[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (35 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Both of them are ignorant, but still one of them is your favorite player and the other is the one you absolutely hate. Zlatan isn't a diver? I doubt even if Inter fans would agree with this. Ronaldo's diving could win him an Olympic gold medal, Maradona's hand won him the match of his life !

I don't compare Ronaldo and Diego in terms of abilities. Honest? You must be kidding Salman. 19 years passed and in all those years he always funnily denied it and discribed his goal as " a little with my head, and a little with la mano de Dios" ! In 2005 he finally said that he hit the ball with his hand by purpose! Oh, and there was no need for him to have GUTS to admit it since ALL were aware of what he did. He admitted that he was at fault in his FAREWELL MATCH? God! how old was he at that time?

Now you claim that showboating is something which is capable of making a player hateful but you'd probably agree with me that if Ronaldo was playing for your favorite team, you'd love to see him showboating.

RVN, Becks and Keane were also cursed by the people who hate ManU, but you don't recall it clearly cos they've all passed their prime. You know, I don't hate Ronaldo as much as the time he used to score for Real Madrid in every match!

On the other hand, I believe there are players who you really can't stand when they're playing for the team you don't like. Mark Hughes, Cantona, RVN and yes, C Ronaldo are the ManU's examples. They all are great players and you sure will find some similarities in their characters as well. Hating them is not about showboating, diving, or their style in taking freekicks! It's all about their greatness adding to their irritating attitude.

I mostly want to say that the reasons you state for hating C Ronaldo are found more or less in many other players and the ironic part is that two of these players are Zlatan and Cassano (just ask you to remeber the way Cassano celebrated his goal against Juve a few seasons back) whom you like too much.

Finally, I have to say something about C Ronaldo's style of taking freekicks. That's just annoying, I agree, but Ronaldinho, who seems to be a nice guy in some of people's opinion here, has a similar style. You may not have seen enough of his freekicks!

Oh, and Salman Rushdie as the president of Iran? I like it :D
1)Yes Zlatan isnt a diver.I stick to that.He's not a habitual diver atleast.Every player in the world will take the occasional dive,but players like C.Ronaldo,Faustino Asprilla etc are/were very regular divers.

2)Beating England wasnt the match of Maradona's life.It was the match he's best known for,for two very different reasons.And no,the term 'The Hand Of God' was used by Maradona himself after that goal.Are you telling me that the term the man uses himself doesnt imply that he used his hand to score the goal?He sugarcoated it,thats it.At that time,he called it the Hand Of God.Later he called it the Hand Of Diego.Thats it.Having the balls to admit,regardless of wether the whole world already knows the truth,does take a lot of balls and a real kick out of your ego.The farewell speech that im talking about didnt have Diego talk about the goal alone.It was about everything that he had done..discipline issues,cocaine etc.Primarily Cocaine..hence the line 'The Ball Will Always Be Clean'

3)Showboating is the primary reason why he's hated IMO.Ive already said that id love him at Juventus,but ive also said that the Ronaldo at Manutd and the Ronaldo at Juventus might be different in attitude.

4)No,the reason why i hate Ronaldo are not found in Zlatan,or Cassano for that matter.Thats a very wrong misconception.Cassano's issue is temper.Not arrogance.People end up mixing the two way too often.He has never claimed being the best in the world like Zlatan or Ronaldo.Nor does he showboat.His problem is temper..plain and simple.Zlatan on the other hand is arrogant.Pretty much as arrogant as Ronaldo is.However,he doesnt showboat as often as Ronaldo,nor does he dive habitualy like Ronaldo,which makes hating him a lot harder..for me atleast.Even the people who hate Zlatan do so because of his poor form at Juventus and the ugly manner in which he left the club.Not because of his supposed diving or showboating.

How did Cassano celebrate his goal against Juve a few years back?I cant recall.If you're talking about the '4' signal made to the Juve bench after Roma had pounded 4 into our goal..that was made by Totti,not Cassano.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
And tough luck Dule and Fred..Hoori finds me much more interesting and 'conversable' than you too.Plus we're neighbours.

:D

You dont stand a chance :stuckup:

Zlatan doesn't showboat because he doesn't know. Not because he doesn't want.
I'll have to take a risk on my life here and say i disagree, i think he's very good at showboating.

*Runs for it!!*

Jun 13, 2007
4)No,the reason why i hate Ronaldo are not found in Zlatan,or Cassano for that matter.Thats a very wrong misconception.Cassano's issue is temper.Not arrogance.People end up mixing the two way too often.He has never claimed being the best in the world like Zlatan or Ronaldo.Nor does he showboat.His problem is temper..plain and simple.Zlatan on the other hand is arrogant.Pretty much as arrogant as Ronaldo is.However,he doesnt showboat as often as Ronaldo,nor does he dive habitualy like Ronaldo,which makes hating him a lot harder..for me atleast.Even the people who hate Zlatan do so because of his poor form at Juventus and the ugly manner in which he left the club.Not because of his supposed diving or showboating.

How did Cassano celebrate his goal against Juve a few years back?I cant recall.If you're talking about the '4' signal made to the Juve bench after Roma had pounded 4 into our goal..that was made by Totti,not Cassano.
Exactly, Cassano is nothing like Ronaldo.

He celebrated his goal by kicking the corner flag which earned him a yellow card. I'll never forget that goal. However, that was excitement and happiness rather than arrogance.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Yes,a corner flag.Now i remember.

I was expecting Hoori to bring up something bigger:p.Loads of players kick corner flags,or pose by them etc.That isnt taken as arrogance.Its hardly a sign of arrogance.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
i am very excited for Manu-Barca match , dont know what to expect although manu have the advantage but barca can still do it and at least get a draw but with VV and the weak defence i am not too optimistic.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
the way Man Utd approached the away leg was very, very disappointing...for such a massive club to play in such a sad way is just pathetic...i hope Barca rapes them in Old Trafford

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
the way Man Utd approached the away leg was very, very disappointing...for such a massive club to play in such a sad way is just pathetic...i hope Barca rapes them in Old Trafford
AHmed, I dont blame vergeson.. In away it might appear it was a sad approach, but the end result was what he wanted out of CampNou. His players didn't even attempt a counter!

Barca always suffered against teams who play defensively. They just did better this time becasue they were close to score but it didn't work out..

But hopefully tonight we SHOULD see a good match between 2 attacking forces in football.. if no one chickens out of course..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)