[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (115 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
How was it more coincidental than crucial? Flamini is arguably Arsenal's fittest player and hardest worker. His absence allowed Liverpool to control the midfield in the second half. Yes Fabregas was tired but not just because of his exertion in the first half. It was because he had Mascherano up his ass and Arsenal didn't have Flamini to do the same to Gerrard. I'm confident they wouldn't have been overrun like they were if Flamini was on the field.
True, i actually think the biggest signing Arsene can make in the summer is renewing with Flamini, we are royally fucked if he bails out on us.

Buy on AliExpress.com

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
it was sad to see the match ended like that for Arsenal..
Fenerbahce also should have done more in the first half,they had the crowd on their side,i mean it was as if they were playing at home in the first half,whistles everytime a Chelsea player touch the ball,but they just couldn't find that spirit i guess Fenerbahce..
And so it would mean,another all English semi final,i really feel its become very boring to see another Chelsea Liverpool match..
My feeling is Chelsea to play Barcelona in the final this year..

Boksic

May 11, 2005
a series of errors cost Arsenal dearly; they were in control of the game and Liverpool couldn't touch the ball. But they made 2 or 3 costly errors which led to the first goal.

1. The ball was rolling out of play for a goal kick, the defender or even Almunia should have just let the ball run out. Instead Almunia sliced a clearance out for a throw in a good position. From this Liverpool got the corner for thr goal.

2. Senderos' marking was terrible.

3. Fabregas should have had one hand on the post, he drifted off it making it hard to clear off the line. (I know this one is harsh and probably wouldn't have made a difference but he would of had a better chance to clear off the line).

Hard luck to Arsenal, i wish they went through and if Babel got his penalty then Hleb certainly should have!

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
Great game, the ref really was crap though. I feel very very sorry for arsenal and there fans, they deserve to be in the semifinals. I happen to think liverpool do to, both teams have really given there all, and arsenal deserve something from this season. They were really unlucky, and while the penalty was 50/50 (i'll have to watch it again) considering that hleb didn't get his penalty, one would have to say arsenal really were unlucky. Benitez screwed up the formation, arsenal were brilliant for the first twenty minutes. we really needed gerrard playing in crouch's position, and another midfielder like benayoun. Like against inter, liverpool got all the breaks. nevertheless, it was a wonderful game from both sides, both subs were crucial. brilliant run from walcott, after that, I wanted to cry. my friends (not 'pool supporters) had been telling me after torre's goal that it was over, and i kept on saying no it isn't, luckily there wasn't enough time between 2-2 and 3-2 for it to really sink in. fucking incredible game, and I really really hate to see arsenal go out like that. this season really has been heartbreaking for them. fuck manu and chelsea

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
and one last thing, once gilberto and senderos were on the pitch together, i was pretty sure liverpool would score again. they are disastrous

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Both were penalties
You could argue against this one though. To begin with the foul actually began outside the box. But more importantly, Babel decided to stop running (which was pretty cunning I have to admit) thus forcing the Liverpool defender to collide with him. It was a soft penalty, yeah, but all in all you could call it.

Too bad Liverpool go through thanks to a refereeing mistake in the first leg though. God, what a disgusting team they can be.

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
Great game, the ref really was crap though. I feel very very sorry for arsenal and there fans, they deserve to be in the semifinals. I happen to think liverpool do to, both teams have really given there all, and arsenal deserve something from this season. They were really unlucky, and while the penalty was 50/50 (i'll have to watch it again) considering that hleb didn't get his penalty, one would have to say arsenal really were unlucky. Benitez screwed up the formation, arsenal were brilliant for the first twenty minutes. we really needed gerrard playing in crouch's position, and another midfielder like benayoun. Like against inter, liverpool got all the breaks. nevertheless, it was a wonderful game from both sides, both subs were crucial. brilliant run from walcott, after that, I wanted to cry. my friends (not 'pool supporters) had been telling me after torre's goal that it was over, and i kept on saying no it isn't, luckily there wasn't enough time between 2-2 and 3-2 for it to really sink in. fucking incredible game, and I really really hate to see arsenal go out like that. this season really has been heartbreaking for them. fuck manu and chelsea

:agree:

Well said. I agree with you except I could care less that Arsenal got knocked out. It was a good game to watch especially if you were a Liverpool fan. It's times like this that I really miss Juventus in the CL:cry:. Hopefully Liverpool can knock Chelsea out because I can't bear to see them in the final.

I'm more disappointed by the Fener game. I really thought that they could do it and pull the wild card for semi's but I guess not.

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
Why Liverpool always involve in controvesies? Why??
Last time against Chelski, whether the goal was crossed the line or not
then Del Piero's header was ruled out for nothing
1st leg penalty not given
2nd leg dubious penalty given
I am not rooting for Gunners or what but it's really sad to see a splendid team goes out like this to see a wonderful match decided by a dubious penalty...
it's sick..
I will not watch any Pool match in CL games anymore

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
For me, better Pool win it than Arsenal or Manure. I don't want any clucs with equal or less CL trophies than Juve to win it, unless it's a team like Schalke, Fenerbahce or Roma who won't ever pass Juve. I don't want Manure, Chelsea, Barca or Arsenal to have more CLs than Juve. Plus, I'm also glad that arsenal lost so i don't have to hear anything from those annoying Arsenal fans who usually also happen to be Barca fans. The only thing that could be worse is if Manure win it. They would make Rooney the president of the U.N., Scholes the Pope and Cronaldo the President of the U.S.A.

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
we always heard how poor the refererring in premiership is, who knows at the highest level of European Football, laughable/inconsistent mistake exist..
it's time to do something about it, or else what's d point?
Ref been given too much authority, one decision can change the complex of the game.
Imagine the ref received large sum of money from Bet&Win or Mansion to tip Liverpool win?? No matter how, he will make sure Pool wins..

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Why Liverpool always involve in controvesies? Why??
Last time against Chelski, whether the goal was crossed the line or not
then Del Piero's header was ruled out for nothing
1st leg penalty not given
2nd leg dubious penalty given
I am not rooting for Gunners or what but it's really sad to see a splendid team goes out like this to see a wonderful match decided by a dubious penalty...
it's sick..
I will not watch any Pool match in CL games anymore
Probably a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)