[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (116 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2007
It wasn't over a comma Enron. I wish it was. It was over utter garbage. See post4873. I didn't understand it, then he goes on saying how dim I was for not understanding it. That's how it all began.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
One thing I don't understand is why people labeled Barcelona "clueless." I mean, they had decent movement around the box and some very nice combinations as they always do, but once again they failed to put the chances away. Man United was packing their 18 like a van full of Mexican-Americans on Cinco de Mayo.

If Barcelona was "clueless," I wonder what that would make us when we try to break through the likes of Palermo..

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I think what killed the game for Barca was replacing Messi for Bojan . Messi was the spark of Barca's attack, taking him out was plain stupid.
actually it was the sensible thing to do SINCE HE WAS INJURED, but come on, nobody expects rijkaard to outmaneuver anybody tactically do they?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The commentator here said that Rijkaard planned to sub Messi out after ~70 minutes and how Rijkaard said, even before the match started, that Messi doesn't have 90 minutes in his legs.
He was indeed out for a long time, so that may be the reason why he was subbed.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think what killed the game for Barca was replacing Messi for Bojan . Messi was the spark of Barca's attack, taking him out was plain stupid.
Just goes to show Rijkaard is a terrible manager. That was an insane substitution, even while knowing Messi was a card away from suspension. You just have to take the chance and get the goals at home.

I hate it when that Tommy Smyth idiot on ESPN says, "well, 0-0 for the home team isn't the worst result Barca could get."

Well no shit, they could have actually LOST the match, dumbass. And 0-0 is by far to the advantage of Manure.

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
We played for a draw, which I can understand from SAF, but personally I dont like it. Literally every Euro away is dull, cagey and totally unlike the form showed in the Premiership.

People say 0-0 is a 'good' result, but its not imo. Away goals are vital in this comp, and although Barcelona are playing poorly at the moment, thre is every chance they will score a goal at OT. Which then bring instant unneccesary pressure, which could've been avoided; had we scored tonight.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
actually it was the sensible thing to do SINCE HE WAS INJURED, but come on, nobody expects rijkaard to outmaneuver anybody tactically do they?
The commentator here said that Rijkaard planned to sub Messi out after ~70 minutes and how Rijkaard said, even before the match started, that Messi doesn't have 90 minutes in his legs.
He was indeed out for a long time, so that may be the reason why he was subbed.
Well if that's the case then... alright. But Messi still looked good up until the point he was subbed off.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It wasn't over a comma Enron. I wish it was. It was over utter garbage. See post4873. I didn't understand it, then he goes on saying how dim I was for not understanding it. That's how it all began.
Basically you didn't understand something. Ever asked you if you could read it. You took it personal. Still petty in my book.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We played for a draw, which I can understand from SAF, but personally I dont like it. Literally every Euro away is dull, cagey and totally unlike the form showed in the Premiership.

People say 0-0 is a 'good' result, but its not imo. Away goals are vital in this comp, and although Barcelona are playing poorly at the moment, thre is every chance they will score a goal at OT. Which then bring instant unneccesary pressure, which could've been avoided; had we scored tonight.
Oh dear God, you actually are a Manure fan.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Yeah. By now, Messi is the best Barca player by far. Anyway, Evra defended that part of the field very well taking Messi and Bojan. Anyway, ManU did his game, kept the tie after the missing penalty and now hopes to win at Old Trafford.

thanks, :malt:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
serious;y was i the only one who seen messi pull up a few minutes before he went off? i thought it was a blatant muscle strain that forced him off, whether he was due to be coming off or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)