Euro 2004: Italy - Denmark (Group C) (2 Viewers)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by the phoenix ] ++
I'm not sure I agree with some of these ratings, but Del Piero absolutely deserves a better rating than Cassano at LEAST!! Ask yourself did Cassano really play better?
You can't compare their play as Del Piero started and played for 75% of the match....

Cassano 25% of the match.

They were both equally absent and its pointless to say WHO was worse..whats the point?
Its about WHO PLAYED WELL...this is not a popularity contest.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
It was a boring game...Italy did nearly nothing in the game, exceptm for Totti's shot in the first half then the chance wasted by Totti and Del Piero...in the second half Zambrotta and Vieri wasted two chances

Anyway, Denmark played a good game

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
I agree with Incubo. Why still compare players. Youll be doing that till Italy go out in this cup or even if they win it. Stop it, friggin pointless. I liked how Nesta and Canna played but as far as im concerned Piero Totti and Vieri shouldve all played in defense:D The tactics straight up were not suited for them and still people are saying DP is crap what did he do, hes human. A goal wouldve been a plus 0-0 is still good. Camo looking like he just came off the set of The Last Samurai:D Fiore should play next game and I know Italy dont play holding football but still somehow always get to the final stages of cups by letting the opposition have the ball but I really think Pirlo should be tried out next game because they need to contain the ball in Midfield more otherswise it will become harder and harder to win. Lets see what Trap goes for. I still like Italys defensive style but only if they can score a goal or 2 then defend but they really need to make use of the 3 forwards in Totti-DP-Vieri and play for them. So I hope Trap does something about that cause the greatest player in the world Zidane said in 2002 that Italy have the best forwards in world football but they never make proper use of them.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #226
    70% of you know are putting the blame on Dp... damn i know he didn't played that well , But lets not forget Totti and Vieri and others...Then i don't see Cassano changin with Dp , it should b Di vaio ... Cassan should replace vieri Not Dp . ... P.s i really want to see gattuso playing more then Pirlo ... Gattuso is fighting attacking , thats how it should be played , as for Pirlo , he is in good shape , but if he comes in , it's Gonna be too Attack ! anyhow plz ppl stop blaming Dp for god sake !

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

That is not saying much because that entire line was uncreative, out of form, etc. This is probably the only time Del Piero played at par with his forwards because they were all lame ducks. How is there any damn justificiation to bench Pirlo?? The system doesn't fit him?? Did you see this system...no creativity...no passing...no team work..no connection..no chemistry. Camoranesi was not even playing a damn position...what was he doing?
    Zanetti-Perrotta both?? Give me a freaking break....Fiore a back up??
    You know I kept telling myself the whole week that TRAP. is an experienced coach and there is a reason he is excluding Fiore and Pirlo and probably saw something we didn't...yeah..he sure did...he saw the garbage we had to see today.
    I think this team can turn it around with some motivation and a few changes.
    However, BEWARE..the next game will not test this team as it should..Bulgaria seems to be weak and the press bettern not pull out a blue rosy sky after a two-three goal win.
    nicko i understood trap was a moron since WC 02

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

nicko i understood trap was a moron since WC 02
    you should have shown me the light then Don.

I just realized I made a mistake (it happens) and we play SWEDEN Friday..GREAT...Danes could easily beat Bulgaria...and then the water level rises for Italy...they better come up big against Sweden if not the Bulgaria game will be do or die.

I think offensively the best player was Zambrotta even if he played at D..like I said for MONTHS ..he is lethal on the flanks but they insist on playing him D...which he did more than well today BUT he on the left..Fiore on the right..COME ON!! Changes the boring Zanetti-Perrotta-Camo shite. Then throw Pirlo in between them ...

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    Its funny to see how short our memory is...This Italy is about the same we saw in Korea WC, and the same we had been seeing for the last twenty years....Probably a kind of cultural dejà vu who always come back to make a group of very talented superstars to display a very frighten, mezquine, poor football..regularly, this is the way we introduce our team in the next phase...but probably , this time it would be not enough.
    And dont loose time thinking if some player changes will will do the job....its a matter of attittude.

Jun 15, 2004
    THE GAME WAS A TOTAL DISGRACE !!!!!!!
    I HAVE BEEN WAITING 2 YEARS FOR THIS EVENT SINCE LAS WORLD CUP....I PUT ALL MY HEART INTO THIS DAY. I CANT ACCEPT THIS KIND OF BULLSHITTT. I 100% FAULT OF ITALYS STUPID DISPLAY IS TRAPPATONI. THAT IDIOT DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HES DOING. WHEN U PLAY A 4 - 2 - 3 -1 FORMATION U CANT PLAY LIKE WHAT U DID TODAY. and he was not even capable of going to a 4 4 2 lineup. not only that...he doesnt understand...that danish were in better physical level..and someone like del piero cannot play vs them cause its just stupid. its obvious he was not gonna do anything. but i dont care about that....trappatoni has 100% blame and i swear i feel like punching him now. already after me beeing pissed off because he left gilardino out of the euro. i hope someone reallly knows about football to discuss with me. tactically it was just a disgrace and trap didnt even think of changing it

