[EU] Europa League 2014/15 (31 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2009
Because my giant Juve ego is not not threatened by smalltime teams winning some baby cup. By being against them you acknowledge them as equal and I don't
and by the fact Juventus benifit with a stronger serie A. Stronger serie A, better the attraction for players, and more money

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
and by the fact Juventus benifit with a stronger serie A. Stronger serie A, better the attraction for players, and more money
The big issue is that we shall make far less money next year if one of these teams wins EL. If Napoli or finishes 4th or below and wins EL they go directly to group stage of CL as the CL title holder spot will not be used. Therefore a very good chance we could have 4 Serie A teams in CL group stages. If a couple get through the Rof16, we could be looking at making 30 mil less next year.

I'm happy to support Serie A teams doing well for coefficient in Europa league as in semifinals or losing finals. But I'd prefer another 3-4 year of us dominating Serie A easily and making deep CL runs without having to share broadcast revenues with multiple other Serie A teams.

It's not at all about placing them on the same level as us, as Igor said. That's ridiculous. It's about maximizing our revenue for another few years, and then I don't mind Serie A becoming a much better league with better teams in spots 2-6/7.

Plus, it's hilarious to watch these teams fail after all the nonsense they spew about us.

- - - Updated - - -

Napoli drawing at home with Dnipro and Viola getting smashed by Sevilla! Dat Serie A strength! :tuttosport:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
wow what results tonight
so much coefficient
very italy
wow

I am starting to believe that Italy won't have any team in any European competition final this season.

Mar 10, 2009
The big issue is that we shall make far less money next year if one of these teams wins EL. If Napoli or finishes 4th or below and wins EL they go directly to group stage of CL as the CL title holder spot will not be used. Therefore a very good chance we could have 4 Serie A teams in CL group stages. If a couple get through the Rof16, we could be looking at making 30 mil less next year.

I'm happy to support Serie A teams doing well for coefficient in Europa league as in semifinals or losing finals. But I'd prefer another 3-4 year of us dominating Serie A easily and making deep CL runs without having to share broadcast revenues with multiple other Serie A teams.

It's not at all about placing them on the same level as us, as Igor said. That's ridiculous. It's about maximizing our revenue for another few years, and then I don't mind Serie A becoming a much better league with better teams in spots 2-6/7.

Plus, it's hilarious to watch these teams fail after all the nonsense they spew about us.

- - - Updated - - -

Napoli drawing at home with Dnipro and Viola getting smashed by Sevilla! Dat Serie A strength! :tuttosport:

Im looking at more of a long term bro. Generally speaking, I've always wanted the Italian teams to do well, so then the league can strenght for the reasons I've just mentioned. TV rights, fan bases, better players etc.

People believe this ain't a big issue, but for a lot of us here, it's what got us interested in Juventus to begin with. I don't see many "Italy" locations here on the forum, the fact is a lot of us were attracted initially by the quality of Serie A.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
i doubt Italy getting their 4th spot back anytime soon, EpL teams and even German teams are performing better in Europe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)