[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (89 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Good post, Martin. I made that same point a while ago, but I don't think some people really understand it.

Good draw except for the fact one of Inter or Liverpool will be in the quarters.

:tdown:
I'm over It aswell. What Martin has said is very logic but you can't always convince people.

It's indeed sad to see one of Inter or Liverpool in the quarters.

I'll be cheering for Roma like hell against Real Madrid.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
and now we just need someone to mention how good it would be for us if italian club wins the tournament. :redface:
only fools will claim anything like that. This is discussed thousands times here that Italian teams going the further the more they get Money, and the less competitive we turn financial wise.

and I don't give a damn about the points Italian league will gather, even if it ends with 3 teams from Italian League. Juve in the coming years shouldn't be the team to worry about making the 3rd or 4th position in the league.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I don't understand People worrying about the quality of the Italian league decreasing and there being less spots for Italian teams. The quality of the league is already in ruins. Italian team will be banned from UEFA competitons sooner than later anyways because of all the violence. No need to worry about there being less spots then now.

there is no reason to cheer for your opponents.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Damn, on one hand I want Inter and Milan to get their asses handed to them by Pool and Arsenal, but on the other hand I want them to stick around for a bit so we can take advantage of their European duties.
My dilemma exactly.
If i know that Milan, Inter or Roma will be eliminated in the quarters or the semis, i'd even want them to eliminate Arsenal, Liverpool and Real.

From Juve's fan point of view it's indeed very good if our rivals play tough matches in Europe in February, March and April. It increases our chances to surprise everyone and even win the scudetto, even though it will be very tough with Inter having 20 quality players

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,127
    only fools will claim anything like that. This is discussed thousands times here that Italian teams going the further the more they get Money, and the less competitive we turn financial wise.

and I don't give a damn about the points Italian league will gather, even if it ends with 3 teams from Italian League. Juve in the coming years shouldn't be the team to worry about making the 3rd or 4th position in the league.
    I don't really care about the UEFA points system. As far as I am concerned let them take only one team from Italy, we all know what team will be in the Champions League year in year out.

All those who claim that we don't understand the benefits we get from Italian teams succeeding in Europe, I would like to hear the benefits we get when Milan get 50 Million Euros from reaching the semi final.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    "They will accept that Italian league is the best, better than English and Spanish leagues". This is what came out best.

do you give a damn about that? That's my last concern personally.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    "They will accept that Italian league is the best, better than English and Spanish leagues". This is what came out best.

do you give a damn about that? That's my last concern personally.
    Lot of people do. Maybe I care alot about this considering that I'm sorrounded by EPL fans and La Liga fans and we're always arguing about the toughest and the best league between the EPL and La Liga. Majority of them keep discussing how recently the EPL teams are always making the Semi's more than the Italians.

Btw, in the past 5years Milan had done better than us in the Champions League and still that didn't ruin the road when we won the Scuds. It's all about desire really, more than money IMO.

Real Madrid is an example IMO. Anyway, thats just my opinion about this.

If I had to pick a team to win it this year, I'd go for Lyon.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Lot of people do. Maybe I care alot about this considering that I'm sorrounded by EPL fans and La Liga fans and we're always arguing about the toughest and the best league between the EPL and La Liga. Majority of them keep discussing how recently the EPL teams are always making the Semi's more than the Italians.

Btw, in the past 5years Milan had done better than us in the Champions League and still that didn't ruin the road when we won the Scuds. It's all about desire really, more than money IMO.

Real Madrid is an example IMO. Anyway, thats just my opinion about this.

If I had to pick a team to win it this year, I'd go for Lyon.
    Serie A this year and the previous is the worst among these 3 major leagues. The reason Milan or Inter doing great is because of financial power of their owners. Things are being changed Rab, the past years we were very weak in Transfer markets, we had limited transfer budgets and we couldn't sign the players we would dream of, while Inter and Milan collected every great players around. We need to catch them financially, what my friends or your friends think about Italian league is not important than the financial power of Juve's rivals. Imagine if Milan add Ronaldinho or the likes to their current team, and Inter? they already made the best possible team, just hope that Roma doesn't join them, we will hardly compete for CL spot if thing go this way, since things are not going great like it used to be with Agnellis the past decades.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Serie A this year and the previous is the worst among these 3 major leagues. The reason Milan or Inter doing great is because of financial power of their owners. Things are being changed Rab, the past years we were very weak in Transfer markets, we had limited transfer budgets and we couldn't sign the players we would dream of, while Inter and Milan collected every great players around. We need to catch them financially, what my friends or your friends think about Italian league is not important than the financial power of Juve's rivals. Imagine if Milan add Ronaldinho or the likes to their current team, and Inter? they already made the best possible team, just hope that Roma doesn't join them, we will hardly compete for CL spot if thing go this way, since things are not going great like it used to be with Agnellis the past decades.
    Good post, but I have some points here...

About Inter, when did Inter achieve something good in Champions League in their last decade? I can't re-call them making the Semi finals since their Milan-Inter one few years ago when three Italian teams made it. Point is, Inter has always been weak in CL and Serie A, yet they were buying the best players in the world or lets say one of the best not to exaggerate....They were buying one of the best players but not making diff.

Thats why I told you desire IMO makes alot more than money in football to me.

