[EU] Europa League 2011/12 (137 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
i really don't get it why those fucking italian clubs can not start their starting 11 in the el.... it's not like udinese will achive anything else than el qualification again in serie a......... thats why i hate palermo lazio udinese and co... they rest their key playrs in el just to play serie a and in the end what do they get at max. a el qualification.........................

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I just can't help wishing Udinese to finish 4th in serie A in each one of the following 4-5 seasons. Only something like that might convince the Italian sides to try harder in EL.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
FIGC should fine Udinese. I hope they lose all of their games so they'll have no chance to play in Europe next season. It mainly because of the performances of teams like Udinese in Europa League that have made Serie A lose its 4th spot. I hope they get raided next season.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Don't forget Juventus last season!
LOL true. Something needs to be done to address this. The FIGC, Lega Calcio, whoever need to start fining these teams or something. I understand that these teams don't have the best depth and want to have full squads for Serie A, but putting on these reserve teams and getting tonked all the time isn't a great look for Serie A clubs and is fucking the co-efficient up more and more with every passing round.

It is annoying, because if Udinese actually started with their top players (Di Natale, Armero, Isla, Asamoah, Benatia) things would be a lot different. I'm not saying they would have won the game, but I highly doubt they would have been smashed 4-0. And if they had the ability to keep their top players like Inler, Zapata and Sanchez, they'd easily be strong enough to win the tournament this season.

May 22, 2007
Thing is, Udinese are still level on points at the top of the group with Atlético and have a pretty good chance of going through even with a weakened team. I suppose they want to put in minimal effort now and if they're rewarded later on, then that's a bonus as it hasn't had much effect on their Serie A campaign. They actually gave Arsenal a decent couple of fixtures, but were just worse in front of goal and had chances hit the post (+ missed penalty). If only they realised that a semi final/final was a big possibility if they tried, it might motivate them.

I didn't watch tonight's game, but they already beat Atletico with Benatia and Pinzi being two changes to the team, so I don't know if they were having an off night or Atlético just seemed to care more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 137)