Euro 2012 LIVE (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
How can Italy still win the group Alen? I don't understand. Because heir draw record with Spain and Croatia had more goals in it? Assuming the circumstances that they win against Ireland and Spain Croatia draw.
In case of teams ending on equal points, a mini table is created with those three teams, without counting their result against the fourth team in the group.

So if Croatia-Spain ends 0:0 and Italy beats Ireland, the mini table will be created for these three teams and these three results:

Spain-Italy 1:1
Croatia-Italy 1:1
Spain-Croatia 0:0

1. Italy 2 pts (2:2)
2. Spain 2 pts (1:1)
3. Croatia 2 pts (1:1)

Italy wins the group

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Croatia can too suffer from the mini table rule if Spain and Croatia play 0:0 and Italy beats Ireland 1:0.

Italy will win the group on equal points with Spain and Croatia, despite the poorer goal difference than both Croatia and Spain.
True. But to me it's not just about this particular situation. To be fair I only support this Italy team, because one of my best friends is Italian and Marchisio and Buffon play for them. With Del Piero not playing for them anymore, my enthusiasm has really gone downhill. I just dislike this type of situations. Team can calculate and schem and decide who they want to kick out. I don't think it will happen here, because Spain don't need it and no one wants to be called a cheat.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't think it will happen here, because Spain don't need it and no one wants to be called a cheat.
Some teams can fix a 2:2 and still leave a doubt if it was fixed or not. But a 2:2 in Croatia-Spain will have to be a blatantly obvious fix. Croatia simply can't score 2 past Spain without the world knowing that Spain are letting them score. It was different on Denmark-Sweden, where teams were of equal quality. This time it just can't be fixed without everyone being sure that it's fixed.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Some teams can fix a 2:2 and still leave a doubt if it was fixed or not. But a 2:2 in Croatia-Spain will have to be a blatantly obvious fix. Croatia simply can't score 2 past Spain without the world knowing that Spain are letting them score. It was different on Denmark-Sweden, where teams were of equal quality. This time it just can't be fixed without everyone being sure that it's fixed.
Exactly. If it ends 2-2, it is rigged. No doubt about it. And because Spain's reputation is huge, they can't risk it. Besides, I know a guy who apparently is best friends with Del Bosque's son. I don't know him all that well, basically spent a week with him and a couple of my mates in Bologna trying to find an appartment for him because he was starting his Erasmus when I was leaving, but he tells me Del Bosque would never accept such an offer.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
The pressure is on the poles though, they're playing at home, need the win, and they have never won a match in the euros before.
true, but the Poles tend to play well in front of a home crowd and I think they will come out all guns blazing for this one. The Czechs are weak mentally, imo and will falter eventually.
a scoring draw is indeed a very likely result, even 2-2 and especially 1-1, but I think the Poles will ride the adrenaline to win it.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
true, but the Poles tend to play well in front of a home crowd and I think they will come out all guns blazing for this one. The Czechs are weak mentally, imo and will falter eventually.
a scoring draw is indeed a very likely result, even 2-2 and especially 1-1, but I think the Poles will ride the adrenaline to win it.
:touched: i hope so!

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
No doubt, the European FB have been extremely poor.

Debuchy - Hummels - Badstuber - Lahm/Coentrao
Pirlo - Schweinsteiger
Dzagoev - Nasri - Ribery
Gomez

team of the first two rounds imo.
Just change Nasri with Iniesta, and there's definetely a CB that played better than Olger.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Just change Nasri with Iniesta, and there's definetely a CB that played better than Olger.
Olger is actually quite underrated imo, his positioning is good, he isn't afraid of going into any challanges yet he is composed with his tackles and is quite a good passer.

Name me CBs that performed better than Olger? most have been underwhelming/inconsistent.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Olger is actually quite underrated imo, his positioning is good, he isn't afraid of going into any challanges yet he is composed with his tackles and is quite a good passer.

Name me CBs that performed better than Olger? most have been underwhelming/inconsistent.
I don't know, i think Chiellini should've been there if not for his mistake for Croatia's goal.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
No doubt, the European FB have been extremely poor.

Debuchy - Hummels - Badstuber - Lahm/Coentrao
Pirlo - Schweinsteiger
Dzagoev - Nasri - Ribery
Gomez

team of the first two rounds imo.
mah boadstuber , every time i see him i think he will do a massive fuck up

---------- Post added 16.06.2012 at 11:09 ----------

i also agree with this

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I dont think the Sweden-Denmark game was fixed, in the sense that they agreed before the game that they would play 2-2.

I think they played a normal game, but when the score got to 2-2 nobody had the incentive to try to score another goal, because they were both through it was riskier to attack and to risk not qualifying at alll than to sit back and wait for the game to finish.

Thats not fixing a game, thats two teams having nothing to play for and being happy with the result rather than taking more risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)