[EU] Europa League 2014/15 (54 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I See :D

Dont believe in inter though.
The other ones might be right.
that was wishful thinking tbh, i would like to see 4 italian teams in QF and atleast 3 in SF (i dont want anyone to win it besides Torino though).

realistically, i can see Inter progress only if Wolfsburg has an off day or if the games are prior to important BL games and Wolfsburg decides to rest some starters. of all the italian teams left, Inter have impressed me the least and if they get past VW i can easily see them going out the next round...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The situations domestically might play a role in some of these duels.
For example, Wolfsburg more or less has the CL secured for next year via the Bundesliga. They are +12 from the 4th placed Schalke (3 spots lead to direct CLq in Germany), so their participation in the CL next year is a given. This means that the EL isn't their ticket to the CL. On the other hand, they are 8 pts behind Bayern. Depending on the situation before 12th of March, when they face Inter, Wolfsburg might actually sacrifice EL if they are fighting with Bayern for the Bundesliga. On the other hand, if Bayern makes an even bigger difference in the BL, then the EL will be the only remaining thing to play for Wolfsburg.
But this is an exception, because for the majority of these teams the EL is the most important thing remaining this season, so I expect them to give 100% here. Good thing for the rest is that the Spaniards play each other. Those guys are always top favorites in this competition, but after this round only one of them will remain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)