[EU] Champions League 2008/2009 (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
The betting odds in my country ...

$5.00 Barcelona
$5.50 Chelsea
$6.00 Man U
$6.50 Inter
$8.50 Liverpool
$10.00 Real, Arsenal
$15.00 Bayern, Juventus
$20.00 Roma
$25.00 Atletico Madrid
$30.00 Lyon, Villiareal
$40.00 Porto
$75.00 Panathinakos
$100.00 Sporting

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
My predictions:

Atlético - Porto
Lyon - Barcelona
Arsenal - Roma
Internazionale - Man. United
Real Madrid - Liverpool
Chelsea - Juventus (I will not predict)
Villarreal - Panathinaikos
Sporting - Bayern

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Because it can go either way. I simply don't know and have no idea who might edge the other.

Not even my hunch tells me anything.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Wilkins aware of Juve threat

Friday 19 December, 2008
Former Milan star and current Chelsea assistant manager Ray Wilkins gives his inside view on the “terrific” Champions League tie with Juventus.

“The news of the draw was brought out to us on the training pitch, and it's terrific,” said Wilkins on the official Chelsea website.

“It was always going to be a tough old game no matter who we played. Juventus are a great club, one of the biggest in European football and we are looking forward to it immensely.”

The first leg is at Stamford Bridge on February 25 and Juve have home advantage on March 10 because they topped their group.

“Juventus are playing in quite a small stadium but the atmosphere will be fantastic and I am looking forward to it.”

Wilkins warns that Chelsea fans have every reason to be worried after they were beaten 3-1 by Roma in the first phase of the competition.

“Roma were a big test for us and I am sure they will be for Arsenal as well, but Juventus are a better team, they are higher than Roma in the table.

“We are under no illusion it is going to very difficult for us, they will be well-organised, they have some good players, none more famous than [Alessandro] Del Piero, who seems to have been reborn this year.

“He is scoring some great goals, including free kicks which are his trademark.”

Juventus have been in Serie B and this is their first Champions League campaign since the Calciopoli scandal, so the motivation for veterans is immense.

“Pavel Nedved is still going strong at 36, he can hurt you and it will also be pleasant for everybody to see the top two goalkeepers in world football playing on the same pitch. [Gianluigi] Buffon is a world class keeper,” concluded Wilkins.

channel4

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

he was reborn 2 seasons ago, ya bald cunt!

Mar 28, 2007
First knockout round
First leg Second leg

Atlético - Porto 24/02 » 11/03 »
Lyon - Barcelona 24/02 » 11/03 »
Arsenal - Roma 24/02 » 11/03 »
Internazionale - Man. United 24/02 » 11/03 »
Real Madrid - Liverpool 25/02 » 10/03 »
Chelsea - Juventus 25/02 » 10/03 »
Villarreal - Panathinaikos 25/02 » 10/03 »
Sporting - Bayern 25/02 » 10/03

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
We are away to Palermo and away to Torino the weekends before the Chelsea games.

Not exactly ideal.

Chelsea are away to Aston Villa before the first game. It looks like they have a blank weekend before the second leg, but I think that is probably an FA Cup weekend.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Internazionale - Man. United
Jack, u fancy Jose over SAF ... me too, also i think Juve got a better chance of beating Inter rather than ManU

Chelsea are away to Aston Villa before the first game. It looks like they have a blank weekend before the second leg, but I think that is probably an FA Cup weekend.
EPL play through the Christmas period, hopes it ends in our favour.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Taken from an Atletico's fan blog

We’ve got Porto!
By: Greg | December 19th, 2008

The last 16 for the Champions League was drawn last night, and we were drawn with FC Porto. All I can say is “Thank God!”. Considering we could have been drawn with Roma, Juventus, and of course the current champions Manchester United, we got lucky getting Porto. Of course, who we could have been drawn with was very 50/50 on skill level, consider Porto, Bayern, and Panathinaikos were the weaker half of the six ....

Source: http://atletico.theoffside.com/team-news/weve-got-porto.html

Nice to hear from other fans acknowledging Juventus' achievement thus far ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)