[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Yes
It was just an example.
I was only wondering if the guys who support Milan and Roma only because they are Italian will support Inter if they have the 5 players i mentioned+Materazzi in their starting line-up.
After all, such Inter team consisted of 6 Italians + Zlatan, Vieira, Cambiasso, Figo and Cordoba will be more Italian than Roma's team from yesterday consisted of 5 Italians, 5 Brasilians and 1 French guy.

So, will the ones who support Milan only because they are Italian support Inter if they have 6 Italians with Materazzi and Molinaro among them ?

Imagine Materazzi making a leg breaking tackle in last minute, the ref says play on, Cambiasso passes the ball to the left to Molinaro who makes a great cross to Zlatan and then Zlatan scores a wonder goal and starts kissing Inter's jersey while Moratti is smiling from the stands and Inter win the CL final against Bayern Munich with this goal.
Will you guys celebrate this ? Will you celebrate the win of this Italian team ?

And if you won't, then why not ? Why did you celebrate Milan's win last year and you won't celebrate this ?
interesting alen, i would not cheer for inter...ever!! but then again i would not cheer for milan or roma in teh final either, i would watch it as an interested spectator but if it was either of these teams against an english team then i probably would prefer teh italian team to win. no double standards implied i just do not like to see our biggest rivals doing what we are unable to do

Aha, thanks.
This actually confirms what i thought all this time.
"I don't want Inter to win in Europe because they aren't Italian" is just a convinient excuse that is ment to cover the real reason why people don't like Inter to win in Europe.
If someone wants the best for Italian football and is a real azzuri fan, he'll cheer for Inter in Europe, no matter what. Especially if Inter have 6 Italians as in my example. But obviously that's not the case here so i'll have to wonder how big calcio fans are some of you guys !?
dare i say it....racists:shifty:

oh wait no, that me aint it?

nah seriously i think there is a burning resentment towards inter taht 5 years ago would not have existed as our main rivals would have been milan. since calciopoli we have reteurned to viewing inter as our main rival, hopefully it will not last long and inter will return to teh joke of a club they are.
as for your theory that it represents folks love of calcio ina bad light,i always say that you do not want your closest rival and enemy to do well,it is human nature. if it was an inter-manure final, i think i would turn off teh tv

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
interesting alen, i would not cheer for inter...ever!! but then again i would not cheer for milan or roma in teh final either, i would watch it as an interested spectator but if it was either of these teams against an english team then i probably would prefer teh italian team to win. no double standards implied i just do not like to see our biggest rivals doing what we are unable to do

dare i say it....racists:shifty:

oh wait no, that me aint it?

nah seriously i think there is a burning resentment towards inter taht 5 years ago would not have existed as our main rivals would have been milan. since calciopoli we have reteurned to viewing inter as our main rival, hopefully it will not last long and inter will return to teh joke of a club they are.
as for your theory that it represents folks love of calcio ina bad light,i always say that you do not want your closest rival and enemy to do well,it is human nature. if it was an inter-manure final, i think i would turn off teh tv
That sums it up pretty nicely.Plus i also think that a lot of people here raise the 'Inter arent Italian' argument because of the Calciopoli scandal.The hatred towards Inter because of the scandal would mean that they dont want to cheer for Inter under any circumstances,even though they want the 'betterment of Italian Football'.

Id want an Italian team to win the CL over an EPL team any day of the week,even if that Italian team in question is Inter.But thats just me.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Mascherano Doutbful For Milan Trip

Liverpool could be without a vital cog of their midfield for the second-leg of their Champions League tie away to Inter next Tuesday as Javier Mascherano appears to be losing his race for fitness.

The Argentine midfield orchestrator, who just recently signed a permanent deal with the Reds, will definitely be forced to sit out the league match against Newcastle this weekend, and his manager has now admitted that he may not recover from the injury he sustained against West Ham in time for the trip to Milan.

"I will need to speak to the doctors before we decide about Inter but he will not be available this weekend against Newcastle," said Rafa Benitez on Liverpool's official website.

Benitez would rue being without a player who has emerged as one of his influential peformers for the second-leg against Inter next week. Mascerano is exactly the type of cool head that Liverpool would need on the field if they concede an early goal to the Italian champions, who will be hell-bent on overturning the 2-0 disadvantage from the first-leg.

goal.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Well I think Serie A fans are no better than EPL fans, infact I think they are even worse than them, more biased also. I don't particulary hate Roma so much and their win went well along with me but if I have to be honest, I like Real Madrid much more as a club. But there is something in this Forum that makes me to cheer against the Italian teams because a lot of the members want Italian teams to qualifty so they could arrogantly brag and make fun of the EPL fans about how Italy is the best footballing country in the world and that Serie A will alway be on higher level than EPL, which at the moment is not true and it's not going to change unless big problems are solved in Italy.

One more thing, even if I would want an Italian team to go far this season and represent Italy, that team would be Inter because they are the REAL Italian representatives as they are Serie A CHAMPIONS, like it or not. Milan should not have even paticipated this season or the season before and I am so glad they they got their asses handed to them by a team who is completely superior to them at the moment - ARSENAL.

Vaffanculo Milan!!!
WTF are you on about?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Mascherano Doutbful For Milan Trip

Liverpool could be without a vital cog of their midfield for the second-leg of their Champions League tie away to Inter next Tuesday as Javier Mascherano appears to be losing his race for fitness.

The Argentine midfield orchestrator, who just recently signed a permanent deal with the Reds, will definitely be forced to sit out the league match against Newcastle this weekend, and his manager has now admitted that he may not recover from the injury he sustained against West Ham in time for the trip to Milan.

"I will need to speak to the doctors before we decide about Inter but he will not be available this weekend against Newcastle," said Rafa Benitez on Liverpool's official website.

Benitez would rue being without a player who has emerged as one of his influential peformers for the second-leg against Inter next week. Mascerano is exactly the type of cool head that Liverpool would need on the field if they concede an early goal to the Italian champions, who will be hell-bent on overturning the 2-0 disadvantage from the first-leg.

goal.com
Lucas will just have to step up. Look for The Babel to bag a sweet away goal at the end of the first half.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Aha, thanks.
This actually confirms what i thought all this time.
"I don't want Inter to win in Europe because they aren't Italian" is just a convinient excuse that is ment to cover the real reason why people don't like Inter to win in Europe.
If someone wants the best for Italian football and is a real azzuri fan, he'll cheer for Inter in Europe, no matter what. Especially if Inter have 6 Italians as in my example. But obviously that's not the case here so i'll have to wonder how big calcio fans are some of you guys !?

I can see your point, and to a certain extent I agree with you, but I would rather die then see moratti happy. I hate almost everyone involved with that team. Maybe if they got new personnel I might be able to respect them a little more, who knows. When they lost to liverpuke it's not like I was cheering, actually I was more in shock then anything. They're juve's biggest rival, and seeing your biggest rival win isn't easy.

Being an azzurri fan is a little different then being a calcio fan. Inter is an italian team and yet they only start 1 italian (and even that's a stretch). As an italian, that disappoints me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)