[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (43 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
1-1, how predictable. I actually have money on Liverpool advancing after a 1-1 and then 0-0 scoreline. So far so good.
Thats what Liverpool would attempt to do.I dont expect Rafa to be too adventurous at home.But no one should be too surprised.This is what he's done in the CL since he took over at Liverpool - Get a favourable result in the first leg,and then hold out for a 0-0 draw in the 2nd leg.Predictable,yet effective.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
i'm interested to hear what those of you who saw arsenal-liverpool thought of hleb's penalty appeal. i thought that given how the ref was caling the rest of the match, that he was very consistent. i could see it given, but for two english teams, it was in my opinion not worthy of a penalty. granted, as a liverpool fan, i'm biased, but had that been torres i would have been disappointed of course, but i hope i would say the same thing, that in a game called the way it was, the ref made the correct and consistent decision

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
i'm interested to hear what those of you who saw arsenal-liverpool thought of hleb's penalty appeal. i thought that given how the ref was caling the rest of the match, that he was very consistent. i could see it given, but for two english teams, it was in my opinion not worthy of a penalty. granted, as a liverpool fan, i'm biased, but had that been torres i would have been disappointed of course, but i hope i would say the same thing, that in a game called the way it was, the ref made the correct and consistent decision
I think this is a lot of mental masturbation. What's done is done. Doesn't make a bit of difference. Nobody is going to celebrate a CL trophy with an asterisk over this... though some argue we should.

That said, I hate soft penalties and letting refs decide matches instead of players. On that alone, I could see where other refs would call a penalty, but the no call seemed more appropriate to me.

And I don't like either team.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Looked like a definite penalty to me.

Hleb was beyond him and Kuyt did just enough to knock him off balance by tugging on Hleb's shoulder.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I thought Hleb could have stayed on his feet, he bottled it, didnt have enough self confidence so he decided not to.

Having said that, Kuyt made enough contact for it to be called a penalty.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But its not about whether he could have stayed on his feet.

If that had happened outside the box, it would be a given as a foul every time and no-one would question it.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
But its not about whether he could have stayed on his feet.

If that had happened outside the box, it would be a given as a foul every time and no-one would question it.
True, i'm not saying it wasnt a penalty, i'm just saying that, instead of blaming it all on the ref, Hleb should take some blame too, he bottled it, his shooting phobia got the better of him (as always).

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
man, i'm so nervous about tomorrow! i honestly am starting to think arsenal have a better chance of progressing :( psyching myself out, I guess.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
roma are doing things quietly something thats really different than the first leg, i see one of the two extremes happening.

ohh and forza fener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)