Euro 2004 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
I know I said something else. But I just had to comment on this bit... Yes, you had some progress from 94' to 98'... you got further the second time. But then you got knocked out of the first round in Euro 2000... that's downhill... not much but it's not progress. Then you didn't qualify for WC 2002, which we all agree is another step down the ladder... right? Which leeds us back to my point. Not much progress!
I don't agree, and it's not important IMO. Don't know how to say it in English, and I don't know if you know the economic expression, men vi er inne i en lavkonjunktur, det kommer til å gå opp igjen.
We didn't qualify for the WC, but probably will for the EC. Our form is a bit unstabile, it doesn't matter, as the point is we're at a point were can qualify for big things, something that's never been the case before.

Let's get back to the point. I said that Denmark and Sweden are better teams. Then you replied (a bit harshly!) and brought the style of play and the progress bit into the discussion. Cool, but I don't see how your arguments proves that Norway are a better team than the neighbours.

The results, the progress... Both teams have done better than Norway in that department... and also in "the style of play" department.
Here you go where I didn't want to go earlier, but fair enough. You say they have done better in the "style of play" department like it is a fact. OK. I didn't know Carling Opta or someone else had tables for that. Could you provide a link?

And I don't see your argumentation for Denmark or Sweden being better. You say you're the better team, when we're currently tied in our group if I'm not mistaking.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Congrats for the win Eric :D
Did you see Overmars goal :eek: yesterday it was stunning.Dumming 3 players and blazing a wonderful shot in the back of the net.Excellent Goal.

Who is No 9 For Romania that guy scored a wonderful classy chip.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++
Congrats for the win Eric :D
Did you see Overmars goal :eek: yesterday it was stunning.Dumming 3 players and blazing a wonderful shot in the back of the net.Excellent Goal.

Who is No 9 For Romania that guy scored a wonderful classy chip.
I thought Kluivert's goal was better actually :strong:

I think #9 for RO is Mutu...

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Good luck - they have some A-class players. Chivu, LoBont, Mutu..!
Thanks, I still surprised we managed to beat them in Romania. I hope Semb learned from yesterdays match.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Slovenia won? Noooo ... I so much wanted Israel to win :down:

I say knock 'em out, Scotland!! :strong:

The bigger they are the harder they fall.
Those suckers are goin' down:devil:

We'll, we can all live and hope anyway:frown:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

I don't agree, and it's not important IMO. Don't know how to say it in English, and I don't know if you know the economic expression, men vi er inne i en lavkonjunktur, det kommer til å gå opp igjen.
We didn't qualify for the WC, but probably will for the EC. Our form is a bit unstabile, it doesn't matter, as the point is we're at a point were can qualify for big things, something that's never been the case before.
Yes you're at that point, but that's not something new... you've done it before. If you (or when you) qualify for the Euro 2004, will that be bigger than your qualification for WC 98 or Euro 2000???

Here you go where I didn't want to go earlier, but fair enough. You say they have done better in the "style of play" department like it is a fact. OK. I didn't know Carling Opta or someone else had tables for that. Could you provide a link?
It is a fact! No, I can't provide that link, cuz fortunately the game isn't played on paper. You said it yourself, the way Norway plays is boring. It's a one track way, where as Sweden and Denmark are on another level. If something goes wrong, they can transform their game, when Norway just keeps pounding thoose long balls up in the air.

I think many would agree with me. Don't you think it's funny, that only Norweigans like this style of play.

Why don't you complain. I would! When Denmark only used the flanks I was pissed. The only weapon we had was our fast wingers and we even kept using them when it was clearly not working. We were still winning like Norway are now... but it's ugly and we wanted a change. The nation protested, Olsen finally got it through his thick skull and changed the tactics. Now we, like Sweden, play the game on various levels, whilst Norway are still using the same old air-rade.

And I don't see your argumentation for Denmark or Sweden being better. You say you're the better team, when we're currently tied in our group if I'm not mistaking.
Yeah... we're tied up, but we wouldn't be if Denmarks wasn't robbed of the victory in Oslo. Carews goal should never have been allowed. John himself even admitted it on danish television...

But hey... I hope Norway wins their remaining matches, after all... you're Scandinavians ;)
All the best of luck to ya.

The next match is against Romania right? They've got a very shaky defence... I'm almost 100% sure that you'll win that one. Who is your last two opponents and where? Can't remember, and to lazy to check it out myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)