Jun 15, 2004
    im so sad ...i feel depressed all day. my anger on trap is so huge at this moment. i hope we win vs sweden and if we dont id really go to portugal and do my best to hit him with something. im sorry to all of u if i sound rude...but im just a crazy fanatic....that plays and know a lot about football. todays game was just pathetic. of course i send my heart and love to cannavaro nesta and specially buffon. they wer exceptional. and i also want to quote that...TODAY....its NOT that the players played bad.....it was all because of traps tactics that players couldnt work it out and it looked as if they wer playing bad.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
    Its funny to see how short our memory is...This Italy is about the same we saw in Korea WC, and the same we had been seeing for the last twenty years....Probably a kind of cultural dejà vu who always come back to make a group of very talented superstars to display a very frighten, mezquine, poor football..regularly, this is the way we introduce our team in the next phase...but probably , this time it would be not enough.
    And dont loose time thinking if some player changes will will do the job....its a matter of attittude.
    Attitude?? Keep Pirlo on the bench..maybe his creative and fantasy will make its way on the field if the other players have the right attitude :cheesy:
    So Del Piero has had the wrong attitude in the past and this is the reason he did not shine at the tournaments??
    The fact of the matter is that a player like Pirlo was still on the bench when the team lacked creativity and passing in midfield...no fvckin sense.

River

Jun 15, 2004
    Come on its hardly that bad.

Italy were pretty good, and it was the first game in very hot conditions. Denmark are not that bad, cant expect to beat them easily. They just beat england easily a while ago.

I hope Del Piero dosent lose his starting place. He came closest to scoring and was linking up well with Zambrotta. Imagine Del Piero had those Totti free kicks ;)

And isnt Zambrotta a winger? Why the hell is he left back. He is amazing at breaking down the sides, get him in Midfield:D

I also wanted to see Pirlo, i havent had the pleasure of seeing him play but i hear good things. Gattuso on the bench is also a crime.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

That is not saying much because that entire line was uncreative, out of form, etc. This is probably the only time Del Piero played at par with his forwards because they were all lame ducks. How is there any damn justificiation to bench Pirlo?? The system doesn't fit him?? Did you see this system...no creativity...no passing...no team work..no connection..no chemistry. Camoranesi was not even playing a damn position...what was he doing?
    Zanetti-Perrotta both?? Give me a freaking break....Fiore a back up??
    You know I kept telling myself the whole week that TRAP. is an experienced coach and there is a reason he is excluding Fiore and Pirlo and probably saw something we didn't...yeah..he sure did...he saw the garbage we had to see today.
    I think this team can turn it around with some motivation and a few changes.
    However, BEWARE..the next game will not test this team as it should..Bulgaria seems to be weak and the press bettern not pull out a blue rosy sky after a two-three goal win.
    One million percent agreed !!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the exception of Buffon and the defense, the whole team was SHIT !!!!

Totti should take those damn braids from his hair and SHOVE THEM STRAIGHT UP HIS ASS............HE SUCKED BIG TIME !!!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

Italy were pretty good, and it was the first game in very hot conditions. Denmark are not that bad, cant expect to beat them easily. They just beat england easily a while ago.

I hope Del Piero dosent lose his starting place. He came closest to scoring and was linking up well with Zambrotta. Imagine Del Piero had those Totti free kicks ;)

And isnt Zambrotta a winger? Why the hell is he left back. He is amazing at breaking down the sides, get him in Midfield:D

I also wanted to see Pirlo, i havent had the pleasure of seeing him play but i hear good things. Gattuso on the bench is also a crime.
    Welcome to the forums River

I want Del Piero to start next game too, and Cassano didn't do anything to warrant a starting place. In fact, he tried some stupid things and not a single pass of his found a teammate.

Yes, Zambro is a winger, and a handful of us (myself included) have been yelling for him to be restored to his right midfield role for ages now. Hopefully Capello knows better than Lippi, and we'll sign a good left-back so Zambro can maraud the wings.

As for Pirlo, everyone except for Trap wants him to be in the starting lineup, but we'll just have to wait and see. I get the feeling that when he does come on, he won't be sitting on the bench again. The guy's just great. Gattuso and Pirlo should definitely start as the midfield pairing, but again, Trap is the only person in the world who doesn't know that

Eop05

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

Do you watch soccer dude? Or are you another one of those people that only watch the Euro Championship and the World Cup???

Zambrotta has been a left fullback for 2 full years now.

River

Jun 15, 2004
    Gotta keep something for later ;)

Cassano i think is pretty useless from what ive seen of him with Roma.
    See his first pass when he came on the field? What the hell was that all about :D

And yeah Buffon, Nesta and Cannavaro are Gods, but everyone knows that :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)