Euro 2004 Dream Team (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Ok safe. Originally I had checked Uefa.com, but it said that this season's competition was over. I guess they had a seperate comp for the qualifiers and that sorta stuff..

OP
Tom

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #23
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

If this is to win from the sun then you ought to bear some things in mind

Pick players, you are sure would start and in your line up, Deco and Sneijder are suspect

Pick players from teams you are sure to get to semis and that might hamper Svensson and Kahn

But you never know
    All perfectly valid points, but there's a transfer window after the group stages, so the likes of kahn and Svensson will be out more likely than not. Pkus players from France, italy etc are hugely overvalued, its nigh on impossible to make a team from quarter finalists. Plus you can have two from each country only.

Sneijder I agree is suepect, but then we never really know what lineup the Netherlands will field. Deco should definitely start.

Martin, I'd like to see you come up with sommink better :D

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

All perfectly valid points, but there's a transfer window after the group stages, so the likes of kahn and Svensson will be out more likely than not. Pkus players from France, italy etc are hugely overvalued, its nigh on impossible to make a team from quarter finalists. Plus you can have two from each country only.

Sneijder I agree is suepect, but then we never really know what lineup the Netherlands will field. Deco should definitely start.

Martin, I'd like to see you come up with sommink better :D
    you should really drop kahn. germans will play the dutch and czechs, two of better attackling sides, germans are very likely to concede and concede a lot. better alternatives there. i say, portugals keeper. geez, even david james is better in this case.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    [/B] originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Alright, who's doing a Euro 2k04 dream team? Let us know any decent online dream team games in here, and show us your teams. Please bear in mind that player prices vary in different games so some teams might be marginally superior to others :D

------------------------------------Kahn(GER)--------------------------------------

Nuno Valente(POR)-M Svensson(SWE)-Jiranek(CZE)-Jankulovski (CZE)

Sneijder(NED)--------------Deco(POR)-----Totti(ITA)-----------Vicente(ESP)

-------------------------------Vieri(ITA)--------Owen(ENG)-----------------------

:excited:
    Please remove Owen from that; he is one of the most overated strikers in the world IMO.

---------------------------------Buffon(ITA)-----------------------------------

Paulo Ferraira(POR)--Gallas(FRA)----Ricardo Carvalho(POR)--Puyol(ESP)

Deco(POR)-----------Nedved(CZE)------Vieira(FRA)---van der Vaart(NED)

----------------------------Pauleta(POR)--------Henry(FRA)-------------------

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #27
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    you should really drop kahn. germans will play the dutch and czechs, two of better attackling sides, germans are very likely to concede and concede a lot. better alternatives there. i say, portugals keeper. geez, even david james is better in this case.
    Have you seen the prices of all the keepers? And since when did anyone whip the Germans in tournaments?

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #28
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Please remove Owen from that; he is one of the most overated strikers in the world IMO.

-----------------------------------Buffon(ITA)-----------------------------------

Paulo Ferraira(POR)--Gallas(FRA)----Ricardo Carvalho(POR)--Puyol(ESP)

Deco(POR)-----------Nedved(CZE)------Vieira(FRA)---van der Vaart(NED)

----------------------------Pauleta(POR)--------Henry(FRA)-------------------
    I highly doubt that team would be affordable, but anyway whilst Owen may be overrated, in my view he'll get the points, and thats all that matters

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    And since when did anyone whip the Germans in tournaments?
    We will. If not this tournament, then the next. If it's the last thing we ever do before sinking back into the sea like Atlantis :fero::D

Sep 28, 2002
    Have you seen the prices of all the keepers? And since when did anyone whip the Germans in tournaments?
    euro 2000 :D

its not common but i believe both dutch and czechs are capable on beating them. and if a keeper concedes, no points for him. so i say better get czech keeper.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Is Kahn likely to get the starting goalkeeping place for Germany anyways? Timo Hildebrand has had a far superior season and while Kahn seems to be passed it Timo is now getting geared up for the big time.

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #33
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

euro 2000 :D

its not common but i believe both dutch and czechs are capable on beating them. and if a keeper concedes, no points for him. so i say better get czech keeper.
    I've already got two czech players, not allowed any more ;)

Stuart, I haven't seen anything of the guy you write about but i highly doubt he would replace kahn at a major tournament, doesn't seem the type of thing the germans would do

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Just to tell you a bit more about Hildebrand, he was two goals away from setting goalkeeping history in the Bundesliga this season. He didn't concede for over eight straight league games at the start of the season, and that isn't easy even though Stuttgart boasted the best defensive record in Germany this year.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    i think its like tom said,its not the type of think Germans do,and i think they're right about it,cuz its rather stupid to pull in a young unexperienced one-season-wonder goalkeeper to a major tournament like the euro's,its not worth the risk.but anyways one way or the other they're packing their bags by 23 june:D

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #36
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Just to tell you a bit more about Hildebrand, he was two goals away from setting goalkeeping history in the Bundesliga this season. He didn't concede for over eight straight league games at the start of the season, and that isn't easy even though Stuttgart boasted the best defensive record in Germany this year.
    Ah, the stuttgart goalie, well I know all about their defensive record, was actually very impressive but didn't help them all that much in the CL! I don't know I just don't think having a great defensive record in the bundesliga is enough to put him instead of Kahn.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    its like the italians wont drop DP for Gila,the French wont drop Lizarazu for Evra,the spanish wont drop raul for Mista,etc.so i actually agree with them even if hilderbrand had a much better season than Oliver.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Ok, I'm going to enter The Sun's dream team competition like Tom, but I need some help. I only have 50m to work with so I need to select some cheap players, but I'm not sure if they'll feature very often.

1) Is Paulo Ferreira likely to start for Portugal?
    2) Who's Spain's numero uno? Canizarez or Casillas?
    3) Which AM is in pole position to get the nod for Holland? VDV or Sneijder?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)