[EU] Europa League 2011/12 (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Slightly odd game, was Schalke v Bilbao.

Schalke were the better team for about 70 mins, were in control of the game and made a decent number of chances, especially working the ball down their right side.

Their coach must be going mad, because having set his team up nicely and pressing Bilbao back well, they somehow managed to concede two goal out of nothing: Fuchs failing to intercept a simple ball and the keeper spilling an easy shot for the first; and Llorente getting between the two CBs at a corner for the second.

After not dominating the possession as much as normal and not really trying to press Schalke very much, Bilbao were pretty fresh going into the last 20 mins. Schalke, on the other hand, had worked hard to press and control the game for no reward, so were tired and somewhat demoralised.

Was relatively straightforward for Bilbao, therefore, to overrun Schalke late in the game and they probably should have scored more than the two goals they did get on the break.

Raul is still great.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm doing that too. Rami is putting on a show. I'm rooting for AZ though.

---------- Post added 05.04.2012 at 17:33 ----------

Huntelaar with a nice strike.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
I thought you liked to root for the underdog Aaron.

Valencia winning.

Though to be honest, the team I'm really rooting for in this competition is Sporting CP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)