Euro 2004 Penalty Takers (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

I wouldn't jump to a conclusion based on that. I don't have any stats to back me up but as far I recall, Zidane vigorously accepts the penalty duty for his national team. He's not one of those who takes all penalties wherever he goes but for France he usually takes them iirc. I guess it would bore him to take them at club level too.. :D
Dude, that's why I said it wasn't a decisive factor :D And I know what you mean. Zidane took France's penos in Euro 2000 iirc.

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I just thought it'd be useful to know who'll be taking the penalties for each country e.g. for fantasy football purposes

Tell me if anyone disagrees with my guesses:

Portugal - Luis Figo
Spain - Raul
Greece - Nikoladis
Russia - Mostovoi

France - Henry/Zidane
England - Beckham (i don't think Owen)
Switzerland - Yakin
Croatia - Prso

Italy - Del Piero/Totti
Sweden - Kallstrom (Larsson?)
Denmark - Tomasson
Bulgaria - Berbatov/Petrov

Czech Rep - Koller
Germany - Ballack
Holland - Van Nistelrooy
Latvia - Verposkosis
Raul would not take a penalty for Spain, it might be Vicente or Valeron or even Morientes but Raul wouldn't

Italy , it would definitely be Dp

France, Id say Zidane or even Trez ahead of Henry

England---Becks

Latvia ----dont think they would get a penalty:D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juve89 ] ++
it would have been better ifnedved took the panalties for czech
I dont remember the last time he took a penalty for Juve. In fact, I dont think he ever did.

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #29
    Oh, I thought you were joking and it's obvious :D

Hakan of course, since Murat's a defender (i know, defenders take penalties too but whatever :)) and Hakan's got one of my favourite left feet in the game :D

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    It will be either Totti or Del Piero for Italy. But that's a 50/50. Vieri can't take penalties. He's not event he main penalty taker in Inter.
    im sure it will be DP, last game they play'd and both of them was on the pitch, DP did take a penalty, not totti... :p
    anyway, guy's do u know that DP is the second Capitano for Azzurri, after canna..! :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

im sure it will be DP, last game they play'd and both of them was on the pitch, DP did take a penalty, not totti... :p
    When was this? :undecide:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Oh, I thought you were joking and it's obvious :D

Hakan of course, since Murat's a defender (i know, defenders take penalties too but whatever :)) and Hakan's got one of my favourite left feet in the game :D
    Thanks. I honestly wasn't sure because I checked Murat Yakin's profile and it said that he scored in the Euro qualis so I thought that maybe he was the peno taker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)