Euro 2008 LIVE (51 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Job requirements: Must be able to play an all-Milan midfield. :p
and fuck up a tournament final match in 15 minutes after going 3-0 up .

I hate ancelotti :melayyanandmessi:

Lippi needs to come back and sort out this mess. He must be thinking "after all my hard work, you come in and piss it all up.."
This isn't about who you hate or like. Ancelotti is the best candidate for the job, and rightfully so. The guy is a winner and a good coach when it comes to managing tournament teams as proven by taking Milan to 3 CL finals in 5 years.

Ideally it would be either him, or Capello. FIGC fucked up by not hiring Capello instead of Donadoni, so it has to be Ancelotti.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Geof

May 14, 2004
I'd prefer Prandelli because they'll need to integrate a lot of young players for the 2010 WC. I hope the likes of Montolivo, Giovinco, Rossi, Maggio, etc. will step up by then, and Prandelli would be a good coach for such a team. He's certainly better at integrating youth than Carlo.

It might be a bit too early for these guys though. I mean, qualifiers start in September, right?

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
Donadoni has taken stupidity to extraordinary heights.

:doh:

---

Euro-Donadoni’s future to be discussed soon
VIENNA, June 22 (Reuters) - Roberto Donadoni’s position as Italy coach will be discussed in the coming days after the world champions were eliminated in the Euro 2008 quarter-finals on Sunday, Italian soccer federation chief Giancarlo Abete said.

Italy stuttered throughout the tournament and lost 4-2 on penalties to Spain after a 0-0 draw.

Donadoni, who took over from Marcello Lippi after the 2006 World Cup triumph, signed a two-year contract extension just before the tournament but an escape clause allows the coach or the federation to terminate the deal now.

“After the game, not right after the game, we will assess the Euro campaign and decide what will happen,” Abete told a news conference.

“Although we have lost we have held the name of Italian football high. I can say that in the next few days we are going to meet and talk about it.

“We are aware that our overall capacity and skills have certainly not reached the level expected.”

Donadoni showed no signs of wanting to quit and said he was happy with his players.

“You know the structure of my contract. I’m relaxed about it. What the federation decides is fine by me. I can’t give you answers on things I can’t control,” he said.

“I am proud of my team, proud of the football they have been able to produce. There was no more energy left in any of them.”

Donadoni, a top midfielder for Italy in the 1980s and early 90s, had little managerial experience when he was appointed national coach two years ago.

Lippi has been out of football since stepping down after the World Cup victory and Italian media have said he is in pole position to take over again should Donadoni be sacked.

---

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Donadoni has taken stupidity to extraordinary heights.

:doh:
Definately...

Donadoni proud of Italy

Roberto Donadoni insists Italy leave Euro 2008 “with our heads held high” after a shoot-out exit to Spain.

“It is a shame to go out on penalties and my disappointment is for the lads who gave everything,” said the Coach.

It was 0-0 after 120 minutes and the quarter-final was decided on penalties. Curiously Donadoni missed a penalty in the 1990 World Cup semi-final shoot-out against Argentina, was in the 1994 side that lost the World Cup Final on penalties and as a Coach now went out of Euro 2008.

“Perhaps I don’t have the best record with penalties, but once again this squad proved it is a real united team.

“The players should be proud of what they have achieved and, although we go out of the tournament, we were unbeaten on the field.

“I think Italy are proud of this team and what they have achieved. I am proud of these lads and have spent two years with them from the start of qualifying, experiencing every moment in fantastic fashion and nobody can take that away from us, regardless of the result.”

Alessandro Del Piero was a late substitute in extra time and Donadoni revealed the reasoning behind that decision.

“I could have introduced Del Piero earlier, but we had a problem with De Rossi and a knock, so I risked being left with 10 men. Daniele was stoic and everyone fought so hard right to the end.

“These lads have the right values and to see them cry at the final whistle hurts my heart. Unfortunately this is our profession and can bring nights like this as well as great joy.”

channel 4
------------
:wth:

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
Definately...

Donadoni proud of Italy

Roberto Donadoni insists Italy leave Euro 2008 “with our heads held high” after a shoot-out exit to Spain.

“It is a shame to go out on penalties and my disappointment is for the lads who gave everything,” said the Coach.

It was 0-0 after 120 minutes and the quarter-final was decided on penalties. Curiously Donadoni missed a penalty in the 1990 World Cup semi-final shoot-out against Argentina, was in the 1994 side that lost the World Cup Final on penalties and as a Coach now went out of Euro 2008.

“Perhaps I don’t have the best record with penalties, but once again this squad proved it is a real united team.

“The players should be proud of what they have achieved and, although we go out of the tournament, we were unbeaten on the field.

“I think Italy are proud of this team and what they have achieved. I am proud of these lads and have spent two years with them from the start of qualifying, experiencing every moment in fantastic fashion and nobody can take that away from us, regardless of the result.”

Alessandro Del Piero was a late substitute in extra time and Donadoni revealed the reasoning behind that decision.

“I could have introduced Del Piero earlier, but we had a problem with De Rossi and a knock, so I risked being left with 10 men. Daniele was stoic and everyone fought so hard right to the end.

“These lads have the right values and to see them cry at the final whistle hurts my heart. Unfortunately this is our profession and can bring nights like this as well as great joy.”

channel 4
------------

dona is actually pleased with the game.

and in true donadoni style only he would be pleased with it

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Stop blaming Donadoni for De Rossi's missed penalty.As far as I know players can choose if they feel good enough to shoot a penalty.De Rossi took the responsibility and failed,fine.Hardly Donadoni's fault.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Because Donadoni is a f*ck up..

I would agree with Lion,Ancelotti could do well with the Azzurri..Prandelli would certainly be great,but i doubt Fiorentina will want to let him go..I dont know,I still give my vote to Casiraghi..
I was thinking Casiraghi might take over after the Olympics. I wouldn't mind either, he would be able to integrate youth into the senior team.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Stop blaming Donadoni for De Rossi's missed penalty.As far as I know players can choose if they feel good enough to shoot a penalty.De Rossi took the responsibility and failed,fine.Hardly Donadoni's fault.

So it makes this comment sound pretty silly.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Nothing really to say about the match. It was there for either side to take and neither side wanted it, though you could say the Referee had a little to do with the outcome. Either way the Russia - Spain rematch should be a good one in the Semis. Like Jack said, it will be interesting to see what Gus does differently and if Spain make any adjustments as well.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
an arrogant twat that kicked italy out of the tournament.
No idea how Cesc is arrogant. I've never seen him do something even remotely arrogant, nothing like Ronaldo.

Spain didn't really deserve it...kept the ball throughout the game and didn't manage to create 1 meaningful opportunity.
That's just pathetic nonsense, Ahmed. It's also insulting to Buffon who saved Italy about five times from "meaningful opportunities."

Take off the glasses, people.

This is true. Good call.

And in my opinion De Rossi is an overrated player as well, just like Aquilani.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)