[EU] Europa League 2011/12 (70 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
And it is a bit fucking annoying that EL points are the same as CL points, even though there is a clear difference in quality, players, TV viewership/TV Rights, spectators and prize money between the two competitions. Fucking ridiculous UEFA.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Remember he rejected us 2 seasons ago when we ended up getting Qtube. The thing is the troll keeps scoring like it's no effort at all
Even though Di Natale has scored a shitload of goals for Udinese, I'm still happy we got Quags instead of him. Di Natale would choke at a big club. The little troll is a provincial boy at heart, never had the gumption to play with the big boys.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Even though Di Natale has scored a shitload of goals for Udinese, I'm still happy we got Quags instead of him. Di Natale would choke at a big club. The little troll is a provincial boy at heart, never had the gumption to play with the big boys.
Tend to agree with that. Couldn't deal with the pressure of being expected to perform at a big club.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
And it is a bit fucking annoying that EL points are the same as CL points, even though there is a clear difference in quality, players, TV viewership/TV Rights, spectators and prize money between the two competitions. Fucking ridiculous UEFA.
Its not though, its actually a very good way of deciding which league is really the best. All that the CL shows you is what the best teams from every league can do. Europa League shows what the rest of the league can perform and while the German teams for example take this competition very seriously, the shitty small teams from Italy think they're too good for this competition.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Its not though, its actually a very good way of deciding which league is really the best. All that the CL shows you is what the best teams from every league can do. Europa League shows what the rest of the league can perform and while the German teams for example take this competition very seriously, the shitty small teams from Italy think they're too good for this competition.
All well and good...so why not take a spot away in the EL instead of the CL? As far as I can ascertain, Italian teams have performed much better than German teams in the CL over the past 5-10 years. Like I said take a spot away for the Italian teams in the EL.

The system is flawed Suns.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yes. Winning the EL gets you a small fraction of finishing 20th in EPL, doesn't it?
Exactly, UEFA treats the tournament with disdain in terms of prize money and most fans of the clubs (and TV comapnies) couldnt give two fucks about the tournament, yet teams still gain the same amount of points from winning games as they do in the CL...absolutely stupid system.

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
They should go back like the old days and make the CL more exclusive thus making the Europa/UEFA cup more viable

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
They should go back like the old days and make the CL more exclusive thus making the Europa/UEFA cup more viable
:agree: having 4 teams from a singal country in the CL is ridicolous and stupid. 2 teams "max" should Enter that competition and the rest should play the Europa league, that way there will still be a big interest in the CL and more and more fans will turn to watch the EL too....

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Gotta say I agree with you only-Juve.

I miss the old days of the Champions League. Was such a co tournament back then. But UEFA and the TV companies would never get rid of the current format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)