ? he is 5 steps higher than any other middfielder in the world at what he does

Well can't blame him on Cheillini. But indeed reckless on the rest though.
yes you can , chiellini from the moment that entered the field was walking ankwardly , he shouldn't have played at all , you should actually be saying that you can't blame him on motta getting injured , than again he deserved that for putting him in the field in first place

its the same for football. Good teams could just pass the ball around for very long periods of time, not just spain or barca. If that was the goal and tactics of any team, they would become very good at that, even without the best players in the world.
Exactly good teams against teams who are inferior to them , in basketball if a very bad team get's a lucky streak of 8 points thay can keep the ball even from a much more talented team and win the match , in football only teams who are clearly superior to the opposition are able to do that so you are practially banning their gameplan just because they are better at playing football than you are

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Credit to spain for the win, but their football is still ridiculously boring. Obviously winning three titles in a row is a HUGE milestone and I doubt we'll ever see that again, but I still put them behind many other international winning sides due to the lack of entertainment in their play. Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)