Milan on the other hand, whether they do well or not in Champions League, Berlusca has stated more than 10x now that he's welling to pay from his own pocket to bring Ronaldinho over which is over 90m. Both of them will always be financially strong, at least from now till the next 5years.

I agree with you about our financial situation that It's not like before, considering that we went down to Serie B. But look at this year brother, Milan won the CL, we were in Serie B, We're 2nd in the league they're god knows where.

I hope I don't jiinx our team by saying that, but I really really think money isn't everything in football.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
    10 Celtic–Barcelona 90
    35 Lyon–Manchester United 65
    45 Schalke 04–Porto 55
    55 Liverpool–Inter 45
    30 Roma–Real Madrid 70
    60 Arsenal–Milan 40
    10 Olympiacos–Chelsea 90
    50 Fenerbahce–Sevilla 50

% to go through. What I hope for is something different but as always, my hope is for all Italian teams to go out as early as possible.
    Anyway three games are mouthwatering beforehand; Arsenal - Milan, Man U - Lyon and Pool - Inter are all extremely exciting games that brings that real Champions League-feel to them.

:tup:

May 22, 2007
    Our owners have financial power too, John Elkann is the chief guardian of €8bn. We have been weak because we have had nothing to tempt players with. If we can qualify for the Champions League this season, that will change. Milan collected every great player around did they? Who exactly? Ill agree that Inter did, largely due to the fact that they got two of our players, but all Milan got was Pato and Ronaldo. In my opinion, I think we did better then them this summer, in the transfer market. What we have to do is to not fear what other teams do in the transfer market, but do what is best for us. If we have a solid, consistent starting eleven, who perform brilliantly every match, we will be better then those who spend €100m on star names. Only last month, we drew with Inter. Really, the money gap from which they are earning isn't proving to be useful. Same goes for Milan, they are 15 points behind us in the league. The only team which hasn't spent hard money and looked good this season, id say, is Roma. I know Inter are trouncing the league, but so what? If we get second, I will have lost no respect for Juventus football club. And we are almost level with them on points. Being realistic, Milan won't win all their games from now until the end of the season. They have the most shallowest team on earth so will have to settle for either the Champions League or doing their best in Serie A. Inter have already looked shaky in the Champions League, losing against Fenerbahçe. They could do well, but they have a lot of injuries so maybe semi finals for them, but if they focus on it too much, they could lose Scudetto. Roma have Real Madrid. Good luck to them on that. We on the other hand, have just Scudetto. There might be a signing in January, I doubt that though. We can get to the Champions League spot which is the main thing which attracts players, and then we will look competitive. We will rake in TV money which Europe provides, we buy more players, we do better in Champions League, we get more money etc. Inter and Milan get richer, but there is plenty more money in the world, and plenty more players. They can't buy every person in the world. My point about me wanting an Italian club to do well is based on personal issues. It can also help Juventus a bit, because of the rankings, because I don't want to be going through qualifying matches before the actual tournaments. Ill leave it at that, in about 10 minutes Ill probably remember something which I think I should have written down in addition to that, so Ill add it to the bottom of my post. I want the best for Juventus, end of.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    What i'd like to happen

Arsenal-Milan - Arsenal
    Milan can't win serie A so it won't matter too much for us if they play in Europe and drop points in Italy because of that.
    And since they're very good in April and May and they can win the whole thing if they pass through the earlier stages, i wan't them out of CL ASAP

Roma-Real - Roma
    It will be good if they stay a little longer in CL. Not to make it into the semis, but the quarters will be OK. If they make it to the quarters they'll have a very busy March and half of April and they'll start losing many points in serie A.
    It goes without saying that it'll be cool if they play extra-time in Madrid and win on penalties

Liverpool-Inter - Inter
    Same as Roma-Real

Schalke-Porto .... i don't really care, let it be Porto so , since we have no chances to sign nim, Quaresma's price will get sky high if he has few good matches in CL and some fools like Calderon or Abramovic will sooo overpay to get him

Fenerbahce-Sevilla....Sevilla, at least they can beat an English or Italian team in the quarters

Olympiacos-Chelsea..... Chelsea, so they can choke against Arsenal in the quarters

Celtic-Barcelona....... Barcelona so they can get their ass kicked by Sevilla in the quarters

Lyon-Manchester certainly not Manchester

And then the quarters :
    Arsenal-Chelsea.....Arsenal

Inter-Porto.... Inter wins 3:2 in the first leg, have 2:0 lead in the second, Materazzi and Burdisso get a red card, Porto scores 3 goals in the second half, the match goes to extra-time, Porto wins on penalties and Inter A CASA

Lyon-Roma.....Lyon
    Same as Inter-Porto only that instead of Matrix and Burdisso, De Rossi, Totti and Mexes get red cards

Sevilla-Barcelona....Sevilla

From here on, everything that happens is acceptable :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Four Manchester United fans have been sentenced to jail terms by an Italian court for their part in fighting before the Champions' League match between United and Roma earlier this month.
    Four Manchester Uniited Fans Jailed For Rome Violence

Kyle Dillon, 23, and Richard Wimmer, 39, were both given sentences of two years and five months. Nicholas Lucas, 18 and Michael Burke, 35, were sentenced to two years and four months in prison.

Goal.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Burke is that you?:D

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=522722

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)